Free Market and liberty don't work

Wow... This man needs to go. It worked under Harding and Coolidge, too bad FDR didn't do it, maybe that would have prevented people starving in the streets for 12 years until finally someone cut regulations, cut spending and cut taxes.

It is truly safe to say Obama is anti American, anti freedom and truly hates the constitution. Obama has been a very dangerous President, worst than Bush but not much worse… seeing as their policies are almost identical, Obama simply took many of them a step further.

Anyone wana tell me the last time Government cut spending on a meaningful level? How about cut regulations on a meaningful level?

Instead we get to hear about the tax cuts the rich got, but ignore the tax cuts the middle class got. Ignore the near 0 taxes the poor pay, ignore the welfare the poor suck up... Instead we hear about a single deregulation under Clinton that somehow transfers over to being Bush II's fault despite Clinton enjoying 2 bubbles during his time as President.

How many times does overregulation, overspending and old ideas that have failed the world over and over again have to be tried before some people learn it simply will never work in the long run?

What makes even worse is that not only is he basically saying that what made this nation great in the first place doesn't work, he's also lying thew his teeth when he claims these things currently don't work.

No shit they don't currently work. Because we dont have a market or capitalism. We have a highly manipulated market equipped with corporatism that have put other nations to shame in how severe they regulate and subsidize in favor of govt. pet corps in all industry.

So he's ignorant, anti-american and a liar to boot.

Wow... This man needs to go. It worked under Harding and Coolidge, too bad FDR didn't do it, maybe that would have prevented people starving in the streets for 12 years until finally someone cut regulations, cut spending and cut taxes.

"President Harding convened the Conference of Unemployment in 1921 - headed by Secretary of Commerce Herbert Hoover - that proactively advocated stimulating the economy with local public work projects and encouraged businesses to apply shared work programs

It is truly safe to say Obama is anti American, anti freedom and truly hates the constitution. Obama has been a very dangerous President, worst than Bush but not much worse… seeing as their policies are almost identical, Obama simply took many of them a step further.

Of course this is your opinion, based on ... your opinion.

Anyone wana tell me the last time Government cut spending on a meaningful level? How about cut regulations on a meaningful level?

Instead we get to hear about the tax cuts the rich got, but ignore the tax cuts the middle class got. Ignore the near 0 taxes the poor pay, ignore the welfare the poor suck up... Instead we hear about a single deregulation under Clinton that somehow transfers over to being Bush II's fault despite Clinton enjoying 2 bubbles during his time as President.

I get it, your bitter. Work hard and maybe you'll make something of yourself. It is all about personal responsibiity (don't you read the RW talking points?)

How many times does overregulation, overspending and old ideas that have failed the world over and over again have to be tried before some people learn it simply will never work in the long run?

Well now, isn't Romney advocating the same old things, see the caption below?

What makes even worse is that not only is he basically saying that what made this nation great in the first place doesn't work, he's also lying thew his teeth when he claims these things currently don't work.

No shit they don't currently work. Because we dont have a market or capitalism. We have a highly manipulated market equipped with corporatism that have put other nations to shame in how severe they regulate and subsidize in favor of govt. pet corps in all industry.

I think the only point you made is that you're a partisan hack (and likely a racist).

You want Romeny and aq Reagan redux? See below, and actually think about what you want.

Avory, un-interesting rant totally devoid of any proof. Vacuous stuff.

Rshermr says:
Starving in the streets, you may have noticed, was the result of Hoover, who watched unemployment rise from 5 to over 25 percent, while he did NOTHING. Then, yes indeed, there was starving in the streets. By the way, has not been an issue since the Roosevelt admin got social security and unemployment compensation passed. Bet you had not noticed.

Rshermr says:
Sounds a lot like a true tea party tool. Complete nonsense. Just more dogma.

Anyone wana tell me the last time Government cut spending on a meaningful level?
Rshermr says:
Easy. Reagan, in his first 18 months. Caused unemployment to rise to around 11% and the deficit shot through the roof. He then he was forced to raise taxes 11 times, and borrow more than all the presidents before him. Trippled the national debt. Spent like a drunken soldier (STIMULUS). So, cutting spending in a big way is essentially a bad idea, unless you have a really good economy. Then it is a good idea.

How about cut regulations on a meaningful level?
Rshermr says:
Yup, the gramm leach bliley act of 1999. Killed the Glass-Steagall act, and led to the great republican recession of 2007.

Instead we get to hear about the tax cuts the rich got, but ignore the tax cuts the middle class got. Rshermr says: Who is ignoring what? Maybe you have your fingers stuck in your ears. The middle class and lower tax cuts were spent. That’s normal. The wealth did not spend much of theirs. That’s normal. And that, me girl ivory, is just the way it works. The logic is obvious to those with open minds.

Ignore the near 0 taxes the poor pay, ignore the welfare the poor suck up... Instead we hear about a single deregulation under Clinton that somehow transfers over to being Bush II's fault despite Clinton enjoying 2 bubbles during his time as President.
Rshermr says: Drivel. Tea Party Dogma. I would be willing to bet big bucks that if Clinton were a republican, you would be singing the virtue of the last pres with a great economy and a deficit pissed away by his republican successor, who drove the economy into the ground.
by the way, the Clinton deregulation, as I mentioned above, was not his idea, but he did go along with it, and he did try to verbally defend it. So, Ivory, you can give the repubs primary credit for the deregulation.

Rshermr says:
Your heroe, Reagan, believed those old ideas would work. His great idea of decreasing taxes and spending clobbered him. But if you have an actual example, lets see it. In the interim, I will just continue to think of you as a tea party tool with totally vacuous arguments.
Try for a little more profound arguments next time. These were hardly worth addressing.

Last edited:

I think the only point you made is that you're a partisan hack (and likely a racist).

You want Romeny and aq Reagan redux? See below, and actually think about what you want.
Wry, PLEASE!!!!!
Don't expect TakeAStepBack to "actually think"? Fat chance.

The private sector is so alien to Obama he needs a passport to get there and interpreter when he arrives.

Yeah, Barry. It does work Letting people conduct business as they want works.

Wry, PLEASE!!!!!

The point I make is that he's ignorant, anti-american and liar.

Im not a partisan hack either. That would be you two morons that can not say anything bad about your dear leader even as he attacks in open the fundamentals of our country.

I'll bet you two turds actually believe we have capitalism too. :cuckoo:

Wry, PLEASE!!!!!

The point I make is that he's ignorant, anti-american and liar.

Im not a partisan hack either. That would be you two morons that can not say anything bad about your dear leader even as he attacks in open the fundamentals of our country.

I'll bet you two turds actually believe we have capitalism too. :cuckoo:
I can indeed say bad things about obama. However, I can say good things about any pres, but you are unable to. You simply make vacuous statements. And through insults. Sad state you are in.

Typical LOLberal. Change the subject from the presidents anti-american sentiment to my inability to say something nice about the guy. Predictable as it gets.

So, back to the presidents statement. He's an anti american, ignorant liar.

What he doesn't get is the modern free market worked fine until the government starting trying to manipulate it from the 1980's - on.
Modern free market would be the economy from the 1950's on. By this time gross underpayment for labor, benefits, workplace safety etc. etc. had improved greatly.
By the time the 80's came around - the government slashed credit ratings, created sudo-government agencies to control the mortgage industry, created windfall "money out of the sky" for the markets called "401k". Created false demand for housing and education...indeed, it was the corruption and manipulation by the government that created what we see today.

Likely a racist? Where in any of that did something indicate racism?

He doesn't know. They just lob that out there when they can not defend the presidents actions or bad mouthing of american principles. It wasn't the first time, and it wont be the last.

It's teh default setting for the Boiking's butt brigade, who have no cogent reply to any given topic now....Gonna be a looong campaign season. :lol:

It's teh default setting for the Boiking's butt brigade, who have no cogent reply to any given topic now....Gonna be a looong campaign season. :lol:

I know, but somehow it still surprises me that people still openly resort to it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back