Free Credit Report Site?

I heard it's free to pull yours like 1 or 2 times a year, but some of the sites I find want credit card info.

Is there a free score site that does NOT REQUIRE CREDIT CARD INFO?

No.

I've looked and they all demand this info IF you want your CREDIT SCORE.

Ergo, calling this information FREE is a half truth (read: lie) by omission.

Corporate business as usual, eh?

Last edited:
I heard it's free to pull yours like 1 or 2 times a year, but some of the sites I find want credit card info.

Is there a free score site that does NOT REQUIRE CREDIT CARD INFO?

No.

I've looked and they all demand this info IF you want your CREDIT SCORE.

Ergo, calling this information FREE is a half truth (read: lie) by omission.

Corporate business as usual, eh?

The two sites I mentioned do give you your actual "score" for free. The difference is it's only 1 score from 1 credit reporting company.

Quizzle does experian I think, and CreditKarma does TransUnion. I don't know how to get the actual "score" from Equifax. Only thing you can get from them is the report, AFAIK, and not the score.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

It's the only site actually maintained by the credit monitoring agencies themselves. All the others find some excuse to charge you a fee. This one requires you to fill out oodles of paperwork, but is otherwise reliable and free.

---

Putting your SS online is far safer than over-the-phone, as fewer humans are involved with the process, and anything you do in-person or over-the-phone is entered into the computer networks, anyways. Besides, odds are some dumbass government intern already leaked your SS number by choosing an idiotic password or leaving your paperwork in a public place:

State employee posts Social Security numbers on website

Veterans Affairs warns of massive privacy breach

Last edited:

Forum List

Back