Franken votes against Bernanke confirmation

I do not like Frankin. However his voting record so far I like.
LOL of course he is just starting, plenty of time for him to screw up and lose my valuable praise.

Last edited:
Independent Senator Bernie Sanders was among Bernanke’s most vocal opponents.

Sen. Bernie Sanders: “I think ordinary people do not understand, average American citizens have a hard time understanding how we reward failure, how we say to someone who was asleep at the switch in terms of regulating our financial institutions, ‘Congratulations! You failed, there’s a major recession, you’re getting reappointed!’ I don’t think people understand why or how that should happen.”

Democracy Now! | Headlines for January 29, 2010

So, who did vote for this loser?

I have to admit, I am glad to see him voting as he believes as opposed to what the party wants him to vote for or against. That is what the people of his state voted for, not for another vote the party line Democrat. He is fairly liberal on most topics, so on many of those I will disagree with him. That being said, I do agree with that vote even though it really didn't matter anyway.

-TSO

It's things like these I believe that makes Franken continue to surprise people. From all the media reports so far since he's taken office, I've heard nothing but good things. And I always happen to read stories from people who meet the senator in person and say he takes the time to listen to them and acts like a regular person.

"Acts" being the operative word, although I would have one question for Senator Franken if I was ever unfortunate enough to find myself in the same room with the lunatic, which would be ....

"Hey Al, how's that grand plan to take over talk radio from the conservatives by storm workin' out?"

Franken is a buck toothed moron and opportunist of the first order. This vote is meaningless--Bernanke was going to get confirmed anyway. But it allows him to look all populist and "for the people."
What a faker. Only a noob like Dogshit would be taken in by this.

No vote is meaningless. It's called having something principles, something you lack.

And you're calling me a Noob Mr. September 2009? :rofl:

Last edited:
Probably the only time i will ever agree with Franken on anything. I don't believe he is a legitimate Senator though. I believe he stole that election up there in Minnesota. That being said,shame on all those who voted to confirm Bernanke.

Last edited:
While I think Franken's logic, or lack of same is lame, I think he came down on the right side of this. Beranake did his job in such a way that the meltdown occurred. That he seems to have handled it as well as could be done is not really an argument in his favor. One would not say of the engineers at Chernobyl who made the accident happen should be promoted because they worked real hard at putting the fire out. Darwin took care of them, so in that case the argument was moot. But giving Beranake a second term because he did well in an emergency he was responsible for is unclear thinking.

Forum List

Back