Free Speech Emergency Alert!!!!!!

May 10, 2005
The Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2005 is set to pass through the senate and on to the presidents desk by next week unless you stand up and say NO. This piece of legislature will make Christians thought criminals. The new testiment will become hate literature. Critisism of Israel is not tolerated under this new law. The ADL definition of "Hate" will be enforced nationwide, thus spelling the end of our free speech.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Prayer Network

TOTAL EMERGENCY ALERT ! ! !

HATE BILL WILL PASS SENATE JUDICIARY!!
Fight in Senate is Our Only Hope for Survival of Free Speech

By Rev. Ted Pike

Senate Judiciary members who support the federal “anti-hate bill” S.1145 outnumber opponents by at least 12 to 10. Two Republicans, Senator Arlen Specter (R., Pennsylvania) and Mike DeWine (R., Ohio), have declared their support for the bill.

Unless there is a miracle of Divine intervention or a senatorial change of mind, S.1145 will soon be on the floor of the Senate, voted upon by a Senate overwhelmingly inclined to pass it quickly. Such passage already occurred on June 15, 2004, with a vote of 65 to 33, although it was later overturned in conference.

It is imperative that all who love freedom call each of the 55 Republican members of the Senate toll free at 1-888-355-3588 or toll at 1-202-225-3121.

The list of Senate Republicans is posted on the home page of www.truthtellers.org. Download this list and call, stating this simple message: “I want to express my disapproval of the hate bill S.1145.” Don’t hang up but ask to be transferred to the next Senator and so on until you have left your message with all 55. The receptionist will either transfer you directly or send you back to the capitol operator. Calling these 55 will take about 20 minutes.

At www.truthtellers.org you will find several of my articles debunking the hate bill: “Don’t Be Hoodwinked by ‘Anti-Hate’ Bill S.1145” and “New Federal ‘Hate’ Bill Means Funeral of Free Speech.” Email or fax one or both of these articles to all 55 Republican members of the Senate. To visit each senator’s website, click on their names and paste one or both of these articles into their online email form.

NOW IS THE DECISIVE MOMENT TO SAVE FREE SPEECH.
NEXT WEEK MAY BE TOO LATE!

http://www.truthtellers.org/alerts/billwillpassjudiciary.html

A little bit of detail as to what exactly would be and not be banned might be nice. Some of us at work can't get to that website due to filters, the release is just a bunch of hyperbole.

National Prayer Network

DON’T BE HOODWINKED BY “ANTI-HATE” BILL S. 1145!
By Rev. Ted Pike

As I spearhead national opposition to “anti-hate” bill S.1145 (The Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2005), I receive input such as this: “I have read S.1145 and don’t find any great conspiracy against free speech.” Or, “My member of Congress says S.1145 merely provides federal assistance to state and Indian tribes in their fight against violent hate crimes.”

Here is a brief guide to understanding S.1145’s hidden yet supremely dangerous agenda.

This bill empowers the federal government to assume control of local hate crimes law enforcement. It establishes unity between federal and local law enforcement, thus creating the beginnings of a “police state.” This enables the Anti-Defamation League of B’nai B’rith, creator of this legislation, to enforce nationally the kind of persecution against Christians which their national executive board member, Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham, enforced locally against 11 Christians on October 10, 2004. Preaching at a gay pride rally, they were arrested for violation of ADL’s Pennsylvania hate law. Possible penalties: 47 years in prison and $90,000 fines each. Mercifully, the case against them was thrown out by a higher court.

Lynne Abraham had unrestrained power to command her police underlings to arrest the Philadelphia Christians. ADL wants the same federal power to enforce its federal hate crimes agenda against Christians, right-wing talk show hosts, critics of Israel, pro-lifers, anti-war activists, etc., in every town in America.

Federal Takeover of Law Enforcement

Instead of telling us how S.1145 threatens our liberties, the ADL deceptively portrays this bill as a sincere effort by the federal government to respond to a “serious national problem:” violent hate crimes in the states and on Indian reservations.

The real goal of S.1145 is to grant permission to the federal government to control local civil rights law enforcement.

1. Sec.2,4-13 clearly and repeatedly states that occurrence of bias-motivated violence in a state entitles the federal government to override states’ rights in law enforcement, establishing “federal jurisdiction over certain violent crimes motivated by bias.” (12)

2. Sec.7(b)(2)(A), strategically positioned near the end of the bill (just when most readers and members of Congress are yawning) is a tangle of deliberately confusing grammar and legalese terminology. Yet its implications are deadly to the future of states’ rights. It says that the U.S. Attorney General, or his underlings, may pursue hate crimes indictments within states if:

A. States do “not intend to exercise jurisdiction” in prosecuting hate crimes in the way the federal government wants them to. In other words, if a state wants to prosecute all crime according to physical evidence, not “bias motivation,” and reject a federal ADL hate law for their state, then the federal government has the right to swoop in and enforce the federal hate law and its “bias motivation” legal philosophy, whether that state likes it or not. Sec.7(b)(2)(A)

B. If states do not obtain the kind of verdict the federal government wishes in a hate crimes trial, the government also has the right to intervene and violate states’ rights, presumably retrying the case to their satisfaction. Sec.7(b)(2)(D)

This legislation establishes the premise that there exists something called “the federal interest in eradicating bias-motivated violence” -- an interest the government expects to be “vindicated” by the states. Section 7(b)(1)(D). This means that the traditional “ineffective” approach to eliminating hate crimes by prosecuting them according to physical evidence, rather than motivation, no longer satisfies “the federal interest.” Instead, the ADL/federal program to “eradicate hate crimes” means that states must ferret out the “motivation” behind certain crimes and punish it severely with triple penalties. Otherwise, the government implies, “hate” is not eradicated at its most fundamental origins: in the thoughts of violent hate crimes offenders. Thus, the government is inventing a whole new species of criminal prosecution, dedicated to quantifying the “bias” that drives “hate crimes.” This is a task our government has never attempted. A state's lack of cooperation will result in federal invasion.

At present, takeover by S.1145 is in response to violent bias crimes in the states. Yet tomorrow, via enabling legislation and judicial precedents, S.1145’s jurisdiction will be extended to prosecute “verbal violence,” i.e., Biblical condemnation of homosexuality or blame against the Jews for the crucifixion. Such broadening of powers and jurisdiction has always occurred in countries such as Canada who naïvely let hate laws get their foot in the door.

Slippery Legislation

By its obscurity and deceptiveness, ADL has crafted S.1145 to slip like an eel through Congress. This literally happened September 14, 2005 when Amendment 2662 slithered through the House of Representatives in only 45 minutes! But, this eel has fangs. It squirms toward one dark objective: Creation of a vast Orwellian anti-hate bureaucracy and police state with ADL lurking behind the scenes – to seize and silence the politically incorrect anywhere in America.

From a supreme position of power over all federal and local law enforcement, the ADL will be able to enforce its twisted definition that “hate” means bias against federally protected groups, particularly Jews and homosexuals. All Bible-believing Christians will become “haters,” just as D.A. Lynne Abraham viewed them as they preached in the Philadelphia public square last year.

Take a Second Look

So, to all who haven’t seen a conspiracy in S.1145, even after reading it, I say: Read it again more deeply. Consider how that similar ADL/B’nai B’rith legislation has ended free speech in Canada, and European countries. You must see S.1145 for what it is: possibly the most dangerous threat to states’ rights, evangelical Christianity, free speech, and freedom itself which has ever been proposed to Congress.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT WE CAN DO

PROTEST S.1145 TO ALL 55 REPUBLICAN MEMBERS OF THE SENATE! These senators are listed at www.truthtellers.org. Call toll free 1-888-355-3588 or toll 1-202-225-3121. With only one phone call, you can be transferred from one office to the other upon your request, calling all 55 in about 20 minutes. Tell them “I want to express my disapproval of the hate bill S.1145!”

The members of the Senate Judiciary Committee may soon approve S.1145 as part of the Children’s Safety Act of 2005, H.R.3132. If so S.1145 will almost certainly pass on the floor of the Senate. Although later defeated in conference it passed the Senate on June 15, 2004, 65-33. As happened in the House of Representatives on September 14th, this bill could move through the Senate very rapidly. All members of the Senate, especially Republicans, must hear from you NOW!!!

Email this article to all Republican members of the Senate. Click on their names at www.truthtellers.org to visit their website and paste this article into their online email contact form.

Confused about S.1145? Ted Pike’s gripping 80-minute video, in VHS or DVD, “Hate Laws: Making Criminals of Christians,” completely explains the history and objectives of S.1145. Order it for $24.90 at www.truthtellers.org. or call 503-631-3808.

TALK SHOW HOSTS: Invite Rev. Ted Pike back on the air to generate a tidal wave of communications to Senate members. Call Rev. Pike at 503-631-3808.

National Prayer Network, P.O. Box 828, Clackamas, OR 97015

StoptheMadness1 said:

Confused about S.1145? Ted Pike’s gripping 80-minute video, in VHS or DVD, “Hate Laws: Making Criminals of Christians,” completely explains the history and objectives of S.1145. Order it for $24.90 at www.truthtellers.org. or call 503-631-3808.

TALK SHOW HOSTS: Invite Rev. Ted Pike back on the air to generate a tidal wave of communications to Senate members. Call Rev. Pike at 503-631-3808.

National Prayer Network, P.O. Box 828, Clackamas, OR 97015

Looks suspiciously like a sales pitch to me. :rolleyes:

while the blurb seems alarmist, I agree that this legislation is a bad piece of work. It will subvert free speech. Talk about invasion of privacy! How dare they try to outlaw what goes on inside someone's mind!

Kathianne said:
Well when I saw the sponsor et al, knew something was up. Taking hate laws to next level. I'd rather see the others repealed, discriminatory.
I didn't mean "you" read it.. :spank3:

I agree, all hate crime law should be repealed. :thup:

Originally posted by StoptheMadness1:
HATE BILL WILL PASS SENATE JUDICIARY!!
Fight in Senate is Our Only Hope for Survival of Free Speech

I'm beginning to see a pattern here. . .

Christopher Wolf, the longtime Chair of ADL's Internet Task Force and Partner, Proskauer Rose LLP, was named Chair of the International Network Against Cyber Hate (INACH) during its fourth annual conference, held September 29 - 30 at ADL National Headquarters New York City.

Funny detail,
From www.inach.net:
The object of INACH, the International Network Against Cyberhate is to combat discrimination on the Internet. INACH is a foundation under Dutch Law and is seated in Amsterdam. INACH was founded on October 4, 2002 by Jugenschutz.NET and Magenta Foundation, Complaints Bureau for Discrimination on the Internet.

Seems my country is in on this.

Originally posted by mom4:
while the blurb seems alarmist, I agree that this legislation is a bad piece of work. It will subvert free speech. Talk about invasion of privacy! How dare they try to outlaw what goes on inside someone's mind!
By the way,

cannot people already be confiscated and shipped to Gitmo for what they are thinking? This seems just an extension of what is already in effect.

It may be easier in coming days to submit, and say "Oh, well if i dont cause any trouble everything will be fine."

If this bill passes, just remember that when the overlords say that black people are slaves and sub-human, it doesnt make it true. When the government says that we have no free speech, IT DOESNT MAKE IT TRUE, RESIST, RESIST, RESIST!

You are cattle in the eyes of the elite, they see you as absolute scum, they see you as their SLAVES.

Courage now America, RESIST tyranny and become the bill of rights society that we once were!

Bible believing Christians, you will be persecuted, you will eventually be told to deny Christ. Strengthen your faith now, and do not back down.

The gestapo could not universally enforce their criminal laws, the same goes for this hate speech bill. Selective enforcement will be the way of scaring good men and women into not speaking out.

They do not have the capability to enforce this on everyone, THEY WILL FAIl!

And now we have an increase in the Thought Police powers suggested by legislators. Attempting to legislate correct thought is simply repulsive to me. There could be no worse of an abuse of government power.

Hagbard Celine said:
If it's unconstitutional, the Supreme Court will knock it down. I'm not worried.
They have already upheld other "Hate Crime" laws why would you believe that they would knock these ones down?

no1tovote4 said:
They have already upheld other "Hate Crime" laws why would you believe that they would knock these ones down?

If the court finds that the law violates the first amendment or some other part of the constitution, the law will be struck down.

Harmageddon said:
By the way,

cannot people already be confiscated and shipped to Gitmo for what they are thinking? This seems just an extension of what is already in effect.

Oh please do explain the arrests without actions...:smoke:

Hagbard Celine said:
If the court finds that the law violates the first amendment or some other part of the constitution, the law will be struck down.
Yeah, just like the Patriot Act, gun control laws, income tax laws, etc.

Hagbard Celine said:

I have already pointed out to you that there is no gaurantee that they will find any such thing. They have already upheld other "hate crime" laws, why are these so special that they will find them unconstitutional while the others could stand?

StoptheMadness1 said:
The Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2005 is set to pass through the senate and on to the presidents desk by next week unless you stand up and say NO. This piece of legislature will make Christians thought criminals. The new testiment will become hate literature. Critisism of Israel is not tolerated under this new law. The ADL definition of "Hate" will be enforced nationwide, thus spelling the end of our free speech.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.truthtellers.org/alerts/billwillpassjudiciary.html

Just who is the ADL? Here's one opinion:

America's Most Powerful Hate Group
http://web.archive.org/web/20030210031559/www.jewwatch.com/jew-organizations-ADL-hate-group.htm
The ADL: America's Greatest Enemy
http://web.archive.org/web/20021209...-organizations-ADL-hate-group-natallonadl.htm

New Topics

Forum List

Back