Franklin Roosevelt's Infatuation

How many times has Congress investigated Pearl Harbor?
Reggie...do you believe everything Congress says, just like you believe what every statist government paid historian says?
The point: was Pearl Harbor investigated when the Republicans were in power? I think both parties investigated and Pearl may be the most investigated event in US history save for Obama being a citizen. Leave out one little verifiable fact re Pearl Harbor and the whole thing changes.
A number of historians are retired and a number have never worked for universities, and a larger number would lose status if they wrote Mickey Mouse history with sources that could not be verified as valid by other historians. Might check how conservative historians have rated FDR or even a Wall Street poll, usually third best.
A few historians have rated FDR on one characteristic, say moral leadership, by John Miller who rated FDR a failure on that issue.

Roosevelt "Day on Infamy" speech, draft November 30, 1941

Yesterday, (Jap fleet scheduled to arrive between December 5 to December 7), a day which will live in infamy

Looks like things haven't change much

I heard an interview this morn on Imus, with "Douglas Brinkley (born December 14, 1960) is an American author, professor of history at Rice University and a fellow at the James Baker Institute for Public Policy. Brinkley is the history commentator for CNN News..."
Douglas Brinkley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is one of this 'historians' that reggie allows to do his thinking for him....and Brinkley was spouting outright lies about the 'wonderful' Franklin Roosevelt, Pearl Harbor, and Normandy.

No, nothing has changed.
And in your "think history" mode you decided he lied?

FDR lied the US into WWII
FDR attacked a country that did not attack the US.
FDR locked up American citizens in camps to give loyalty tests
FDR built the military industrial complex that the far left wants to dismantle.

FDR created the Welfare state
FDR created Social Security
FDR initiated the income tax to pay for the war.

The latter three were sold to the American Public as being a temporary solution.

Not to mention many of his programs were considered unconstitutional. So he set out to replace the judges that were against him..

Please find a prominent place for this, in your list of flagitious endeavors: more than any other President, Roosevelt ended the guidance of the Constitution.

You are wasting your time. You are talking to a group of people who idealize men like Che Guevara and Moa and Lenin. These people are fascists and murders without any regard to natural rights.

The latter three were sold to the American Public as being a temporary solution.

Not to mention many of his programs were considered unconstitutional. So he set out to replace the judges that were against him..

Please find a prominent place for this, in your list of flagitious endeavors: more than any other President, Roosevelt ended the guidance of the Constitution.

You are wasting your time. You are talking to a group of people who idealize men like Che Guevara and Moa and Lenin. These people are fascists and murders without any regard to natural rights.

This is my mission: provide the truth that government schooling hides.

Fight 24/7 taxpayer funded indoctrination in public schools?

Good luck with that.

Good luck with that.
She will not do it with the conspiracy nonsense and trash she spews here all the time. Accurate history can only be obtained by the use of provable objective methods of research. It can not be obtained by weaving together subjective speculation and opinion.

Good luck with that.
She will not do it with the conspiracy nonsense and trash she spews here all the time. Accurate history can only be obtained by the use of provable objective methods of research. It can not be obtained by weaving together subjective speculation and opinion.

"Accurate history can only be obtained by the use of provable objective methods of research."

And that is exactly why I am always correct.

Glad you noticed.

[
More at the link, if you are man enough to face reality...
bionic mosquito: The Pearl Harbor Myth: Rethinking the Unthinkable

I went to the link- which is a book review of the Pearl Harbor Myth.

Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't allow us to read Chapter 13- which is the meat of the author's proposal that FDR knew that the attack on Pearl Harbor was coming, and the book report lists only some unattributed claims.

To you- 'reality' is one man's book- which may- or may not represent the historical facts.

Oh- but it is interesting that the author of the book is quite an FDR fan.....

This is a link to an interview with the author done in 2007. He confirms that his works are considered conspiracy theories and not accepted by acknowledged historians. Upon reading some reviews, it is easy to see why historians would reject his works. Many of the so-called facts he relies on are not facts at all, but rather the authors own speculative conclusions, the very definition of what makes a conspiracy and or a revisionist work instead of an actual history.

equaltimeforfreethought.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/Transcript.pdf

Good luck with that.

"Accurate history can only be obtained by the use of provable objective methods of research."

Glad you noticed.

You can not sprinkle unreliable and invalid sources with cherry picked distortions from valid ones and make those claims. We have been through this many times. If your sourcing would be rejected for use at colleges and universities if is fair to reject it under any circumstances.

Good luck with that.

Glad you noticed.

You can not sprinkle unreliable and invalid sources with cherry picked distortions from valid ones and make those claims. We have been through this many times. If your sourcing would be rejected for use at colleges and universities if is fair to reject it under any circumstances.

Need another beating?

Sure thing....

Eisenhower and Patton: Their Motives, and Their Rewards | Page 3 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I have to admit I love showing how much more I know than you do.

Good luck with that.

Glad you noticed.

Need another beating?

Sure thing....

Eisenhower and Patton: Their Motives, and Their Rewards | Page 3 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I have to admit I love showing how much more I know than you do.

Hilarious- PC quoting himself.

What an idiot.

[
More at the link, if you are man enough to face reality...
bionic mosquito: The Pearl Harbor Myth: Rethinking the Unthinkable

I went to the link- which is a book review of the Pearl Harbor Myth.

Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't allow us to read Chapter 13- which is the meat of the author's proposal that FDR knew that the attack on Pearl Harbor was coming, and the book report lists only some unattributed claims.

To you- 'reality' is one man's book- which may- or may not represent the historical facts.

Oh- but it is interesting that the author of the book is quite an FDR fan.....

This is a link to an interview with the author done in 2007. He confirms that his works are considered conspiracy theories and not accepted by acknowledged historians. Upon reading some reviews, it is easy to see why historians would reject his works. Many of the so-called facts he relies on are not facts at all, but rather the authors own speculative conclusions, the very definition of what makes a conspiracy and or a revisionist work instead of an actual history.

equaltimeforfreethought.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/Transcript.pdf

Great find- and in his interview- what did he say?

Victor:
I want to add something. A few times, you referred to what Roosevelt knew
of the intelligence of the coming attack. We don't have data on what he knew specifically.
We do know that every day, intelligence officers of the Army and Navy came to him with
intelligence that had arrived since the day before. And we know that that included warnings of
the coming attack. But we're not in a position to say what Roosevelt knew at one point or
another point. That cannot be documented day by day.

Forum List

Back