Frederick Gets 8 Years in Iraq Abuse Case

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041021/D85S06D00.html

"....Finally, Frederick said, soldiers lined the detainees naked against a wall with bags on their heads and then forced three of them to masturbate...."

ROFL

Rather ironic how the bleeding hearts are worried about the "feelings" of those prisoners but have no outcry for Americans getting beheaded when they're captured...

Given the choice between beheading or pumping your nads, well... it doesn't take a brain sugeon to figure out which one would be more enjoyable...:p

Number one, you cannot 'force' somebody to masturbate. Believe me, I've tried...

Number two, 8 years - seems like a, uh, stiff penalty

Number Three, I wonder if members of the media sleep well knowing their sensationalizing of this story has directly lead to the beheadings we've seen?

Number Four, If I knew nobody would see me, and I'd been in a prison for x-many months, I doubt I'd be bothered by somebody encouraging me to pump my nads. :)

I'd like to know what he did to deserve EIGHT FRIGGIN YEARS!?!?!

i read the public parts of the report the army general made (as anyone can if you google for it)... there is far worse than this in there.

needless to say though, this idiot disgraced his nation and the military. he also made america look terrible in front of the entire world. he helped erode the ability of americans to get iraqis to trust them. he aided the terrorists and insurgents by undermining iraqi faith in the americans. he richly earned and deserves all 8 years, if not more.

i also fail to see how the abuse scandals have led to beheadings. what started the beheading business was the high profile "success" of the beheading of daniel pearl in 2002. the media ate it up, much to his widow's dismay. the media now eats up these iraqi and saudi beheadings, much as they ate up the torturing of hostages in the Mideast in the 80's.

I think 8 years is adequate for the disgrace he brought the military. Nothing in these tactics is anywhere even in the same realm of thought as what the terrorists or even Saddam has done, but Americans are held to a higher standard. thats why we punish our own when they commit dumb acts.

Thats why we are the greatest country on Earth.

insein said:
I think 8 years is adequate for the disgrace he brought the military. Nothing in these tactics is anywhere even in the same realm of thought as what the terrorists or even Saddam has done, but Americans are held to a higher standard. thats why we punish our own when they commit dumb acts.

i fully agree with you

some of you think jerkin it is nothing, to them, its shameful. and im pretty damn sure those soldiers knew that, thus made them do it for their own entertainment. yeah, i say fuck the enemy too, but thats a shit example of how to lead. especially if you want to set an example to the entire world.

you allow that kind of treatment and i can guarantee, as we have seen, you will get vicious consequences. these people do not play around. but we just sit back in our chairs and laugh.. disgraceful.

Mainframe said:
i fully agree with you

some of you think jerkin it is nothing, to them, its shameful. and im pretty damn sure those soldiers knew that, thus made them do it for their own entertainment. yeah, i say fuck the enemy too, but thats a shit example of how to lead. especially if you want to set an example to the entire world.

you allow that kind of treatment and i can guarantee, as we have seen, you will get vicious consequences. these people do not play around. but we just sit back in our chairs and laugh.. disgraceful.

So why's it so bad to humiliate the enemy? What would you have done to get those prisoners to talk?

-Cp said:
So why's it so bad to humiliate the enemy? What would you have done to get those prisoners to talk?

again, read the stinking report (actually two of them, the original and then the commission report the pentagon came out with)

you'll find that over 80% of those prisoners were completely innocent. the military was stupidly using NYPD tactics (which backfired horribly on the NYPD in multiple wrongful death scandals and ruined trust between the community and the police until 9/11) of rounding up all applicable men that fit the "threat threshold"... in this case, any arabs from a young age to an old age. beating, torture and murder (possibly rape, that part is still classified apparently) all occured in that prison, commited by American soldiers and contractors. that is seriously fucked up. when the election is over, hopefully rumsfield and the pentagon will be forced by members of Congress like John Warner and John McCain to come clean on EVERYTHING that happened there so we can 110% make sure it never happens again.

they disgraced the military and all their comrades who ever served. jesus, how do you think soldiers and marines who spent months trying to win over iraqi hearts and minds with kindness, fairness, respect, cooperation and friendship felt when all this torture was revealed? that flushed a lot of good men and women's hard work down the toilet.

this idiot deserves a lot longer than 8 years, he should get the fucking death penalty IMHO. he cost the USA and its allies a lot of goodwill, hard work and effort and forced the government to spend months doing damage control when they could have been rebuilding iraq with fewer distractions.

insein said:

YEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! :clap1:

While the United States has tried and convicted (still ongoing too) the perpatrators of prisoner abuse at Abu Grhaib, the Arab world continues to applaud and support the heinous acts of terrorist around the globe. There are many non Arabs, non Muslims who think that guys like Al Sadr should be given a role in governing the citizens of Iraq. The irony of the situation is that we Americans wring our hands and vehemently debate the correctness of the sentence while the rest of the world not only chastises the United States and it's foriegn policy, but also deliberately excuses the far worse torture and killing of innocents by a group of thugs and murderers. The contrast is staggering.

CSM said:
While the United States has tried and convicted (still ongoing too) the perpatrators of prisoner abuse at Abu Grhaib, the Arab world continues to applaud and support the heinous acts of terrorist around the globe. There are many non Arabs, non Muslims who think that guys like Al Sadr should be given a role in governing the citizens of Iraq. The irony of the situation is that we Americans wring our hands and vehemently debate the correctness of the sentence while the rest of the world not only chastises the United States and it's foriegn policy, but also deliberately excuses the far worse torture and killing of innocents by a group of thugs and murderers. The contrast is staggering.

quite true, and very disturbing. i still haven't figured out a good idea/opinion on how we should handle this disgusting inequality of morality.

no excuse for fredericks and the other torturers though... we're special, we're proud to be special, in the military we're trained to be special and operate above high standards, and we nearly 100% succeed. its bozos like frederick and that little psycho pregnant donkey that disgrace the folks over there serving honorably. i'll even take it a step farther. i see more pride in the army than in the navy... especially growing up in an army family and seeing how important honor, pride and performance was to the men and women in green, their actions were shameful beyond excuse.

NATO AIR said:
quite true, and very disturbing. i still haven't figured out a good idea/opinion on how we should handle this disgusting inequality of morality.

no excuse for fredericks and the other torturers though... we're special, we're proud to be special, in the military we're trained to be special and operate above high standards, and we nearly 100% succeed. its bozos like frederick and that little psycho pregnant donkey that disgrace the folks over there serving honorably. i'll even take it a step farther. i see more pride in the army than in the navy... especially growing up in an army family and seeing how important honor, pride and performance was to the men and women in green, their actions were shameful beyond excuse.

Can't argue that. Even if there was not a public outcry over their actions, those sick perverts needed to be punished.

CSM said:
Can't argue that. Even if there was not a public outcry over their actions, those sick perverts needed to be punished.

yea, and i definitely agree there needs to be an even greater outcry from other peoples over the beheadings, terrorist bombings, etc etc going on in iraq and other parts of the world though.

Forum List

Back