Fraudulent Duke accuser & darling of the left and MSM charged with attempted murder

Fraudulent Duke accuser & darling of the left and MSM charged with attempted murder, arson

DURHAM, N.C. — Durham police late Wednesday arrested the woman who four years ago falsely accused three Duke University lacrosse players of raping her.
Crystal Mangum assaulted her boyfriend, set his clothes on fire in a bathtub and threatened to stab him, investigators said.

She was in the Durham County jail under a $1 million bondMangum, 33, has been appointed a public defender and is scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 22.

Police charged her with attempted first-degree murder, five counts of arson, assault and battery, communicating threats, three counts of misdemeanor child abuse, injury to personal property, identity theft and resisting a public officer.

Good. Karma's a real bitch sometimes.

In fairness, the media did seem to accept her word for the events in the early days. As did many others. It is a lesson to us all to wait until we have facts instead of one side of a story.

i never saw anyone in media use words other than "alleged".

were they sympathetic to her? i'd hope so. they're generally sympathetic to victims... until those people turn out not to be victims.

sexual assault is a sensitive thing because for far too long, rape victims were treated as if they were the criminals.

this woman and the woman at hofstra should be beaten with their own arms for turning back the clock two decades.

Funny thing is the media did in fact use the "alleged" term quite often. Where the bias was introduced was from shows like Nancy Grace and that Rita whatsername....I recall those 2 being quite ravenous and anti-WASPlike. They seemed to want to tear down the rich, privileged white kids....but when the truth began to emerge they all of a sudden got real quiet on this case and moved on. In fairness though the MSM did kinda go overboard in it's coverage on that case. We've heard NOTHING about the Murder, rape, torture case that is in trial right now regarding the young white couple raped, tortured and then killed by 5 African Americans.

In fairness, the media did seem to accept her word for the events in the early days. As did many others. It is a lesson to us all to wait until we have facts instead of one side of a story.

were they sympathetic to her? i'd hope so. they're generally sympathetic to victims... until those people turn out not to be victims.

sexual assault is a sensitive thing because for far too long, rape victims were treated as if they were the criminals.

this woman and the woman at hofstra should be beaten with their own arms for turning back the clock two decades.

Funny thing is the media did in fact use the "alleged" term quite often. Where the bias was introduced was from shows like Nancy Grace and that Rita whatsername....I recall those 2 being quite ravenous and anti-WASPlike. They seemed to want to tear down the rich, privileged white kids....but when the truth began to emerge they all of a sudden got real quiet on this case and moved on. In fairness though the MSM did kinda go overboard in it's coverage on that case. We've heard NOTHING about the Murder, rape, torture case that is in trial right now regarding the young white couple raped, tortured and then killed by 5 African Americans.

nancy grace always assumes if the person is male, that they're guilty. i can't stand her.

the case you're referring to is three years old. you wouldn't hear about it now. all five were charged. four of the men were indicted. three were convicted on multiple charges including felony murder. Another has been charged under federal law as an accessory after the fact.

The national news media was criticized for allegedly ignoring the story because the victims were white and the suspects black.[4][6][7] This criticism was also fueled by erroneous early reports of dismemberment and mutilations.[8] Most of the original reports with misinformation (reported from a federal deputy after the suspects' arrest in Kentucky) were later denied by the District Attorney.[8]

Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nancy Grace went way over the top with the case. I don't watch her show but I saw clips of some of what she said. It was disgraceful.

As for the media, they'll show anything that gives them good ratings. Two obvious forces were at work in the case your refering to. One, this nation's racial history makes it more profitable ratings-wise to show crimes commited by whites against minorities. Not saying it's right, just saying it's what's behind the decision making. That and the fact that it happened in an area of the country that's not to profitable to ratings either. There are certain parts of this nation that a nuclear bomb could go off in and they'd get maybe five minutes of coverage on the news.

As for media bias it runs both ways. There's plenty of evidence to suggest that black and latina missing girls often go largely unreported when compared to missing caucasian girls. It's really less about race and more about what the media believes will give them better ratings.

Neotrotsky, can I have your permission to add to your statement that the left and MSM couldn't see past the "black" and say that this idiot clearly can't as well?

It just seems like the racial aspect of this won't go away. She was black they were white, she's a bad person. End of story.

The lying WHORE brought race into it from the get-go.

The NAACP-NC continued to perpetuate the race issues.

They terrorized the Duke men IN THEIR HOME after her malicious and false claims.

Do the research.

I dare you. You don't have the intellectual honesty or guts to do it.

Read up, Mr. NAACP, NBPP:
Durham-in-Wonderland

Wow. Okay great. Like I said two wrongs definetely make a right. Or they just make people in sane.

Intellectual honesty or guts to do what? You don't have the intellectual honesty to make a valid point with bringing race into an argument and THEN to make a valid non-racial point without calling other people racists.

IN THIS POST you are the only person bringing up race. Forget Sharpton, forget the NAACP, forget the NBPP, NONE of them are here now. You are. And only one person has consistantly brought up this woman's race and the race of the boys she accused of raping HERE. That's YOU.

I think it's extremely important as if she'd been white, Sharpton wouldn't have been marching in the streets crying racism and quite possibly the charges never would have been brought in the first place.

Darling of the left? You got proof of that?

You know they don't care what they lie about.

I never saw anyone call her a "darling" or support her in any way once it became clear she was a lying psycho.

A YEAR later. The Prosecutor in the case got disbarred for his conduct. And guess what HE was? For a year she was always portrayed as the victim even as more and more damning evidence surfaced.

The lying WHORE brought race into it from the get-go.

The NAACP-NC continued to perpetuate the race issues.

They terrorized the Duke men IN THEIR HOME after her malicious and false claims.

Do the research.

I dare you. You don't have the intellectual honesty or guts to do it.

Read up, Mr. NAACP, NBPP:
Durham-in-Wonderland

Wow. Okay great. Like I said two wrongs definetely make a right. Or they just make people in sane.

Intellectual honesty or guts to do what? You don't have the intellectual honesty to make a valid point with bringing race into an argument and THEN to make a valid non-racial point without calling other people racists.

IN THIS POST you are the only person bringing up race. Forget Sharpton, forget the NAACP, forget the NBPP, NONE of them are here now. You are. And only one person has consistantly brought up this woman's race and the race of the boys she accused of raping HERE. That's YOU.

I think it's extremely important as if she'd been white, Sharpton wouldn't have been marching in the streets crying racism and quite possibly the charges never would have been brought in the first place.

Again, as far as I know Sharpton isn't on USMB. So again I'll say this for the last time: yes Sharpton was wrong. I still have not seen one person here defend Sharpton, the NAACP, or the NBPP and their actions regarding this situation. This post wasn't even about that, it was about the accuser going to jail. That's good karma, whether or not the lady was black white or purple.

Jeny was the one who brought up race. And yet she considers everyone else who doesn't feel like this should have been a racial issue anyway "racists". Jeny is justing blowing off the top about race because that's all she knows how to do. She is OBSESSED with race. Clearly.

Again, as far as I know Sharpton isn't on USMB. So again I'll say this for the last time: yes Sharpton was wrong. I still have not seen one person here defend Sharpton, the NAACP, or the NBPP and their actions regarding this situation. This post wasn't even about that, it was about the accuser going to jail. That's good karma, whether or not the lady was black white or purple.

Jeny was the one who brought up race. And yet she considers everyone else who doesn't feel like this should have been a racial issue anyway "racists". Jeny is justing blowing off the top about race because that's all she knows how to do. She is OBSESSED with race. Clearly.

The point is, race was definitely an issue is this case.

nancy grace always assumes if the person is male, that they're guilty. i can't stand her.

the case you're referring to is three years old. you wouldn't hear about it now. all five were charged. four of the men were indicted. three were convicted on multiple charges including felony murder. Another has been charged under federal law as an accessory after the fact.

The national news media was criticized for allegedly ignoring the story because the victims were white and the suspects black.[4][6][7] This criticism was also fueled by erroneous early reports of dismemberment and mutilations.[8] Most of the original reports with misinformation (reported from a federal deputy after the suspects' arrest in Kentucky) were later denied by the District Attorney.[8]

Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spin anyway you want about that couple
Those people were killed and raped -real victims

Does it matter if they poured bleach or ammonia
I really hope you are not trying to make excuses for these scumbags

Plus, you know if the races were reversed the MSM and the left would have been all over this case like the fake Duke rape.

The Killings of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom

Jack Dunphy examines the underreported murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom and the media’s inner-city crime taboos.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back