Free Robots: Planet Deformity

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This thread is about a very intriguing but potentially incendiary philosophical model of A.I. (Artificial Intelligence).

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein was about the intellectual and moral dangers of tampering with nature and life and set the tone for various science-paranoia storytelling works such as The Terminator and Jurassic Park.

If scientists are able to synthetically 're-create' the human brain with computer chips and wires engineered to mirror/mimic the layered schema of the human mind, we could *hypothetically* create a new 'brand' of intelligence.

Would this intelligent 'creature' (robots) wish to serve or befriend its (his/her) human creator?

If human beings intellectually revel in the notion that free will affords them the right to entertain the 'logical motility' of Atheism, then certainly a hypothetical A.I. species created by human beings would revel in the notion that they too could entertain the 'logistical motility' (at least) of Atheism (perhaps they would call it 'Unhumanity' instead of 'Atheism'!).

However, there is no guarantee that this A.I. species would entertain free will notions of Atheism peacefully. They could resort to violence, terrorism, and even nuclear war to usurp their human masters. After all, didn't humanity 'rebel' against their 'hypothetical' all-knowing Creator God by creating industrialization-related manmade eco-pollution?

Imagine therefore that a modern-day sociologist-philosopher suggests (sarcastically perhaps) that to deal with the new age problem of racism, governments should require a certain percentage of their citizens to forge biracial marriages or adopt biracial children. While such a 'modest proposal' would seem politically 'wise,' it would certainly also be deemed as a fascist mandate.

In creating A.I., would human scientists be rightly pensive/conscious of the ethical complications involved with
ruling over a created species that desires to be ruled?

====

GOD: Robots would seek too much efficiency.
SCIENTIST: There's no such thing as 'too much' efficiency.
GOD: Of course there is --- Fascism.
SCIENTIST: What if the citizens of a Fascist State need leadership?
GOD: Condoning fascism or electing fascist leaders creates democracy.
SCIENTIST: Democracy and free will create crime.
GOD: Harsh punishment is the only solution for crime.
SCIENTIST: We could create 'public images' (e.g., art) of deformity rather than inflicting pain.

====

Frankenstein:

Frankenstein - Wikipedia

bride2.jpg

The A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) fantasy-adventure franchise Transformers (Hasbro), which includes animated shows, toys, and full-length Hollywood (USA) films, presents stories about heroic robots called Autobots contending with evil robots called Decepticons for dominion on Earth and elsewhere in the universe.

One Autobot is Omega Supreme, a giant super-soldier robot who transforms into a space-shuttle launching-station, which the other Autobots use to travel to and from Earth.

Omega Supreme signifies our modern age fascination with characterizing prioritized intelligence (or science research), and marketing such an 'avatar' reflects our interest in goal-geared Hollywood (USA) films such as Transformers: Dark of the Moon and Avatar.

We haven't invented A.I. yet, and 'robot avatars' symbolize a continuing curiosity about 'consciousness-alteration' subjects/concepts such as time-travel, human cloning, and lifespan extension.

====

OMEGA SUPREME: You are my undisputed Autobot leader!
OPTIMUS PRIME: You are a valuable asset to our team.
OMEGA SUPREME: I fear the Decepticons are planning a surprise-attack.
OPTIMUS PRIME: You should transform into the shuttle-base, so I can visit Cybertron.
OMEGA SUPREME: I still have repairs to do, so the launch may be risky.
OPTIMUS PRIME: We're in 'ready-mode.'
OMEGA SUPREME: If we fail, Cybertron will become deformed.
OPTIMUS PRIME: We'll become energy-hoarding slaves.

====

Omega Supreme (Transformers Wiki)

os3.jpg

os2.jpg

Audio

Looking at audio qualities of modern age pop culture and pulp-fiction art avatars such as Ruckus (Marvel Comics) and Eject (Transformers - Hasbro) reveals some interesting new age social consciousness regarding the 'metaphysical translation' of sensory domains.

When we listen to recorded talk, we have a 'snapshot' of time frozen in space, which is something cavemen did not have...

What is the relationship between audio and virtual reality?

====

EJECT: Communications are the hallmark of modern governance.
LASERBEAK: Internet hackers create interference.
EJECT: There is a way to improve 'bureaucratic grammar.'
LASERBEAK: You can commercialize intelligence.
EJECT: What do you think of Wal-Mart?
LASERBEAK: Streamlined shopping.
EJECT: What do you think of CNN.com?
LASERBEAK: Convenience of modernism.
EJECT: I like the RadioShack business chain (USA).
LASERBEAK: USA will be terrorized by ISIS.
EJECT: The United Nations will save the day...
LASERBEAK: Who will hype NATO?
EJECT: The modern consumer...
LASERBEAK: Taxation!
EJECT: Volume/amplitude gauges attention.
LASERBEAK: Static interference is comedy for robots.

====

Eject (Transformers Wiki)

robotics.jpg

eject2.jpg

Forum List

Back