Freakin' stink bugs

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
stinkbug.jpg

With the heat outside, I'm noticing these things inside the ACed house more and more. Saw five of them yesterday and already at a count of four, today. Before, I would see one inside about every two weeks.

Nasty creatures.

Stink bugs! The kids in the neighborhood tell of their horribleness, but I've never actually had an encounter with one myself.

I asked the kids if they actually stink! Oh, yes they do!!!

What do they smell like? I'm curious. But not curious enough to get the kids to bring me one that is emitting...er, emoting...er, stinking! :lol:

I have seen these bugs and I have heard people talk about 'stink bugs'....but I never have smelled one either.
No one need send me one, I'll just take everyone else's word for how bad they stink!

That looks absolutely nothing like what we call stink bugs...I've always called those true bugs and had no idea they were stink bugs!

I'm totally freaked out...so what are the bugs we call stink bugs? They're big black beetles, look kinda round butted, and when you bug them they stick their butts in the air..and stink....

That looks absolutely nothing like what we call stink bugs...I've always called those true bugs and had no idea they were stink bugs!

I'm totally freaked out...so what are the bugs we call stink bugs? They're big black beetles, look kinda round butted, and when you bug them they stick their butts in the air..and stink....

Well cripes, I have no clue either.
But, a bug is a bug and a good bug is a dead bug :lol:

stinkbug.jpg

With the heat outside, I'm noticing these things inside the ACed house more and more. Saw five of them yesterday and already at a count of four, today. Before, I would see one inside about every two weeks.

Nasty creatures.

Christ on a cracker, I hope that isn't it's actual size! I'm not a pansy around insects, but seeing something that huge and ugly would be a Pampers moment for me! :(

stinkbug.jpg

Nasty creatures.

Christ on a cracker, I hope that isn't it's actual size! I'm not a pansy around insects, but seeing something that huge and ugly would be a Pampers moment for me! :(
They're not actually that big, but they are a bit more than a centimeter in length, so not small.

Plus, they are creepily lethargic, so if they land on you, you have to physically move them off of you, not like other bugs who will just move if there is movement close to them.

Forum List

Back