Franklin Armory

I have no problem with this new trigger system - the ATF has given it their blessing, but I wouldn't have any use for it. I never cared for automatic weapons, too damned hard to hit much with (that and I'm not the good a marksman ;) )

But seriously, I can barely afford ammo now - can't afford to spend ten times what I'm spending now - my Wife would wear the rifle out on my head. :)

Have fun with 'em guys! I remember BCT before heading out to ROV. The M60s and the M2s were fun as hell to shoot, but (at least for me) got old as hell real quick - and the ammo was free...... :)

No need to go full auto. The real use is the double tap used in three gun competitions.

I have no problem with this new trigger system - the ATF has given it their blessing, but I wouldn't have any use for it. I never cared for automatic weapons, too damned hard to hit much with (that and I'm not the good a marksman ;) )

But seriously, I can barely afford ammo now - can't afford to spend ten times what I'm spending now - my Wife would wear the rifle out on my head. :)

Have fun with 'em guys! I remember BCT before heading out to ROV. The M60s and the M2s were fun as hell to shoot, but (at least for me) got old as hell real quick - and the ammo was free...... :)

No need to go full auto. The real use is the double tap used in three gun competitions.

"Double Tapping" ( firing two rounds ) creates a larger wound channel, a larger permanent wound cavity ( and creates more pressure inside the chest ) ; thus increasing the chances for stopping the assailant. Where as one round would just wound and create the possibility that the assailant would get a chance to shoot more rounds from a firearm.....or still be a threat ( explosive or bomb detonation ).

Shadow 355

"Double Tapping" ( firing two rounds ) creates a larger wound channel, a larger permanent wound cavity ( and creates more pressure inside the chest ) ; thus increasing the chances for stopping the assailant. Where as one round would just wound and create the possibility that the assailant would get a chance to shoot more rounds from a firearm.....or still be a threat ( explosive or bomb detonation ).

Shadow 355

......which of course is why they use it in three gun.

Gonna be sweet with my baby.....
View attachment 69924

We smoke the same brand of cigarettes but we do not have the same gun. How far can a lit cigarette be seen on a moonless and starless night with the naked eye? The horizon which is 11 miles.

Thats when you break out the ..
upload_2016-4-5_10-41-46.png

C'mon guys, I know what the "reasoning" for the trigger is :)

I also know what the vast majority of buyers will "use" it for :)

It's all good.

C'mon guys, I know what the "reasoning" for the trigger is :)

I also know what the vast majority of buyers will "use" it for :)

It's all good.

It's a fun switch....

There is a video out there where a guy uses one for 3 gun and he increased his times substantially.....not that I'll be using it that way.:biggrin:

Truthfully i'm more interested in the double tap and the increased accuracy and control you get over bump firing.
Although i'm pretty sure there will be some mag dumps occasionally....maybe.:eusa_whistle:

The Trigger came in yesterday,while I was off running errands of course,but after a quick trip to the local post office and twenty minutes of tinkering the trigger is installed.
Gotta say it was very simple other than a little messing around with spring loaded parts while installing the selector/safety switch through the lower and the trigger pack.
It comes with shims,i'm assuming for none milspec rifles,but mine went in without the shims and was a perfect fit.
Put it through all it's function tests and it worked flawlessly,i'll know if I need to go with a stiffer buffer spring and or a low mass bolt after I run a few mags through it.

I see a LOT of negligent discharges happening with a trigger like this. These devices need extensive training on them to be used properly.

I see a LOT of negligent discharges happening with a trigger like this. These devices need extensive training on them to be used properly.

And I'm just the guy to give that training.
The system is really easy to use if you have half a brain although it can and will get some revisions as time goes by.

The system is really easy to use if you have half a brain although it can and will get some revisions as time goes by.

I'm not worried about someone like me. I'm worried about the average user and the shoot on release aspect of the trigger. All it takes is a momentary lapse and a round is sent downrange. Not a problem if all the handling rules are followed, but a big problem if they aren't. There was a shotgun trigger a few decades back that fired on release. I can't remember how many of those I saw discharged by accident. They outlawed them at every club I was a member of.

I'm not worried about someone like me. I'm worried about the average user and the shoot on release aspect of the trigger. All it takes is a momentary lapse and a round is sent downrange. Not a problem if all the handling rules are followed, but a big problem if they aren't. There was a shotgun trigger a few decades back that fired on release. I can't remember how many of those I saw discharged by accident. They outlawed them at every club I was a member of.

There are almost zero ranges that will let you rapid fire.
Which of course is why I avoid them like the plague.
I only shoot with friends who know their shit soI really dont worry about idiots.

I've been wondering...I don't go to the range, I step out my door. But it started me thinking, with this new trigger (and the fact that it is legal) I wonder if ranges (both indoor and outdoor) would have a problem with someone lighting up a target?

I have to believe that they probably would have a heart attack if someone did "let her fly". :)

I've been wondering...I don't go to the range, I step out my door. But it started me thinking, with this new trigger (and the fact that it is legal) I wonder if ranges (both indoor and outdoor) would have a problem with someone lighting up a target?

I have to believe that they probably would have a heart attack if someone did "let her fly". :)

Yeah...no....they wont let you light it up.
Which is why I refuse to go to the average range.

I do, however, agree with westwall - there is a good possibility that (at a range setting) someone might get hurt. If nothing else than it goes against common sense. release the trigger and it resets - not fires another round. With the bump stock - you had to develop a rhythm between the stock and the trigger....took a little getting used to.

Now, on the other hand, if you are out in the country - probably no harm. but still......

I do, however, agree with westwall - there is a good possibility that (at a range setting) someone might get hurt. If nothing else than it goes against common sense. release the trigger and it resets - not fires another round. With the bump stock - you had to develop a rhythm between the stock and the trigger....took a little getting used to.

Now, on the other hand, if you are out in the country - probably no harm. but still......

Oh believe me I've put some thought into the dangers.
Think about it like this...
After sending a round down range would you ever,I mean ever, turn around with your finger still squeezing the trigger and point that loaded weapon in a dangerous direction?
I cant think of a single instance where i'd do that. SOP..for me anyway,is to take my finger out of the trigger guard and safe the weapon while it's pointed down range and in the dirt before ever turning around.
I just cant think of a reason or way you could have an accidental discharge.

Forum List

Back