Free cars for poor fuel road rage

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Gov. Deval Patrick’s free wheels for welfare recipients program is revving up despite the stalled economy, as the keys to donated cars loaded with state-funded insurance, repairs and even AAA membership are handed out to get them to work.

But the program - fueled by a funding boost despite the state’s fiscal crash - allows those who end up back on welfare to keep the cars anyway.

“It’s mind-boggling. You’ve got people out there saying, ‘I just lost my job. Hey, can I get a free car, too?’ ” said House Minority Leader Brad Jones (R-North Reading).

Free cars for poor fuel road rage - BostonHerald.com

put a thousand dollars worth of food stamps and 10 jars of grey poopon in the front seat ya hear? :cuckoo::cuckoo:

LOL ... MM has a good point. The jobs haven't really vanished, just the market has shifted to different ones. They have always been there, hell, you could always clean toilets, janitorial is always hiring.

LOL ... MM has a good point. The jobs haven't really vanished, just the market has shifted to different ones. They have always been there, hell, you could always clean toilets, janitorial is always hiring.

Some think that everybody should have a white collar job.
They are going to be in deep shit if all the plumbers agree with.

Enter Illegals!!

If we filled the void they are, then there wouldn't be enough incentive for them to jump the border. If only more Americans were willing to roll up their sleeves, and get a little dirty.

Enter Illegals!!

If we filled the void they are, then there wouldn't be enough incentive for them to jump the border. If only more Americans were willing to roll up their sleeves, and get a little dirty.

It amazes me how many Americans refuse to take a "lower paying" job, even during tough times.

Enter Illegals!!

It amazes me how many Americans refuse to take a "lower paying" job, even during tough times.

It's that whole "what is mommy government going to do to take care of me" mentality.
Aside from the foreign policy discussion, did you notice that during the debates all the questions were related to how the nanny state would take care of you? (Note, the MSM decided what questions were allowed) I'm only going to post the first link, you can search the rest on your own.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBEz8cF_3-E&feature=fvsr[/ame]

Not really. Lately janitorial, as well as construction has been taken over by illegals. When I worked at United Airlines, the woman who cleaned the officies barely spoke English and was surprised to learn that she mad more than I did. Further, I'm pretty sure she was paid under the table and paid NO taxes.

Also, there are so many out there looking for jobs that you are handicapped if you are over a certain age, or an American, or short, or fat, or whatever that the guy doing the hiring doesn't like.

I'm looking for a job as we speak, though not as fervently as I was last time. So far I've not found an interview. Last time it took me a year before I found my first interview and then I was working very hard at finding a job.

Okay, my first real job, I got was on the highway, my first apartment a few blocks away. I walked to and from work everyday down a highway where guys would stop because they thought I was a prostitute. It wasn't easy, but I did it. Eventually I got a better job, and I took a bus. How about free bus passes instead of free cars with insurance?

Enter Illegals!!

You must be joking. Americans are getting laid off from jobs while illegals are getting hired for those same jobs.

When I grew up, I picked berries every summer. Later, when my sister in law came from Thailand and wanted a job, I took her to the busstop. At that time I was 18 and it had been a few years since I'd been. The bus driver took every Asian at that stop and left me, the only caucasion standing there. He hadn't seen my sister in law before or me so it was obvious racism against caucasions. Guess what, I send my sister in law without me. She went ONE day. I lasted 4 seasons, she lasted one day. Don't try to tell me immigrants work harder than Americans. If the farmers can't find Americans to work in the fields now, that's their problem. They shut out Americans.

I have a friend whose been a maid for many years, she was pushed out of 3 jobs by hispanics. Whenever hours were cut, they'd cut the hours for the Americans, not the hispanics (yes, I realize some of them were American but at this point there is a difference). Eventually she had to look for new employment as she could get enough hours to make a living.

I myself have worked in the fields and as a maid. There are no jobs that Americans will not do. There are jobs Americans have been pushed out of, but not jobs they won't do.

When my son had a paperroute, we had to deliver the papers to the door, at 5 cents a paper. They took the apartment buildings away from us and gave them to the immigrants. They were paid the same 5 cents a paper to deliver all those papers to the front offices of the apartment buildings. We ended up not even making minimum wage and quit, they took our route and put up newspaper bins by every mailbox and now the immigrants are delivering to the mailbox bins and getting the same 5 cents a newspaper we were getting paid to deliver to the door. That adds up to less time, therefore more money for a worse job. Americans have become second class citizens in their own country. don't think for a minute we've become lazy. Many Americans have just given up trying to compete. It's not laziness, it's depression.

Okay, my first real job, I got was on the highway, my first apartment a few blocks away. I walked to and from work everyday down a highway where guys would stop because they thought I was a prostitute. It wasn't easy, but I did it. Eventually I got a better job, and I took a bus. How about free bus passes instead of free cars with insurance?
you would think thats what they would do

they want people to use mass transit anyway

Not really. Lately janitorial, as well as construction has been taken over by illegals. When I worked at United Airlines, the woman who cleaned the officies barely spoke English and was surprised to learn that she mad more than I did. Further, I'm pretty sure she was paid under the table and paid NO taxes.

Also, there are so many out there looking for jobs that you are handicapped if you are over a certain age, or an American, or short, or fat, or whatever that the guy doing the hiring doesn't like.

I'm looking for a job as we speak, though not as fervently as I was last time. So far I've not found an interview. Last time it took me a year before I found my first interview and then I was working very hard at finding a job.

Aaah .. but if more legal citizens were willing to work, do the work well, and not whine every time they feel like they are being cheated when they aren't, the companies would be more likely to hire them instead, it costs more when they get caught for hiring illegals than it would to pay a real citizen a little more than minimum wage. Problems is, no one in the US legally is willing to start at the bottom.

Good point, it'll cut down on that pesky carbon footprint as well........ :cool:

The free bus passes would be sooooo much better of an idea, and it would benefit everyone not just those getting them. In Seattle there's a program where you can get an 8 dollar card then only pay 5 bucks for unlimited rides (may have gone up I haven't had one in a while) for low income, disabled, retired, etc.. It's not difficult to get the card and many places will pay for it if you can't (but really, 5 bucks a month you could pan handle).

I just lost my job of 13 years last week. During 10 of those years I walked, took the bus or rode a bike. The other three I rode the bus and walked 1 1/2 miles.

Right now I am on severance, so I am not looking quite as hard as I ought. But I am looking.

I just lost my job of 13 years last week. During 10 of those years I walked, took the bus or rode a bike. The other three I rode the bus and walked 1 1/2 miles.

Right now I am on severance, so I am not looking quite as hard as I ought. But I am looking.
sorry you lost your job
but you should make sure your resume is up to date and get it out there
dont waste time
besides, it would be nice to still have that money left while you make more at the new job

I like how the OP glosses over the fact that the government is NOT supplying these vehicles. The whole cost of the program to the state is $400,000 a year. The cars are DONATED, the state just takes care of the registration fees, insurance, and AAA membership for the first year. It seems this is exactly the kind of charity that conservatives are always pushing to replace government assistance. This is a public-private partnership as a step in that direction... and yet still you complain.

Forum List

Back