Free horse...

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
I got a shout out from a friend who says she's got a free horse for someone willing to ship. She says he's sound, and she's a family friend I believe and trust (I got my mare from her). Half morgan, half mustang, probably not terribly lovable...and 8 y.o. girl has been riding him, but he walks too fast and has her intimidated.

13.2-13.3 hands high, he's in Eastern Oregon. If nobody takes him I will, I'll put my girl on her, she's fearless and we like fast walking horses.

She said he'd make a great pack horse. 11 y.o.

She needs to know by Friday which means I need to know by tomorrow. Otherwise I'm taking him.

E-mail me, [email protected] pronto if you want him. I imagine he's fine for anyone to ride, provided you don't want a dead head pokey horse to ride, she's riding walkers these days and if she says he has a fast walk, he probably walks faster than most horses lope.

Could be a good opportunity for someone who wants a smaller, tough horse.

I got a shout out from a friend who says she's got a free horse for someone willing to ship. She says he's sound, and she's a family friend I believe and trust (I got my mare from her). Half morgan, half mustang, probably not terribly lovable...and 8 y.o. girl has been riding him, but he walks too fast and has her intimidated.

13.2-13.3 hands high, he's in Eastern Oregon. If nobody takes him I will, I'll put my girl on her, she's fearless and we like fast walking horses.

She said he'd make a great pack horse. 11 y.o.

She needs to know by Friday which means I need to know by tomorrow. Otherwise I'm taking him.

E-mail me, [email protected] pronto if you want him. I imagine he's fine for anyone to ride, provided you don't want a dead head pokey horse to ride, she's riding walkers these days and if she says he has a fast walk, he probably walks faster than most horses lope.

Could be a good opportunity for someone who wants a smaller, tough horse.
I we were not so far away I'd say he could have a home here:(

• Banned
He's not a rescue. I'm assuming he's going to a sale on Saturday, but he's not been abused or neglected to my knowledge.

He'll find a home. Like I said, I'll take him if I can't find someone with him. He can hang out with my mares, get fed a shitload of expensive feed and never get ridden. That seems to be my hobby these days. I could probably give him to teh Pastor's daughter. Or give them my mare Purdy and keep him. It'll work out.

BTW, shipping isn't as expensive as it used to be....

Mmm, free meal. :eusa_drool:

Seriously though, sounds like a great horse. I'm sure she'll have a great home wherever she goes.

Forum List

Back