Free contraception passes despite heated religious opposition

Free contraception is a better option than abortion and unwanted births

WHY WHY WHY WHY can't the rw's see this?

And WHY do they believe they should be able to force governmental controls on our private lives?

You do understand that the Philippines is not the US, don't you? Categorizing the politics there on the assumption you know what you are talking about makes you look even dumber than usual.

Nothing is for free. You mean "government confiscates more money from others to provide a service to some without compensation".

We call that theft by force.

Nothing is for free. You mean "government confiscates more money from others to provide a service to some without compensation".

It is called operating as a society rather than a bunch of individuals

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-2086369

The Philippians has the highest birth rate in the region, and a maternal mortality rate of 36%. You can purchase condoms, however they are too expensive for many to afford. Despite these staggering numbers, the free contraception and family planning bill took 14 years to pass, partly because of the staunch opposition the Catholic Church had taken.

Why the hell is something cheap enough to give away "too expensive"?

The Philippians has the highest birth rate in the region, and a maternal mortality rate of 36%. You can purchase condoms, however they are too expensive for many to afford. Despite these staggering numbers, the free contraception and family planning bill took 14 years to pass, partly because of the staunch opposition the Catholic Church had taken.

I can't afford to pave the roads in my town, however when I and every one of my neighbors chips in, we can now afford to keep the roads paved.

They don't live in a dictatorship, the people choose to spend their money to ensure that everyone has access to contraception.

If the people actually made that choice we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?

I can't afford to pave the roads in my town, however when I and every one of my neighbors chips in, we can now afford to keep the roads paved.

Yet you still insist on taking money from everyone else, even the people that don't use the roads. I wonder why.

Yet you still insist on taking money from everyone else, even the people that don't use the roads. I wonder why.

:rolleyes:

Everyone uses the roads either personally or by receiving mail, buying groceries, or actually driving on them.

Are you this stupid in real life?

They don't live in a dictatorship, the people choose to spend their money to ensure that everyone has access to contraception.

If the people actually made that choice we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?

o_O

Who do you think made the choice? The tooth faerie?

:rolleyes:

Everyone uses the roads either personally or by receiving mail, buying groceries, or actually driving on them.

Are you this stupid in real life?

Believe it or not, not everyone on the planet gets mail.

1/3rd of all Filipinos are in fact farmers who have large families to work the farm. Furthermore, Filipino culture encourages large families whose children are expected to take care of their parents when they too elderly to work.
The Philippines also have a large amount of sex tourism resulting in unwanted pregnancy despite the ability of the johns to afford condoms. In fact, many Westerners travel to the Philippines, promise the young women they meet a future of marriage, and abandon them pregnant; sometimes the women do this on purpose of course.
I have been to the Philippines, my wife is from the Philippines, and my wife wants at least 4 more children in addition to the one we have now. My in-laws pride themselves in having large families who live together and count on each other for support. In the Philippines, children are an investment.
The courting process in the Philippines, despite class or income, involve guarding the virginity of their daughters very close to the extent of relatives joining the couple in the dating process.
If you’re going to break this down to rubbers and contraception then I can only conclude that you are ignorant of this country and the culture of the people who live there. But of course you are because you can’t spell “Philippines.”

The Seventh Day Adventists have pretty much pushed the Catholics out of the Phillipines. And it isn't hard to understand why.

What liar told you that? In Manila, if you don't wake up early, you get to watch Catholic mass on the large TV screen outside the church because of overcrowding. 82.9% of that country is Catholic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back