Free Power From Freeways?

China Is Testing Roads Paved With Solar Panels

Great idea. Putting solar cells where they'll get run over, dirty, oily, that won't degrade their performance.

Free Power

Solar roads are also more expensive than asphalt. It costs about $120 a square meter, or about $11 a square foot, to resurface and repair an asphalt road each decade. By comparison, Pavenergy and Colas hope to be able to bring the cost of a solar road to $310 to $460 a square meter with mass production.

Free? LOL!

And when your paid for the energy the solar road produces?

It still won't be free.

It is for those that pay for the road.

They're hoping to bring the cost down to $310/square meter.

That's not free power.

The cost is paid by those that buy power.
I thought you said it was free

If people pay for it it is not free

It still won't be free.

That's not free power.

If people pay for it, it is not free

A local gas station/convenience store recently installed solar panels on half their roof.
The solar panels where all put on the NORTH FACING side of the roof!!!!!!!!!
I wondered what the former employees of that huge failed solar panel manufacturer were doing for a living.

What I produce and don't use is sold back to the grid reducing my bill to close to zero.

Doesn't answer the question.

Sure it does. You sell energy to maintain the roadway.

Maintain? You haven't even repaid the cost of the road.

How do you know?

Math.

Show us your work!

It still won't be free.

That's not free power.

When did I write it was free?

A local gas station/convenience store recently installed solar panels on half their roof.
I wondered what the former employees of that huge failed solar panel manufacturer were doing for a living.

In Australia?

It still won't be free.

That's not free power.

Free Power From Freeways?

It still won't be free.

That's not free power.

Gee only in the title of the thread

I heard that solar panel companies are giving away entire solar power grids to anyone who wants them..........Free shipping.......Free installation..........

It's all Free folks................

I would laugh. Except that I have panels for warming water for a swimming pool. On the north facing roof. On first use, the previous owners left the pumps on all weekend on a sunny March weekend. When they got back, the pool was too warm to use. The pool measures 16X24, and is 7 foot deep.

I heard that solar panel companies are giving away entire solar power grids to anyone who wants them..........Free shipping.......Free installation..........

It's all Free folks................

LOL And you think that you are such a smart fart.

By your own logic.............then oil, coal, natural gas, are free as well...........Problem is I don't live in the delusional world of Liberalism...........

Free Power From Freeways? China Is Testing Roads Paved With Solar Panels

Free Power From Freeways? China Is Testing Roads Paved With Solar Panels

Because roads run through and around cities, the electricity could be used practically next door to where it is generated. That means virtually no power would be lost in transmission, as can happen with projects in outlying locations. And the land is essentially free, because roads are needed anyway. Roads must be resurfaced every few years at great cost, so the installation of durable solar panels could reduce the price of maintenance.

Very cool idea!
So you really believe solar panels are stronger than concrete and asphalt and can survive huge temperature swings. Of course all the oil and dirt dripping on the road will not diminish their effectiveness. And I am sure the surface will not be more slippery and dangerous when it rains. And of course roads will be cheaper to build. You can’t fix stupid.

New Topics

Forum List

Back