Free Operation's Manual

Shrimpbox

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
At some point conservatives have to stop identifying stupidity amongst the Republican Party and create a set of directions for these idiots to,follow. I do not know what other viable options we have.

Gov. Pence is exhibit one this week. The possible presidential candidate was played by the media and made to look like a fool. Here's what you should have done and what you should always do.

1. BE PREPARED! Did you like the way you were back pedaling as fast as you can on national tv?

2. If you are conservative you will be attacked and viciously attacked ALL THE TIME. Be ready!

3. All the mainstream media interviewers show their true colors in interviews. Challenge them on their objectivity.

4. If you believe in something be ready to support it fully. Even the uninformed voter can smell insincerity.

5. Be firm in your beliefs at the same time you have an open mind. That is not mutually exclusive.

Did you catch this interview on one of the Sunday shows?

George: governor your state is accused of passing a law that discriminates against gays.

Mike: that is absolutely false. This law allows a legal pathway for people who believe their religious convictions are being violated, a guarantee that they have a chance for their day in court. This is not a law that institutionalizes discrimination in our great state. It is basically the same law that 18 other states have enacted, that the federal govt passed in 1993, introduced by Sen Shumer and signed by pres Clinton.

George: Your state is under enormous pressure from businesses, the NCAA, and even politicians in other states. Are you prepared for these financial hits.

Mike: George this is all a political creation. People are being bused into my state by political operatives to stage demonstrations that only serve to divide people with hateful rhetoric. This is really a preview of the Democratic Party play book for 2016. The people protesting this law are ignorant of the facts. In fact they are just mobs ginned up by activists who are misleading the public. As far as businesses go, I believe Apple has weighed in on this. Did you know that Tim Cook and Apple have just opened a plant in Saidi Arabia where a man two weeks ago was sentenced to 450 lashes for being gay. Calling that company hypocrites is an understatement. And take gov cuomo in New York stopping all New York State business with Indiana. Is this really a grown up way to deal with problems? So shall we further spread divisiveness across the country by using state executive orders to engage in the persecution of the people of Indiana because of the personal feelings of another states gov. Where is this kind of action leading us, certainly not to better understanding and comity across the land. Let me repeat again for the whole nation, no one is being persecuted, whether gay or Christian, and no one will be persecuted because of this law.

George: Can you say without qualification that no one will be allowed to discriminate against gay couples in Indiana? Can you? Can you? CAN YOU??????

Mike: George what I can tell you is that I can't stop anyone from discriminating. But if someone does discriminate for any reason and they are sued the case will go to court and the defendent will have a chance to explain their actions, I hope you would think that is fair George but I have to wonder are you interviewing me today as a journalist or as an advocate, because you seem to have lost your objectivity with that last emotional outburst.

George: well gov I am interviewing you, not the other way around. So to sum up, are you promising there will be no sexual discrimination in Indiana?

Mike: I can promise the citizens of my state this, if there is any kind of discrimination in my state I will work tirelessly to eliminate it. I will also work tirelessly to eliminate any demagoguery in my state. Thank you for having me today.

Most of the social conservative's problems stem from the fact that they are entirely reactionary, never think about the consequences of their actions and cannot justify them as beneficial to the community at large. Time and again we see these laws they put out blow up in their faces and they are always so shocked and unprepared, clearly they did not think of the aftermath.

Occupied who is reactionary? Dems have a rapid deployment force ready to descend to any venue on a moments notice. Operatives are on speed dial from gay business execs in Hollywood. Democratic pols run over each other trying to get exposure for their forced indignation.. And repubs could take lessons from,the dems on this by mobilizing their own businesses and money to be available for such occasions. Most conservatives pay more attention to their jobs than their politics, but as we can see that is a recipe for impotence. Our standard bearers cannot be counted on to carry the torch.

But O is right. Too often repubs go back to the same well of gun control, abortion, and religion without understanding that the base already knows they have our back. It is time to branch out, take the offensive, and show others we can walk and chew gum at the same time. But new leadership is mandatory. Young, brash, and bright are the requirements. People to connect with more than just the over 50 crowd. Turn the page.

Forum List

Back