Franken Wins Major Victory In Absentee Count

NOBama

Sep 23, 2008
Al Franken received a potentially major boost towards his hopes of becoming Senator on Friday, when Minnesota state officials ruled that absentee ballots rejected because of clerical or administrative errors should, in the end, be counted.

The decision by the state canvassing board -- which was unanimous -- is, essentially, an official request for county officials to go back and count the wrongfully rejected absentee votes. This process has already begun in many counties and could portend sizeable gains for Franken.

The Democratic challenger has spent the past few weeks demanding that the state review the approximately 1,500 absentee ballots that they contend were unlawfully dismissed. Many of these votes have come from traditionally Democratic locales where, for one reason or another, voters are more likely to make clerical errors when completing their ballots.

More

"UPDATE: The Franken campaign got more good news from the canvass board hearing. The state had, during the recount process, been unable to locate 133 ballots from the Minneapolis area. But rather than disregarding these votes, officials decided that they will use the results from Election Day."

LMAO!

I seriously doubt the results of this election will ever be something anyone who cares about democracy will feel good about.

More

"UPDATE: The Franken campaign got more good news from the canvass board hearing. The state had, during the recount process, been unable to locate 133 ballots from the Minneapolis area. But rather than disregarding these votes, officials decided that they will use the results from Election Day."

LMAO!

Total bullshit.

When my conservative side gets depressed thinking of Bush, I remind myself of a few things, Frank. Pelosi, Gore and yes, Franken!

In other words, someone is always worse off!

Exactly how does one "recount" ballots that do not exist? The second ruling is illegal as hell. Unless a ballot exists then one doe not just go with election night count, DUH , if we did that, WHY have a recount?

When my conservative side gets depressed thinking of Bush, I remind myself of a few things, Frank. Pelosi, Gore and yes, Franken!

In other words, someone is always worse off!

You KNEW Franken was going to pull something out of his backside to steal this.

But I take exception to your including him with Frank, Pelosi and Gore. Those are just your average, run-of-the-mill leftwingnuts. Franken makes them look like 1930's Republicans.

It's good to know that not only NJ is a piece of shit state.

Err, I don't know...maybe it isn't good to know.

And Coleman is being investigated by the FBI....

Fox 9’s Tom Lyden reports that U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman and his wife, Laurie, were in the midst of a major home remodeling project in the spring of 2007, at the same time that a Texas firm controlled by Coleman benefactor Nasser Kazeminy was making payments to the insurance firm where Laurie Coleman works. The $328,000 project, which included the kitchen seen in a campaign ad, went over budget by $86,000 — a sum that is in the range of the amount that Deep Marine Technology directed to Laurie Coleman’s employer, the Hays Companies ($75,000, plus another $25,000 payment that was canceled).

So there is a circumstantial link between the payments and the house costs, a potential motive for Kazeminy to steer a sum like that to the Colemans, as two lawsuits allege and the FBI is now looking into. (The Republican senator has denied the charge and welcomed the investigation.) But it’s not yet a “gotcha” — as Lyden admits in a blog post. Like MnIndy, Fox 9 had been sniffing around Colemans’ remodeling project in relation to the Texas charges since before Election Day. Video, transcript and property tax record after the jump.

Another interesting tidbit: The Colemans paid a campaign donor $33,000 for design services on the project.

Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media. » Coleman’s remodeling project grew just as Texas firm paid his wife’s firm

You KNEW Franken was going to pull something out of his backside to steal this.

But I take exception to your including him with Frank, Pelosi and Gore. Those are just your average, run-of-the-mill leftwingnuts. Franken makes them look like 1930's Republicans.

Hmmm .............. or the early 60's Kennedy's and Chicago thugs! ???

If you noticed, I held Franken's name for last!

And Coleman is being investigated by the FBI....

Fox 9’s Tom Lyden reports that U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman and his wife, Laurie, were in the midst of a major home remodeling project in the spring of 2007, at the same time that a Texas firm controlled by Coleman benefactor Nasser Kazeminy was making payments to the insurance firm where Laurie Coleman works. The $328,000 project, which included the kitchen seen in a campaign ad, went over budget by $86,000 — a sum that is in the range of the amount that Deep Marine Technology directed to Laurie Coleman’s employer, the Hays Companies ($75,000, plus another $25,000 payment that was canceled).

So there is a circumstantial link between the payments and the house costs, a potential motive for Kazeminy to steer a sum like that to the Colemans, as two lawsuits allege and the FBI is now looking into. (The Republican senator has denied the charge and welcomed the investigation.) But it’s not yet a “gotcha” — as Lyden admits in a blog post. Like MnIndy, Fox 9 had been sniffing around Colemans’ remodeling project in relation to the Texas charges since before Election Day. Video, transcript and property tax record after the jump.

Another interesting tidbit: The Colemans paid a campaign donor $33,000 for design services on the project.

Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media. » Coleman’s remodeling project grew just as Texas firm paid his wife’s firm

I don't understand this. Someone wants to remodel a gorgeous house. Ok, great. How much is it going to cost and how long will it take?

You get that on paper in writing and proceed if acceptable. If it costs more than they said it would, you take them to court. You don't just get $86,000 out of public programs and funnel it to the remodeling project for your house!!

I don't understand this. Someone wants to remodel a gorgeous house. Ok, great. How much is it going to cost and how long will it take?

You get that on paper in writing and proceed if acceptable. If it costs more than they said it would, you take them to court. You don't just get $86,000 out of public programs and funnel it to the remodeling project for your house!!

Coleman is under investigation by the FBI, and the rightees are complaining about Franken.

It never ends!

People do realize that Coleman has also won a substantial amount of recovered votes, (contrary to the assertion that he hasn't recovered any), and that in many cases, there would have been a far more statistical improbable result had Franken not recovered votes, correct?

People do realize that Coleman has also won a substantial amount of recovered votes, (contrary to the assertion that he hasn't recovered any), and that in many cases, there would have been a far more statistical improbable result had Franken not recovered votes, correct?
the difference being, franken is getting "recovered votes" where no other democrat is getting any

The governor of Minnesota is a Republican.

The recount is being watched by both sides.

Coleman is the one under investigation by the FBI.

I wonder how much a Senate seat costs in Minnesota as compared with Illinois?

Too bad the Coleman FBI investigation wasn't revealed before the election or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Forum List

Back