Frankenfish Threatening Great Lakes Ecosystem

OCA said:
Here in Maryland we've already had a problem with these boogers. If and when you hook one these damn things can survive out of water for an extended period of time and are so vicious that they will actually maneuver on land and come after you, scary shit.

WTF.. oh shit..i'd be taking a mean ass weapon with me going fishing around those parts.. they look like the damn evil fish from mario and sonic games...

Yeah the teeth on these things are enormous, its actually hard to catch one on a rod because with their strike they cut the line with their teeth. But yeah the original guy who caught the first one which set the eradication effort in motion said the damn thing actually came at him and he had to beat the bastard with a log to stop it.

Now here in Maryland they will pay you if you catch one and turn it in.

The Department of Natural Resources here in Georgia have a pretty good program
of management to prevent the spread or introduction of varmints like this.
It's illegal to catch a fish in one lake and release it in another. It's also
illegal to dump your left-over live bait (minnows) in the lake. So far so good.

Mr. P said:
The Department of Natural Resources here in Georgia have a pretty good program
of management to prevent the spread or introduction of varmints like this.
It's illegal to catch a fish in one lake and release it in another. It's also
illegal to dump your left-over live bait (minnows) in the lake. So far so good.

In Asia these things are considered a delicacy and best they can figure is somebody imported somehow some live ones, didn't want them anymore and dumped into the river system.

OCA said:
In Asia these things are considered a delicacy and best they can figure is somebody imported somehow some live ones, didn't want them anymore and dumped into the river system.
And they probably were not even fishermen. Yea, typical. I hope the water here in the South is just to warm for em.

OCA said:
anything is a delicacy in asia!
but that is a no shit looking fish. ranks up there with gar and dogfish inthe looks department.

Forum List

Back