Free marketeer admits regulation is key

greed is AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHERS....

Wanting to be successful in ones business or career for the most part, does NOT involve greed.

Wanting to be successful in ones business or career for the most part, does NOT involve greed.

Sez you.
Greed is the desire for money. Look it up in the dictionary. People who think they will get more money by screwing others rather than doing it honestly are right in the short term and wrong in the long term. How much money does Bernard Madoff have now?

Well, I am no Bernanke fan or cheerleader, but I did watch him on C-span this week giving a presentation of why the analysis SAYS that the Feds and their monetary policy was NOT the primary cause for the housing boom....and the figures do not lie. He matched up Fed policy/ interest rates with where the industry began to boom and peaked in MBS's and showed how this was manufactured by the mortgage companies, and the banks, and the the ratings agencies without any true relation to the Fed's interest rates. Look for it at C-span or maybe at you tube....? It was a very interesting presentation with charts etc...
Did you believe Charlie Manson when he said that the Tate and La Bianca murders weren't his fault?

Well, I am no Bernanke fan or cheerleader, but I did watch him on C-span this week giving a presentation of why the analysis SAYS that the Feds and their monetary policy was NOT the primary cause for the housing boom....and the figures do not lie. He matched up Fed policy/ interest rates with where the industry began to boom and peaked in MBS's and showed how this was manufactured by the mortgage companies, and the banks, and the the ratings agencies without any true relation to the Fed's interest rates. Look for it at C-span or maybe at you tube....? It was a very interesting presentation with charts etc...
Did you believe Charlie Manson when he said that the Tate and La Bianca murders weren't his fault?

I wouldn't disregard what he showed, without viewing it Dude....that's too partisan and closed minded, no? ;)

Sez you.
Greed is the desire for money. Look it up in the dictionary. People who think they will get more money by screwing others rather than doing it honestly are right in the short term and wrong in the long term. How much money does Bernard Madoff have now?

NOT says me...this is what Merriam Webster says....;)

I watched Greenspan blow smoke numerous times while I was learning NLP, to learn how purposefully nebulous language is used in actual reality....I'm certain that nobody on the House Banking Committee (other than Dr. Paul, who always seemed to have some very pointed redirect questions) had any idea what he was saying at any given time.

That said, there's nothing the much less erudite Bernanke could say that I haven't already heard and parsed eight ways from Sunday....There are only so many ways that you can rephrase "we're just guessing and hoping that the whole scheme doesn't cave in on our watch".

unfettered markets create a boom and bust cycle that ruins most peoples chances of ever getting ahead.

Take a look at the history of recessions in this country.

15 to 30+ percent swings in the market nearly every other year.

Once we regulated the banking industry with Glass Steagal you had decades of single digit change.

Soon after its repeal you get the biggest recession since the GD.

Regulation is the only way to make the market work for the humans who live in the system.

I wouldn't disregard what he showed, without viewing it Dude....that's too partisan and closed minded, no? ;)

care, FED abolitionists dont want to learn anything about how things work. they just want to abolish the fed, for better or worse.

Remember how free market capitalistas used to tout Ireland as some City of Gold example of how great a free market system is?

WHOOPSY! Anything sound familiar?

House prices are down 50 percent and falling, unemployment is at 12.7 percent and rising, the gross national product has dropped by 11.3 percent in the past year and is still falling.

Irish eyes aren’t smiling on the Emerald Isle - The Boston Globe

Who ever said free markets were perfect and housing prices should never fall?

Look over THERE! It's the fabled Free Market JACKALOPE running into the bushes again!

:rolleyes:

I watched Greenspan blow smoke numerous times while I was learning NLP, to learn how purposefully nebulous language is used in actual reality....I'm certain that nobody on the House Banking Committee (other than Dr. Paul, who always seemed to have some very pointed redirect questions) had any idea what he was saying at any given time.

That said, there's nothing the much less erudite Bernanke could say that I haven't already heard and parsed eight ways from Sunday....There are only so many ways that you can rephrase "we're just guessing and hoping that the whole scheme doesn't cave in on our watch".
So Bernanke is a Republican, but not a true conservative, a believer in small government, with less regulation? Why did President Bush appoint him then? Is Ron Paul the only true conservative in Congress out of all the republicans?

I am not discounting the affect of the Federal reserve in this mess, but the numbers shown, did support his stance....were the numbers manipulated? Maybe....can't say for certain.

Who ever said free markets were perfect and housing prices should never fall?

Look over THERE! It's the fabled Free Market JACKALOPE running into the bushes again!

:rolleyes:
I'll score that one as "nobody ever said that markets were perfect or that housing prices would never decline". :lol:

You can "score" it however you need to. Hell, given how you "score" the failures of FMC we should see the line forming behind you any minute now. aaaaany minute now. NOW. Ok, we'll wait.

:thup:

The FACT remains that Ireland is seeing the same type of failures we've been stuck with after swallowing your rotton carrot like a starving pack animal. Crying that no one ever said houses would decline in price after acting like FMC has the biggest cock on the economic theory list is just farcical this side of EVIDENCE. Greenspan found out what you refuse to admit too. That is why your kind threw him under the bus on your way to jumping the economic shark.

So Bernanke is a Republican, but not a true conservative, a believer in small government, with less regulation? Why did President Bush appoint him then? Is Ron Paul the only true conservative in Congress out of all the republicans?

I am not discounting the affect of the Federal reserve in this mess, but the numbers shown, did support his stance....were the numbers manipulated? Maybe....can't say for certain.
Bernanke is merely a front man for the Fed and toady to the incomprehensibly wealthy east coast bankster elite. That's the job the Shrub appointed him to do, notwithstanding his politics.

Personally, I don't believe the numbers for anything from anyone who refuses to refuses to be audited. In this case the figures could be, and probably are, reverse engineered.

Bush wasn't a conservative either. That's why he apponted Bernanke.
But what does that have to do with anything?
I don't think there is a major economist who does not believe that the Fed screwed up, keeping rates too low for too long and causing a bubble in housing and commodities.

ATLANTA - Regulatory failure, not low interest rates, was responsible for the housing bubble and subsequent financial crisis of the last decade, Ben S. Bernanke, the Federal Reserve chairman, said in a speech on Sunday.
Mr. Bernanke's remarks, perhaps his strongest language yet assessing the roots of the financial
oops...
because____(fill in the blank)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I already know what the lunatic, fringe Free Market purists are going to say about Bernanke. He ain't free marketeer because____(fill in the blank).

The loony tunes Commie purists say the same thing about Mao, Stalin, Lenin...not really Communists because____(fill in the blank)
Bernake's a Keynesian idiot repeating the mistakes he studied so well. Got too close to his research material.

Secondly, The free market works best where there is SOME regulation to establish standards and foundations of trade and trust. Without trust there can be no trade. Without trade, there is no market and the fundamentals have always needed a certain level of regulation.

Where regulation has fallen apart is the passing of draconian interfering regulations in the function of the market, preventing it from operating smoothly. You want to protect from fraud, unsafe products and dishonesty. You need to prosecute criminals and stay out of the way of successful business.

You don't regulate prices, or how business writes contracts unless they are dishonest or fraudulant or put undue risk on the public. You don't command people buy a product or tell an industry who they can sell to and how. These things create shortages and lack in the system.

Now I know this is hard to believe, but you've just gone to prove the point once again, liberals just don't understand Free Market Capitalism.

As id to prove it I expect the next post refuting what you say to be full of why regulation is a good thing.
Transparency and rule of law are the only regulation needed.

Forum List

Back