Free at last!!!!!

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
They're gone!! The three Bratkateers have gone back to school!

:dance: :thewave: :thanks:

Just thought I'd share my bliss with anyone who cares!!!!

(still have a few, but sadly they are sick today :banana: )

Said1 said:
They're gone!! The three Bratkateers have gone back to school!

:dance: :thewave: :thanks:

Just thought I'd share my bliss with anyone who cares!!!!

(still have a few, but sadly they are sick today :banana: )

I feel your enthusiasm!!! My son went back a couple of weeks ago. My 3 year old daughter is home and begging meto go to school!!!I have to find a good per school,quick!!!!!!!

krisy said:
I feel your enthusiasm!!! My son went back a couple of weeks ago. My 3 year old daughter is home and begging meto go to school!!!I have to find a good per school,quick!!!!!!!

I have two more going to pre-school, one started today, and one is sick. I've been blasting music and watching talk shows all afternoon woohoo. Happy Days are here again.......and I went to the store ALONE!! Does it get any better than this??

Said1 said:
As of today, 5. I had six all summer, I sure hope my hair grows back.

All are in pre-school and elementary school this year phew!

:teeth:

Do you get them ready for school? Take care of them after school? If you do this for a paycheck, how does this work? No, I'm NOT thinking of doing this. I'm just curious.

Joz said:
:teeth:

Do you get them ready for school? Take care of them after school? If you do this for a paycheck, how does this work? No, I'm NOT thinking of doing this. I'm just curious.

They are dropped off here by parents, then brought to the school (few blocks away) and picked up by me. Pre-schoolers arepicked up by pre-school van at my house, and brought back after school. I will have one in the afternoon, who sleeps until I go to the elementary school.

I work as a sub-contractor for a aboriginal child care agency. I'm paid a flat rate per child per day, once a month. The rate depends on the age of the child, and amount of hours they are in my care. I also get a nice fat bonus every 3 months, which is based on the above. So yes, I do this for a paycheck. :cuckoo:

I also work for another part of the same community center, but only 2 hours a week, give or take. There are adults there too, wow!

Said1 said:
They are dropped off here by parents, then brought to the school (few blocks away) and picked up by me...I work as a sub-contractor for a aboriginal child care agency. I'm paid a flat rate per child per day, once a month.....

I've known others who've done this but not thru an agency. That's not for me! I like teaching kids but not that young. I get along better with kids that I can actually communicate with, hold their attention for more then 3 seconds. My hat's off to you!

Joz said:
I've known others who've done this but not thru an agency. That's not for me! I like teaching kids but not that young. I get along better with kids that I can actually communicate with, hold their attention for more then 3 seconds. My hat's off to you!

There is a pre-school program at the same community center, and all the kids usually go there. I've worked with them for years, and generally get a good "heads up" on what the children and parents are like before hand. This influences my decisions about which kids to take and which ones not to take more than their ages do. I usually don't take them under 2 1/2, way to much work, but there are exceptions.

My talents don't really fall under the teaching catagory. My specialty seems to be "Behavior Management", or so I've been told. :halo:

Forum List

Back