free internet advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommywho70x

Rookie
Apr 15, 2010
i've noticed that the quickest way to get oneself banned from this and other forums is to post something linked to your business.

i have fun and learn a lot in these forums but frankly i need to spend some of my time drumming up business. my family sells power management equipment for managed information systems and the recession has hit us hard.

does anybody know of a board somewhere (besides craigslist or ebay) where i can shamelessly plug our products and services?

Nope, but you can PM me if you want to discuss how you can raise your company's profile for free. I'm feeling kind - that may not last long so be quick.

Blasting your message out won't do you much good and probably in the long run will hurt you. Look into permission-based marketing approaches. It's much better to target a small receptive audience than piss off a multitude with unwanted spam.

• Banned
Blasting your message out won't do you much good and probably in the long run will hurt you. Look into permission-based marketing approaches. It's much better to target a small receptive audience than piss off a multitude with unwanted spam.

preaching to the choir on that one, ma'am.

actually i'm not a salesman but a technician on a sales and service team for a very highly specialized product that has almost no application in the general marketplace, rather being capital IT Equipment for medium to large businesses.

i'm trolling the internet looking for leads for the sales people, namely dad. ideally i'd like to find a board that caters to tech discussions and allows shameless plugs.

actually i'm not a salesman but a technician on a sales and service team for a very highly specialized product that has almost no application in the general marketplace, rather being capital IT Equipment for medium to large businesses.

i'm trolling the internet looking for leads for the sales people, namely dad. ideally i'd like to find a board that caters to tech discussions and allows shameless plugs.
PM Gunny. Maybe he'll open up and advertisement forum.

:lol:

• Banned

i've already communicated with gunny on this in a thread that he closed when i posted a hyperlink to our company homepage.

there have been at least two advertising posts since
then that resulted in the posters getting banned.

i don't want to rock the boat here

... but ...

i've been around the internet longer than al gore and it gets harder and harder every year to find an interactive board that lets you market yourself or cut invoices online without paying heavy overhead.

so, old ugly cur, you make two who wouldn't oppose such a specialized forum being built into usmb, can we call your suggestion a new RFC?

Why not just design your own website, then figure out how to keep it on the first page of Google and Bing?

i've noticed that the quickest way to get oneself banned from this and other forums is to post something linked to your business.

i have fun and learn a lot in these forums but frankly i need to spend some of my time drumming up business. my family sells power management equipment for managed information systems and the recession has hit us hard.

does anybody know of a board somewhere (besides craigslist or ebay) where i can shamelessly plug our products and services?

You pay to advertise in every other facet of life. Nothing's free. You want to advertise for a fee, I can hook you up. Otherwise, it's a no go here.

• Banned

Why not just design your own website, then figure out how to keep it on the first page of Google and Bing?

not my job. there is a web page but the product is not one that has any use for people in the target audience of advertisers pushing general merchandise.

i am hoping to find discussions of IT Equipment buyers and network designers that i can enter pushing our power protection equipment or someplace that i can post technical articles about what the equipment does to generate leads for my dad.

You pay to advertise in every other facet of life. Nothing's free. You want to advertise for a fee, I can hook you up. Otherwise, it's a no go here.

as you should be able see from my other responses, this is not a situation where i am trying to advertise. i'm trying to hound dog leads. i want to be able to direct people who are discussing this sort of equipment or systems that use it to our web page. if that's not something that can happen here, it's okay, this forum is fine the way it is.

the advertising you speak of may be useful in other areas for me and mine. is there a fee schedule or something you can post or pop me?

i've already communicated with gunny on this in a thread that he closed when i posted a hyperlink to our company homepage.

... but ...

i've been around the internet longer than al gore and it gets harder and harder every year to find an interactive board that lets you market yourself or cut invoices online without paying heavy overhead.

so, old ugly cur, you make two who wouldn't oppose such a specialized forum being built into usmb, can we call your suggestion a new RFC?
I am not ugly. I am not a cur. I am a beautiful dawg! Fuck you...and whatever business you are promoting.

... but ...

I am not ugly. I am not a cur. I am a beautiful dawg! Fuck you...and whatever business you are promoting.
oh my bad.

i got the impression from a previous exchange that you were proud and nasty old dog with a sense of humor. i must have been mistaken about the sense of humor. please forgive the sleight

... but ...

I think I made USMB's position clear. As of yet, I have not received a PM with any request such as you describe. You just want to create threads and play victim.

There's a proper procedure. Use it. However, I will reiterate the fact you will NOT advertise for free on this board. It's real easy to find an interactive message board that lets you market yourself. Start your own.

No one was banned on this board for whatever reason you are trying to claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back