Fred Dalton Thompson

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Office Seeking: President (Potential)

Project Vote Smart does not have ratings available for this candidate. The following are special interest group ratings collected for a previously held office. Please call our Voter's Research Hotline at 1-888-VOTE SMART (1-888-868-3762) for more information.

How to Interpret these Evaluations

Disclaimer: Descriptions of organizations are derived from the mission statement or description produced by each organization. Project Vote Smart does not evaluate or edit these descriptions.

Abortion Issues
(Back to top)

2001 Thompson supported the interests of the Planned Parenthood 0 percent in 2001.

2001 Thompson supported the interests of the NARAL Pro-Choice America 0 percent in 2001.

2000 Thompson supported the interests of the NARAL Pro-Choice America 0 percent in 2000.

1999-2000 Thompson supported the interests of the National Right to Life Committee 77 percent in 1999-2000.

1999 Thompson supported the interests of the Planned Parenthood 0 percent in 1999.

Agriculture Issues
(Back to top)

2000 Thompson supported the interests of the American Farm Bureau Federation 100 percent in 2000.

1999-2000 Thompson supported the interests of the National Farmers Union 33 percent in 1999-2000.

1999 Thompson supported the interests of the American Farm Bureau Federation 80 percent in 1999.

Animal Rights and Wildlife Issues
(Back to top)

2001-2002 Thompson supported the interests of the Fund for Animals 50 percent in 2001-2002.

2000 Thompson supported the interests of the The Humane Society of the United States 0 percent in 2000.

2000 On the votes that the Society for Animal Protective Legislation considered to be the most important in 2000, Thompson voted their preferred position 0 percent of the time.

more at the site..
http://www.vote-smart.org/issue_rating_category.php?can_id=22003

Fred sounds like a Reagan conservative

Is there a downside to this somewhere?

No wonder the liberal media are starting their attacks

Fred Thompson warned the Nixon admin they were going to go after WH tapes during Watergate.

He helped Nixon lie to America.

Hes a neo con fool

is that all you got, Stephanie?

It takes a little more than some stats on positions on abortion, animals, and agriculture to deem a person worthy of the office of President of the US.

Why don't you post his voting record while in congress.

I think the people should know where he stands on the legislation he's voted on. That's a little more important than how he feels about kitties and parenthood.

With all due respect, of course.

Fred sounds like a Reagan conservative

Is there a downside to this somewhere?

No wonder the liberal media are starting their attacks

you don't make one post without throwing in something about liberals and dems, do you?

You don't even know what conservatism and liberalism are.

is that all you got, Stephanie?

It takes a little more than some stats on positions on abortion, animals, and agriculture to deem a person worthy of the office of President of the US.

Why don't you post his voting record while in congress.

I think the people should know where he stands on the legislation he's voted on. That's a little more important than how he feels about kitties and parenthood.

There was more of the ratings, AT THE SITE...
That's why I put.......MORE AT SITE...

Why don't you put up his voting record, if that's what you want to see ?

There was more of the ratings, AT THE SITE...
That's why I put.......MORE AT SITE...

Why don't you put up his voting record, if that's what you want to see it?

Stephanie, i already know his voting record. I scrutinize every candidate with a microscope. I guess what i was getting at, is do YOU know his record?

Here's Ron's, since i support only him, and if i want people to support him, i want people to KNOW him.

If it doesn't agree with the constitution, and benefit the PEOPLE FIRST, he doesn't vote yes.

Can you say that about Fred?

In all seriousness here...how much do you really know about the man you support? You have GOT to go farther than just what the news tells you. Please. This country can't afford another neo-con war monger in office, it will KILL us.

There's nothing wrong with leaving countries alone. If somewhere down the road a country needs our support, then the people of the United States should have a say in whether or not we should offer it, especially militarily.

Otherwise, we should stay out of their business, make sure our OWN borders are secure, and freely trade amongst friendly nations...if we are ever directly attacked by a nation. then by all means, we should defend ourselves.

We've killed a million+ people since 9/11. What has it accomplished?

Stephanie, i already know his voting record. I scrutinize every candidate with a microscope. I guess what i was getting at, is do YOU know his record?

Here's Ron's, since i support only him, and if i want people to support him, i want people to KNOW him.

If it doesn't agree with the constitution, and benefit the PEOPLE FIRST, he doesn't vote yes.

Can you say that about Fred?

In all seriousness here...how much do you really know about the man you support? You have GOT to go farther than just what the news tells you. Please. This country can't afford another neocon war monger in office, it will KILL us.

There's nothing wrong with leaving countries alone. If somewhere down the road a country needs our support, then the people of the United States should have a say in whether or not we should offer it, especially militarily.

Otherwise, we should stay out of their business, make sure our OWN borders are secure, and freely trade amongst friendly nations...if we are ever directly attacked by a nation. then by all means, we should defend ourselves.

We've killed a million+ people since 9/11. What has it accomplished?

I'm still checking out the candidates..
There's two or three, I really like...
While I like some of Paul's ideas..
There's a lot, I don't agree with him on...
I will not vote for him..
He's too wimpy for me...

Thompson is the kinda guy who would help Nixon in the middle of an investiagtion.

It amazes me how anyone could consider him as a leader.

Do you people like corruption in your government?

Stephanie, what do you not agree with Ron on...just out of curiosity?

Lay out the Hilary corruption for us?

BTW Im not a Hilary supporter but I will vote for her over any R.

The only one I will have to think hard about is Ron Paul.

I dont agree with him on many things but I do KNOW he is honest.

Thompson is the kinda guy who would help Nixon in the middle of an investiagtion.

It amazes me how anyone could consider him as a leader.

Do you people like corruption in your government?

It doesn't matter to the bushies what reality is...it's all about what Freddie "my wife is younger than my daughter" Thompson plays on TV.

what does that mean?

means the dude is as far from a "down home" conservative as humanly possible.... was a washington insider/lobbyist for years.... but what he actually is doesn't matter a bit because you guys take your perception of him from his TV roles.

You need that spelled out?

not to mention the whole being a mole for Nixon thang.

means the dude is as far from a "down home" conservative as humanly possible.... was a washington insider/lobbyist for years.... but what he actually is doesn't matter a bit because you guys take your perception of him from his TV roles.

You need that spelled out?
yes.
not to mention the whole being a mole for Nixon thang.
link please.

and that says what? Authoritatively?

FRED THOMPSON, the potential frontrunner for the 2008 Republican nomination, had a less than heroic role as a mole for the Nixon White House during the Watergate hearings in the 1970s, according to a contemporary.

Thompson’s claim to fame as a young lawyer was asking an aide to Richard Nixon whether there was a taping system at the White House. It was the key to incriminating the president with his own “expletive deleted” words.

The former senator for Tennessee and TV actor in Law & Order is expected to announce shortly that he is running for president. But entering the race late has not shielded him from scrutiny.

According to Scott Armstrong, a former investigator for the Democrats on the Senate Watergate Committee, Thompson often leaked information to Nixon’s team. “Thompson was a White House mole,” Armstrong told The Boston Globe. “Fred was working hammer and tong to defeat the investigation.”

In Thompson’s memoir, At That Point in Time, he admitted tipping off the Nixon White House that he was going to ask about the tapes, although he had “no authority” to do so.

Thompson had been a staunch supporter of Nixon and had hoped the tapes would exonerate the president, a theory he said “proved totally wrong”. But the impulse to protect Nixon may not harm him with the conservative base of the Republican party.

It doesn't matter to the bushies what reality is...it's all about what Freddie "my wife is younger than my daughter" Thompson plays on TV.

Hmmm...

I guess I'd rather support a guy running for President, who has a young wife...

Than to have supported a President, who was diddling a young intern, the same age as his 20 yr. old daughter....right under the nose of his wife(the first lady), while sitting in the oval office chair, with said intern on her knees under the desk....

The Democrats.....HERO!:lol: :badgrin:

Forum List

Back