Freddie Mac to ask for another $10 billion bailout funds

It is not according to me. Something like 90% of all the mortgages over the past year have been underwritten by the GSEs. Full-stop. Much of the private market simply stopped lending in the mortgage market. Banks were happier borrowing at 0% from the Fed and lending it back to the Treasury at 3% than lending mortgages.

I don't know where it ends, but I do know that the government is trashing the value of the dollar.

Though considering that will help our trade imbalance internationally, is that necessarily a bad thing?

It is not according to me. Something like 90% of all the mortgages over the past year have been underwritten by the GSEs. Full-stop. Much of the private market simply stopped lending in the mortgage market. Banks were happier borrowing at 0% from the Fed and lending it back to the Treasury at 3% than lending mortgages.

I don't know where it ends, but I do know that the government is trashing the value of the dollar.

Though considering that will help our trade imbalance internationally, is that necessarily a bad thing?

Not really. Most governments are trashing the value of their currencies. All fiat currencies are going down. That is why gold is approaching an all-time high.

Why don't we just accept the fact that they aren't going to be solvent and let them collapse? Stop sending them money. It's going to go down the black hole never to reappear again.

New Topics

Forum List

Back