Free contraception passes despite heated religious opposition

Married women can't keep their legs shut? Whether it's marital recreational sex or just plain recreational sex, the responsibility is YOURS and YOURS alone. You disagree?
If you ever get married I hope your wife refuses to have "recreational" sex with you. :lmao:

Funny, it has now just dawned on me that, dispite replying to you a number of times, you have read zero of my posts in this thread. My wife is from the Philippines (See here http://www.usmessageboard.com/6579989-post39.html ). Of course, that pretty much means that I am laughing at your argument about Filipino maternity (See above this post).

But, they passed a law! Laws always make things better.

The arrogance of some people is so all encompassing that they cannot imagine that anything they think will work might not work everywhere. I was in the Philippines before we pulled our bases out, condoms were really easy to get even back then. The reason no one used them was that they were all Catholic and thought it was a sin, not because they were expensive.

If you ever get married I hope your wife refuses to have "recreational" sex with you. :lmao:

Funny, it has now just dawned on me that, dispite replying to you a number of times, you have read zero of my posts in this thread. My wife is from the Philippines (See here http://www.usmessageboard.com/6579989-post39.html ). Of course, that pretty much means that I am laughing at your argument about Filipino maternity (See above this post).

The arrogance of some people is so all encompassing that they cannot imagine that anything they think will work might not work everywhere. I was in the Philippines before we pulled our bases out, condoms were really easy to get even back then. The reason no one used them was that they were all Catholic and thought it was a sin, not because they were expensive.

BBC News - Fierce debate over Philippine contraception bill

A pack of condoms= 1 weeks worth of food

I see you didn't read my post, how unsurprising.

Did you also want me to post an article talking about how difficult birth control is to get in some areas?

The articles I've linked also talk about the populations slow movement away from the Catholic church when it comes to BC. 10 years ago this bill couldn't get traction because most of the people agreed with the church that BC is a sin, now it's passed, because people are deciding that family planning isnt bad.

Did you also want me to post an article talking about how difficult birth control is to get in some areas?

The articles I've linked also talk about the populations slow movement away from the Catholic church when it comes to BC. 10 years ago this bill couldn't get traction because most of the people agreed with the church that BC is a sin, now it's passed, because people are deciding that family planning isnt bad.

Let me repeat the pertinent part of what I said, back when the US military maintained a presence in the Philippines condoms were easy to get your hands on. The military handed them out by the case, and they were available to anyone who wanted them. The idea was to keep STDs down among the young, dumb, and full of cum idiots that made up the majority of the enlisted ranks. Even then, they were not used because the population was mostly Catholic and viewed it as a sin. The mere availability of something is not any guarantee that it will be used.

Feel free to post another study about how expensive condoms are now, I am sure it will make you feel smarter.

So you're argument is, condoms were passed out near military bases by the US and so a bill purposing the building of health clinics in remote areas to better educate and distribute free birth control to the poor, is useless?

No, my argument is that feel good measures don't work.

Only in a liberal world would they offer condoms instead of feeding people laying in their own urine in the streets.

Only in a liberal world would they offer condoms instead of feeding people laying in their own urine in the streets.

You can't do both?

While I thinking feeding the starving is a good idea, I also think helping the poor prevent conception is an important part of working to reduce poverty. If you read the links I posted, they talk about families, married women with 10, 12 children who talk about how they would have benefited greatly from the ability to prevent conception.

You truly have no idea what you're talking about.

I know some men seem to think women have magical powers over their bodies, we can stop pregnancy with our minds and such, but in the real world, that's not how it works. Women aren't born with the knowledge of how to count your cycle, or how important it into keep track. Thats information that we learn.

Were you born with the information to keep your legs shut or did you need to learn it? Did you ever happen to think that you are the ONLY one responsible for your OWN recreational actions and I should not be forced to subsidize your open invitation to the male world?

So you're answer to massive birth rates and a huge maternal mortality rates in the Philippians is, "ladies keep your legs shut".

K.
I'd like a show of hands from conservatives, male and female, who were virgins when they married, or who are abstinent now.

Forum List

Back