Free contraception passes despite heated religious opposition

What do you NOT understand that the country already has free healthcare?

Birth control is not included and has already been pointed out by other posters, the very poor live in areas with no access to that "free healthcare"

In the Philippines, NO ONE has access to that "free healthcare" sanctioned by their constitution. It doesn't exist. THERE IS NO MONEY TO FUND IT! You have never been there have you?

I'm trying to pin down your opinion on the OP, but you seem to be all over the place.

Are you now saying, it's a good idea, but pointless because the government lacks the funds to implement it?

You truly have no idea what you're talking about.

I know some men seem to think women have magical powers over their bodies, we can stop pregnancy with our minds and such, but in the real world, that's not how it works. Women aren't born with the knowledge of how to count your cycle, or how important it into keep track. Thats information that we learn.

Were you born with the information to keep your legs shut or did you need to learn it? Did you ever happen to think that you are the ONLY one responsible for your OWN recreational actions and I should not be forced to subsidize your open invitation to the male world?
Hey, asswipe. No doubt many of these women dying in child birth or giving birth are married.

Married women can't keep their legs shut? Whether it's marital recreational sex or just plain recreational sex, the responsibility is YOURS and YOURS alone. You disagree?

Birth control is not included and has already been pointed out by other posters, the very poor live in areas with no access to that "free healthcare"

In the Philippines, NO ONE has access to that "free healthcare" sanctioned by their constitution. It doesn't exist. THERE IS NO MONEY TO FUND IT! You have never been there have you?

I'm trying to pin down your opinion on the OP, but you seem to be all over the place.

Are you now saying, it's a good idea, but pointless because the government lacks the funds to implement it?

Not only does the government lack the funds to implement it (See any other Filipino welfare program), but the people have no access to it and even if they did it would not work because most Filipinos are large poor farming families by cultural design.

Women have absolutely no idea how their bodies work. They don't know what causes pregnancy. They don't even really know why they bleed every month. They don't know what tits are. They have never figured out why some women have them and some women need plastic.

Lord save us from leftist ignorance.

I know some men seem to think women have magical powers over their bodies, we can stop pregnancy with our minds and such, but in the real world, that's not how it works. Women aren't born with the knowledge of how to count your cycle, or how important it into keep track. Thats information that we learn.

They are known and called old wives tales. Women have been female a whole lot longer than the left thinks they have been women.

Were you born with the information to keep your legs shut or did you need to learn it? Did you ever happen to think that you are the ONLY one responsible for your OWN recreational actions and I should not be forced to subsidize your open invitation to the male world?
Hey, asswipe. No doubt many of these women dying in child birth or giving birth are married.

Married women can't keep their legs shut? Whether it's marital recreational sex or just plain recreational sex, the responsibility is YOURS and YOURS alone. You disagree?

While SOME women still die in childbirth, by far and away most women don't. It is absolute nonsense and rubbish that women need contraception to keep from dying in child birth since some women who die in childbirth wanted that child. Leftist logic is that since some women die in childbirth, child bearing should be denied to all women. Why not? It saves lives.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-2086369

The Philippians has the highest birth rate in the region, and a maternal mortality rate of 36%. You can purchase condoms, however they are too expensive for many to afford. Despite these staggering numbers, the free contraception and family planning bill took 14 years to pass, partly because of the staunch opposition the Catholic Church had taken.

I was raised and confirmed Catholic. That said the Catholic Church is like the Republican Party. The Church puts the Church over God; and the GOP puts the party over the nation.

Women have absolutely no idea how their bodies work. They don't know what causes pregnancy. They don't even really know why they bleed every month. They don't know what tits are. They have never figured out why some women have them and some women need plastic.

Lord save us from leftist ignorance.

They are known and called old wives tales. Women have been female a whole lot longer than the left thinks they have been women.

You think keeping track of your cycle is an old wives tale?

Wow. Just wow.

While SOME women still die in childbirth, by far and away most women don't. It is absolute nonsense and rubbish that women need contraception to keep from dying in child birth since some women who die in childbirth wanted that child. Leftist logic is that since some women die in childbirth, child bearing should be denied to all women. Why not? It saves lives.

And your posts in this topic get dumber by the second. Seriously, step away from the keyboard, you're embarrassing yourself.

If you ever get married I hope your wife refuses to have "recreational" sex with you. :lmao:

If you read the link you'd know they have a very high rate of mortality from child birth. No one is denying women child bearing. You get stupider by the minute.

The Philippians has the highest birth rate in the region, and a maternal mortality rate of 36%. You can purchase condoms, however they are too expensive for many to afford. Despite these staggering numbers, the free contraception and family planning bill took 14 years to pass, partly because of the staunch opposition the Catholic Church had taken.

I was raised and confirmed Catholic. That said the Catholic Church is like the Republican Party. The Church puts the Church over God; and the GOP puts the party over the nation.

Another ad-hominem post without explanation for no other purpose than to afford the mentally impaired poster the quick and unreasoned self gratification of feeling good about being a liberal. If you need to cionvince yourself with as-hominems then there is a problem.

I think the most interesting part of this story is the support the bill has. The church is very active there, you have priests and politicians saying birth control is sinful and just like having a chemical abortion and yet overwhelmingly, the country supports contraception.

If you read the link you'd know they have a very high rate of mortality from child birth. No one is denying women child bearing. You get stupider by the minute.

Yeah .... My response to the OP.

1/3rd of all Filipinos are in fact farmers who have large families to work the farm. Furthermore, Filipino culture encourages large families whose children are expected to take care of their parents when they too elderly to work.
The Philippines also have a large amount of sex tourism resulting in unwanted pregnancy despite the ability of the johns to afford condoms. In fact, many Westerners travel to the Philippines, promise the young women they meet a future of marriage, and abandon them pregnant; sometimes the women do this on purpose of course.
I have been to the Philippines, my wife is from the Philippines, and my wife wants at least 4 more children in addition to the one we have now. My in-laws pride themselves in having large families who live together and count on each other for support. In the Philippines, children are an investment.
The courting process in the Philippines, despite class or income, involve guarding the virginity of their daughters very close to the extent of relatives joining the couple in the dating process.
If you’re going to break this down to rubbers and contraception then I can only conclude that you are ignorant of this country and the culture of the people who live there. But of course you are because you can’t spell “Philippines.”

Not to mention that most Filipinos are born outside a hospital. Rubbers have nothing to do with it. The maternal mortality rate is not 33% by the way. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/rp.html

Last edited:

If you ever get married I hope your wife refuses to have "recreational" sex with you. :lmao:

Funny, it has now just dawned on me that, dispite replying to you a number of times, you have read zero of my posts in this thread. My wife is from the Philippines (See here http://www.usmessageboard.com/6579989-post39.html ). Of course, that pretty much means that I am laughing at your argument about Filipino maternity (See above this post).

Last edited:

Yes, that's why Harry Reid has not passed a budget or allow bills to be voted on, because he puts the nation over his party. Want to buy a bridge?

Funny, it has now just dawned on me that, dispite replying to you a number of times, you have read zero of my posts in this thread. My wife is from the Philippines. Of course, that pretty much means that I am laughing at your argument about Filipino maternity.

Ravi is a drive by poster. She shoots out the window and hopes to hit something.

Funny, it has now just dawned on me that, dispite replying to you a number of times, you have read zero of my posts in this thread. My wife is from the Philippines (See here http://www.usmessageboard.com/6579989-post39.html ). Of course, that pretty much means that I am laughing at your argument about Filipino maternity (See above this post).
People that claim to be expert on a topic, especially nutters like you, are often full of shit. I took your post in that spirit.

I think the most interesting part of this story is the support the bill has. The church is very active there, you have priests and politicians saying birth control is sinful and just like having a chemical abortion and yet overwhelmingly, the country supports contraception.

As I said before, freebies are very popular in the Philippines. The only problem is that no one ever sees them, and, even if they got them it wouldn't change the birth rate in the Philippines.

People that claim to be expert on a topic, especially nutters like you, are often full of shit. I took your post in that spirit.

Having been to the Philippines (Both in a military and civilian capacity), having family in the Philippines, having married a Filipino in the Philippines, having watched Filipino News on a dialy basis, and having spoken to my Filipino family 3-5 times a week for the past 6 years, I would say that I know a whole lot more than you. And thats enough.

As I said before, freebies are very popular in the Philippines. The only problem is that no one ever sees them, and, even if they got them it wouldn't change the birth rate in the Philippines.
It's entirely possible the bill will never see the light of day, or that the government is too inept to carry it out even if they try.

I think health clinics and sex Ed is a great step to reducing poverty, so I will keep my fingers crossed that they do manage to do as they purpose. :)

Forum List

Back