Free contraception passes despite heated religious opposition

Yet you still insist on taking money from everyone else, even the people that don't use the roads. I wonder why.

:rolleyes:

Everyone uses the roads either personally or by receiving mail, buying groceries, or actually driving on them.

Are you this stupid in real life?

Believe it or not, not everyone on the planet gets mail.
But the vast majority of them get groceries. How do you suppose the groceries get to the grocery store?

Free contraception is a better option than abortion and unwanted births

WHY WHY WHY WHY can't the rw's see this?

And WHY do they believe they should be able to force governmental controls on our private lives?

Because the moment you want me to subsidize your promiscuity/failure to keep your legs shut or screw responsibly you are now thrusting your vagina into my private life. Keep that stinky money pit away from me! Your right to spread yourself around town does not give you an entitlement to rubbers/pills/abortions paid for by yours truly. Your actions are your own, and thus, I am not responsible for your lack of sexual discipline. You have every right to contract as many STD's, have as many babies, or screw as many people you want. You have absolutly no right to ask me to pay for it. Your behavior is yours alone. I should not be punished for your actions.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-2086369

The Philippians has the highest birth rate in the region, and a maternal mortality rate of 36%. You can purchase condoms, however they are too expensive for many to afford. Despite these staggering numbers, the free contraception and family planning bill took 14 years to pass, partly because of the staunch opposition the Catholic Church had taken.

1/3rd of all Filipinos are in fact farmers who have large families to work the farm. Furthermore, Filipino culture encourages large families whose children are expected to take care of their parents when they too elderly to work.
The Philippines also have a large amount of sex tourism resulting in unwanted pregnancy despite the ability of the johns to afford condoms. In fact, many Westerners travel to the Philippines, promise the young women they meet a future of marriage, and abandon them pregnant; sometimes the women do this on purpose of course.
I have been to the Philippines, my wife is from the Philippines, and my wife wants at least 4 more children in addition to the one we have now. My in-laws pride themselves in having large families who live together and count on each other for support. In the Philippines, children are an investment.
The courting process in the Philippines, despite class or income, involve guarding the virginity of their daughters very close to the extent of relatives joining the couple in the dating process.
If you’re going to break this down to rubbers and contraception then I can only conclude that you are ignorant of this country and the culture of the people who live there. But of course you are because you can’t spell “Philippines.”

That was a very nice rant, thanks for your input on the reigon.

We already provide free birth control in the US, go to any local state health clinic or PP and you will have free BC. However, this isn't about us, we dont have the birth and maternal death rates that they do. They have a serious national health crisis.

Yes they do. According to their constitution they get free government healthcare. Check one in the box for privatization!

Nothing is for free. You mean "government confiscates more money from others to provide a service to some without compensation".

We call that theft by force.

They don't live in a dictatorship, the people choose to spend their money to ensure that everyone has access to contraception.

Being that the average Filipino family makes $4,000-$6,000 per year, I think they have better things they could be spending their money on.

Last edited:

The Philippians has the highest birth rate in the region, and a maternal mortality rate of 36%. You can purchase condoms, however they are too expensive for many to afford. Despite these staggering numbers, the free contraception and family planning bill took 14 years to pass, partly because of the staunch opposition the Catholic Church had taken.

1/3rd of all Filipinos are in fact farmers who have large families to work the farm. Furthermore, Filipino culture encourages large families whose children are expected to take care of their parents when they too elderly to work.
The Philippines also have a large amount of sex tourism resulting in unwanted pregnancy despite the ability of the johns to afford condoms. In fact, many Westerners travel to the Philippines, promise the young women they meet a future of marriage, and abandon them pregnant; sometimes the women do this on purpose of course.
I have been to the Philippines, my wife is from the Philippines, and my wife wants at least 4 more children in addition to the one we have now. My in-laws pride themselves in having large families who live together and count on each other for support. In the Philippines, children are an investment.
The courting process in the Philippines, despite class or income, involve guarding the virginity of their daughters very close to the extent of relatives joining the couple in the dating process.
If you’re going to break this down to rubbers and contraception then I can only conclude that you are ignorant of this country and the culture of the people who live there. But of course you are because you can’t spell “Philippines.”

That was a very nice rant, thanks for your input on the reigon.

Your very welcome, now throw your Filipino case study out the window and start over from scratch.

Nothing is for free. You mean "government confiscates more money from others to provide a service to some without compensation".

They don't live in a dictatorship, the people choose to spend their money to ensure that everyone has access to contraception.

Being that the average Filipino family makes $4,000-$6,000 per year, I think they have better things they could be spending their money on.

You mean better than not having kids that they can't afford to feed?

Why the hell is something cheap enough to give away "too expensive"?

I can't afford to pave the roads in my town, however when I and every one of my neighbors chips in, we can now afford to keep the roads paved.

What does miles of asphalt have to do with buying a rubber? Individuals can't afford something that is cheap enough to give away?

According to their congressmen, that is exactly why free contraception for the impoverished, coupled with real sex Ed is so important.

According to their congressmen, that is exactly why free contraception for the impoverished, coupled with real sex Ed is so important.

Most Filipino's don't even understand the language spoken in their Congress (English). Furthermore, a Filipino congressman offering handouts to the people, no matter how stupid, is very popular, although, will be naturally viewed upon as bribing the populous for votes. Healthcare is also free in the Philippines. Which, of course, is why no one receives or can afford healthcare. There is one thing they do right. Armed security in front of every school!

You mean better than not having kids that they can't afford to feed?

Yes, that is a large problem as well. I've seen many naked homless children in the streets covered in dirt with the smell of urine coming from the gutters of Manila. It was then one comes to the realization that poverty does not exist in America.

Most of them. The bill currently has 70% approval.

"People" don't vote on bills. There representatives do.

The people voted for those representatives and the people overwhelmingly approve of this bill. The Catholic chruch and about 30% of the population oppose it.

Great, I hope they can afford to mail them too because most Filipinos are without transportation. Most of my in-laws were in fact born in their homes. Nevertheless, this measure will do absilutly nothing to control the birth rate in the Philippines. In fact, it may increase it. You think otherwise?

Last edited:

It is called operating as a society rather than a bunch of individuals

A society of thugs. Yes. More and more, it looks like obama's template for success is Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe.

So free contraception amounts to thuggery

Hyperbole?

It is called operating as a society rather than a bunch of individuals

A society of thugs. Yes. More and more, it looks like obama's template for success is Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe.

So free contraception amounts to thuggery

Hyperbole?

Free? Who pays for free? If I buy your condoms, they may be free to you, but they were not free for me. I will not buy your condoms........and you are on your own putting them on.

"People" don't vote on bills. There representatives do.

The people voted for those representatives and the people overwhelmingly approve of this bill. The Catholic chruch and about 30% of the population oppose it.

Great, I hope they can afford to mail them too because most Filipinos are without transportation. Most of my in-laws were in fact born in their homes. Nevertheless, this measure will do absilutly nothing to control the birth rate in the Philippines. In fact, it may increase it. You think otherwise?

This bill is a step to give improvised women a greater control over their lives. It is not only about passing out condoms, it includes building health clinics, and teaching them how their bodies work.

Forum List

Back