Franken votes against Bernanke confirmation

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Franken votes against Bernanke confirmation | Polinaut | Minnesota Public Radio

And here is a statement from Franken:

"Working Minnesotans deserve to have the same or better protections from the Federal Reserve than Wall Street and the big banks. But that isn't currently the case in our financial system and it hasn't been the case in our response to the financial meltdown of 2008. I opposed the bailout because I didn't believe it afforded enough taxpayer protections, and that's why I oppose this nomination today.

"A strong Consumer Financial Protection Agency and other consumer protections are essential to securing our economy for Main Street and the middle class. I needed to know that a robust CFPA would be a part of financial regulatory reform in order to support Chairman Bernanke's confirmation to a second term. As governor of the Federal Reserve and then Chairman of the Federal Reserve, Bernanke did almost nothing to protect consumers and when he did, it was too late. I needed the assurance that would improve. And I didn't get that.

"While I voted for cloture because I believed this nomination deserved an up or down vote, I couldn't in good conscience support it."

It's things like these I believe that makes Franken continue to surprise people. From all the media reports so far since he's taken office, I've heard nothing but good things. And I always happen to read stories from people who meet the senator in person and say he takes the time to listen to them and acts like a regular person.

:thup: for Senator Franken.

Because let's face it, He's Good Enough, He's Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Him. :razz:

Last edited:
Even if every one of Frankin's votes are with the republicans they will still hate him becuase he is a Demoncrat.

Pretty funny.

LOL, Franken thinks the Federal Reserve should protect consumers.

Lord amighty where do you find them?

Dem Think Tank and Brain Trust: Franken, Olbermann, Jon Stewart

Franken is a buck toothed moron and opportunist of the first order. This vote is meaningless--Bernanke was going to get confirmed anyway. But it allows him to look all populist and "for the people."
What a faker. Only a noob like Dogshit would be taken in by this.

Not because he's a DEM... you imbecile... because he is a dumbass thinking he can play a Senator

Thanks for proving my point.

We have lots of dumbasses in govt on both sides.

No doubt there are dumb asses in every party.. don't take a way from the fact that Franken is their king

In your opinion.

him being a dumbass king indicates the other dumbasses in govt follow Frankin. Is that the case?

I'm not a Franken fan by any means but in this instance I have to agree with him.

Bernanke was in the middle of everything that went down during the meltdown. This guy and Geitner were supposed to be oversite. They didn't do their jobs. Now they are in OL'BO's posse. Doesn't make sense to me.

I agree with Franken as well. He's one who is actually voting for his state and not just his party. You can't say that about any Republican and only a handful of Democrats.

I agree with Franken as well. He's one who is actually voting for his state and not just his party. You can't say that about any Republican and only a handful of Democrats.

Wow.. you prove your ignorance, hyper-partisanship, and stupidity in just 2 sentences....

Shadupp, you prove your ignorance in every freaking post.

Franken needs to go back to Minnesota and tell everybody there they made a big mistake when they elected him and he should sincerely ask for forgiveness. Then resign.

Wow.. you prove your ignorance, hyper-partisanship, and stupidity in just 2 sentences....

Shadupp, you prove your ignorance in every freaking post.

So link proof to your contention that NO reps vote for their state or constituents.... show proof that that is what Franken is doing

we'll be waiting

What it really is is you trying to take a made up scenario based on your hyper-partisanship and proclaim it as some sort of truth

You're a fucking tool, Sarah

As big of a douche as I believe Franken to be, he got this one right. This guy should have been dumped.

Forum List

Back