Free speech and the OWS.

Is it a surprise really, when you have one side that wholeheartedly supports the current institutions and establishments, compared to the one that wants things to change? Of course the teabaggers aren't going to be arrested by the people the institutions they're supporting.

Show me something the tea party did to be arrested for and wasn't

VETS and Americans kick the SHIT out of OWS protestors burning flag in Oakland. - YouTube

Burning the flag is an expression of free speech, however all idiots are allow this. Some times people need to not show how stupid they can be. The Flag for any country is supposed to represent that country and what it stands for.America use to be the beacon of hope for the world, and when idiots in the name of free speech burn the flag they are also burning the hope of the world. Now that's my free speech in action. Have a great day.

Hey... I'm against flag burning... it's despicable behavior. But then again... Buying elections anonymously through superPACs is too.

VETS and Americans kick the SHIT out of OWS protestors burning flag in Oakland. - YouTube

Burning the flag is an expression of free speech, however all idiots are allow this. Some times people need to not show how stupid they can be. The Flag for any country is supposed to represent that country and what it stands for.America use to be the beacon of hope for the world, and when idiots in the name of free speech burn the flag they are also burning the hope of the world. Now that's my free speech in action. Have a great day.

Hey... I'm against flag burning... it's despicable behavior. But then again... Buying elections anonymously through superPACs is too.

Wouldn't voter ID stop that?

Is it a surprise really, when you have one side that wholeheartedly supports the current institutions and establishments, compared to the one that wants things to change? Of course the teabaggers aren't going to be arrested by the people the institutions they're supporting.

Show me something the tea party did to be arrested for and wasn't
There isn't any instance. The TEA party Rallies were neat/orderly to the point that they cleaned up after themselves...imagine that?

How would voter ID stop SuperPacs from donating unlimited, anonymous funds?

How did obama make all those million in donation?

Just can't handle taking off the partisan hat for a minute, can you? First off, Citizens' United didn't even get started till 2009, so before that...SuperPacs weren't an issue.

However, what makes you think that what I posted was "for GOP only"?

Just can't handle taking off the partisan hat for a minute, can you? First off, Citizens' United didn't even get started till 2009, so before that...SuperPacs weren't an issue.

I'm not partisan per-say because I am not a anyone but obama person. So you're saying obama is not supported by a SuperPac?

I'm not partisan per-say because I am not a anyone but obama person. So you're saying obama is not supported by a SuperPac?

I don't know and I don't care. I want them all stopped. Money in our political elections is one of our biggest obstacles to a transparent and less corruptible government. I am for Publicly funded elections...all candidates with a level field.... let the best ideas win.

I don't know and I don't care. I want them all stopped. Money in our political elections is one of our biggest obstacles to a transparent and less corruptible government. I am for Publicly funded elections...all candidates with a level field.... let the best ideas win.

It's not a secret about obama yes he is.
Super PACs | OpenSecrets

So if you kill the super pacs it would hurt obama.

It's not a secret about obama yes he is.
Super PACs | OpenSecrets

So if you kill the super pacs it would hurt obama.

Ahhh... but if it would hurt all candidates equally, who's it really hurting? You see, Conservatives have a tendency to think that when progressives talk about campaign reform, we are talking about hurting the GOP and bolstering the Dems. I assure you that's not the case.

What our issue is that our Political system is such that corruption is inherent in it. A candidate HAS to whore him/herself out to monied interests in order to raise enough money to finance their campaigns. Those monied interests inevitably call in those chips once a candidate is elected. I am talking about Corporate Donations, Union donations, these cryptic anonymous SuperPacs with dubious names like "Americans for Prosperity" and "AmericanLP". Furthermore, those SuperPacs are completely anonymous. No one knows where that money is coming from. Who's to say that some Communists from the other side of the world aren't funding Obama's campaign... who's to say that Middle Eastern Oil interests aren't funding a GOP candidate's campaign because they know that a GOP candidate will be more "oil friendly"?

It opens up a whole can of worms that we don't need. No. I still say the best way to go is Publicly funded elections with equal assets for the candidates... let the best ideas win with the voters.

Forum List

Back