Fraud in the welfare system

WOW

Woman charged with benefits fraud works for Social Services | davis, nannetta, alamance - Burlington Times News

And a even bigger WOW

GASTONIA WOMAN CHARGED WITH $1.4 MILLION DOLLAR MEDICAID FRAUD SCHEME AND MONEY LAUNDERING Two Others Plead Guilty to Defrauding Medicaid in Related Schemes CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of North Carolina announced today the indictment and arrest of Erika Holland, 41, of Mt. Holly, on charges of defrauding the North Carolina Medical Assistance Program (Medicaid) of over $1.4 million dollars and laundering the proceeds of her fraud with the purchase of vehicles, a residence and a vacation time share.

United States Attorneys Office - Western District of North Carolina
She got 10 years for each count of fraud

This just in...banks defraud the USA of trillions in home loan ...bond scam...

Oil companies have been purchasing crude oil at lower costs for over a year and defrauding the American public for about a dollar a gallon at the pump to the tune of about 100 billion...

WOW

Woman charged with benefits fraud works for Social Services | davis, nannetta, alamance - Burlington Times News

And a even bigger WOW

GASTONIA WOMAN CHARGED WITH $1.4 MILLION DOLLAR MEDICAID FRAUD SCHEME AND MONEY LAUNDERING Two Others Plead Guilty to Defrauding Medicaid in Related Schemes CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of North Carolina announced today the indictment and arrest of Erika Holland, 41, of Mt. Holly, on charges of defrauding the North Carolina Medical Assistance Program (Medicaid) of over $1.4 million dollars and laundering the proceeds of her fraud with the purchase of vehicles, a residence and a vacation time share.

Oil companies have been purchasing crude oil at lower costs for over a year and defrauding the American public for about a dollar a gallon at the pump to the tune of about 100 billion...

Call it what you want deflect it anyway you can the banks contribut to the economy they provide a tax payer base for the governmen, welfare free loaders don't

WOW

And a even bigger WOW

Call it what you want deflect it anyway you can the banks contribut to the economy they provide a tax payer base for the governmen, welfare free loaders don't

You are a fool. Just the overpricing of gasoline over the last two years has done more to stifle the economy without contributing a fucking red cent than any other single factor.

You are a fool. Just the overpricing of gasoline over the last two years has done more to stifle the economy without contributing a fucking red cent than any other single factor.

and three years ago you would be blame the president what changed oh thats right we have a democrat president

at least this administration has done so much to help supply in the world by shutting down domestic offshore production. we can thank him for that!

Mike for evey one person that gets caught there are more who don't get caught. If there weren't so maentitlment programs there weren't be much fraud. How can you have fraud when the programs are gone?
It is difficult for me to weigh the validity of what you're saying because I don't know what programs you recommend doing away with.

There is an element of confusion where your use of the word entitlements is concerned. I presently receive Social Security. I am entitled to it because I paid into the the program throughout my working life. Do you disagree? If so, specifically what entitlement programs are you talking about? And what alternatives to these programs would you recommend?

Last edited:

at least this administration has done so much to help supply in the world by shutting down domestic offshore production. we can thank him for that!

Offshore "production" is going along just fine. Risky offshore "deep water exploration" is being watched more closely for good reason...or did you miss the memo about last years oil spill?

Last edited:
Mike for evey one person that gets caught there are more who don't get caught. If there weren't so maentitlment programs there weren't be much fraud. How can you have fraud when the programs are gone?
It is difficult for me to weigh the validity of what you're saying because I don't know what programs you recommend doing away with.

There is an element of confusion where your use of the word entitlements is concerned. I presently receive Social Security. I am entitled to it because I paid into the the program throughout my working life. Do you disagree? If so, specifically what entitlement programs are you talking about? And what alternatives to these programs would you recommend?

Let's start with welfare, no one unless they are physcally unable to work should be on welfare more than 6 mnonths. and children are not a henderance, if they are stop having them.

The only people who should be recieving government assistancew are the elderly children who have lost their parents, and if you have fallen on hard times at no fault of your own such as layoff's from your job. You have lifer's in the system that able to work.

Social Security is not an entitlement program, it's more like a saving's account it's your money

Let's start with welfare, no one unless they are physcally unable to work should be on welfare more than 6 mnonths. and children are not a henderance, if they are stop having them.

The only people who should be recieving government assistancew are the elderly children who have lost their parents, and if you have fallen on hard times at no fault of your own such as layoff's from your job. You have lifer's in the system that able to work.

Social Security is not an entitlement program, it's more like a saving's account it's your money
I can't disagree with your complaint but the problem rests in identifying those who are categorically unworthy of receiving public assistance and may productively be removed from the rolls.

I'm not sure if the same rule is still in force but the New York City Department of Welfare adopted a rule back in the seventies or eighties which held that if a woman became pregnant and gave birth while receiving public assistance there would be no increase in her monthly subsistence allotment and no post-natal aid -- but the City would pay for abortions. That productive ruling came about as the result of a cost reduction study by newly-elected Mayor Koch.

I recall that one of the findings of that study was the cost (including salaries, benefits and pension projections) of hiring the number of case-workers and investigators needed to identify most unnecessary and fraudulent disbursements would counterproductively exceed the estimated amount of unnecessary and fraudulent disbursements.

Another counterproductive approach to reduction of disbursement referred to the category of welfare recipients who appear to be employable but in fact are not for reasons ranging from mental deficiency and severe sociopathology to extensive criminal background. It is believed that if such individuals are deprived of assistance they will resort to crime to survive and in addition to the suffering of their victims the cost of arresting, trying and imprisoning those who are apprehended would substantially exceed the public assistance disbursement.

That is a Catch-22 worthy of considering. Because aside from welfare or prison the only other alternative where certain dysfunctional members of society are concerned is genocide. And I'll ask what your thoughts are about that.

Last edited:

I can't disagree with your complaint but the problem rests in identifying those who are categorically unworthy of receiving public assistance and may be productively removed from the rolls.

I'm not sure if the same rule is still in force but the New York City Department of Welfare adopted a rule back in the seventies or eighties which held that if a woman became pregnant and gave birth while receiving public assistance there would be no increase in her monthly subsistence allotment and no post-natal aid. That productive ruling came about as the result of a cost reduction study by newly-elected Mayor Koch.

I recall that one of the findings of that study was the cost (including salaries, benefits and pension projections) of hiring the number of case-workers and investigators needed to identify most unnecessary and fraudulent disbursements would counterproductively exceed the estimated amount of unnecessary and fraudulent disbursements.

Another counterproductive approach to reduction of disbursement referred to the category of welfare recipients who appear to be employable but in fact are not for reasons ranging from mental deficiency and severe sociopathology to extensive criminal background. It is believed that if such individuals are deprived of assistance they will resort to crime to survive and in addition to the suffering of their victims the cost of arresting, trying and imprisoning those who are apprehended would substantially exceed the public assistance disbursement.

That is a Catch-22 worthy of considering. Because aside from welfare or prison the only other alternative where certain dysfunctional members of society are concerned is genocide. And I'll ask what your thoughts are about that.

Hopw is it hard to define? Age and unable to get out of bed parlized from the neck down. or mental retardation. Those are my cut off

Forum List

Back