Franken Must Resign

so - let me get this straight cause this is how it reads.

leave franken alone if you don't live in his state
fuck moore and get rid of him.

am i understanding you correctly?

Nope.

I'll run it again for the 721st time --- Al Franken's future is up to the people of Minnesota. Roy Moore's prospects are up to the people of Alabama. In both cases that's who they work for or would work for.

The OP lives in neither of those states. He's in Florida. And we're still waiting over 100 posts later for him to justify his OP.

But Mudwhistle up there thinks we can't even TALK about it. Ironically --- he's not in Alabama either.
we do tend to go from talking about it to saying HE MUST GO and the lines blur. i agree we can and should talk about these things but the extreme justice w/o proof, just emo, is bullshit.

Agreed, and here's an OP insisting a Senator from a state a thousand miles away from him "must resign", and can point to no reason other than a conflict that's already been settled to the satisfaction of both parties.
I think Franken should resign because he has a past that can be used to embarrass him with. He could easily become a security risk.

That's something that can only apply to..... let's see, carry the zero...... I make it one hundred Senators, exactly.
So many :ahole-1: s.....so little time. :clap2:

Franken must resign. Conyers resigning. San Diego Mayor Bob Filner resigned. Representative Tim Murphy resigned. Nevada Representative Ruben Kihuen was ordered to resign by House Representative Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic leader. Lauer is out. Rose got the boot.

Not fair to them if Franken stays.

as soon as Donald and roy resign
Roy doesn't have to....he hasn't been elected yet. :coffee:

`
Don't you want to talk about Roy Moore's judicial misconduct in which he violated the US Constitution whereby he was forcibly removed from office twice? That's a lot more serious as a matter of public trust insofar that if he swears an oath to the Constitution again, after he violated that same oath twice, there is a high likelihood, he will violate it again.

You keep posting this over and over. Without ever specifying what you are talking about. Is this about him wanting to keep a carving of the Ten Commandments in the Alabama court house where it had been forever? Seems a very reasonable point of view to me. I'm not for removing all the statues of Lee and Washington and Jefferson from Richmond, either. None of those issues are constitutional issues.

There were ten senators calling for Franken's resignation at 1 PM: Now there are 20, last time I looked at the news at 2 PM. I think he'll have to go --- he said he'd make a statement tomorrow.

Commentators are saying this is house-cleaning so the Dems can rail nonstop against Moore: they believe he will get into the Senate, win the special election. They can't complain about him (or continue the dirty complaining about Trump) with Franken hanging over them. Same deal in the House, so all the known offenders are being kicked out.

Could be. Makes more sense than pure hysteria, because Franken's offenses weren't even very remarkable or serious.

Really? I think we have proof of Franken's sexual harassment. Moore? None.
`
`

Aside from Moore's sexual misconduct is also the fact that twice, he was forcibly removed from being a judge because of his failure to follow the constitution of the United States which he swore an oath, to uphold. The man is not only a sexual deviant, he is absolutely and completely disloyal to this country and constitution.

I will point out that he was a Alabama Supreme Court Judge. The state of Alabama has a Constitution also. I suggest you reconsider your statements above in view of that fact.
He was Chief Justice, with a bad habit of disobey the law which he things is optional, like laws against trying to have sex with young teens apparently.

He has been accused of having sex with no teenagers. Isn't that what you meant to say?
No.

i can't for the life of me figure out why people are mad at a comedian for doing comedy type things - risque or otherwise we laughed at him (sometimes *with* him) on tv and hell, i'm laughing at him now in the same pathetic light. i don't like the man, i'd not vote for him if he were running in my district/state and i will never like him or see him NOT in diapers. (shudder)

as for some jacked up line of decency for politicians...

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that's funny.
If that's what people were mad about, I also wouldn't figure it out. Obviously, that's not what they're mad about. :rolleyes:

they're mad about whatever the wind blowing says to be mad at today. the #metoo movement is a huge "i wanna be a victim" action going on. usually it's very warranted. but there's also a lot of I WAS GROPED TOO DAMN IT SOMEONE PITY ME going on.

it's mob mentality justice - nothing more.
Victims are coming forward to let the world know it happens, that it's not made up. They aren't attention seeking. There are much more pleasant ways to do that. These women are obviously being called liars by people like you and having their names splashed around in the news. Not the way most women would choose to have a "pity party." Your attitude is dismissive of the true extent of this problem. As a woman, I can assure you that it is not being "over represented" by phony victims.
by and large i agree. but i also feel that things like this, racism and so forth - when people dogpile on these social issues i do see incidents where people want to be a part of that movement.

i am *NOT* being overly critical and do believe it to be an issue that needs attention. but when you give any topic this much attention, people are going to want their share. this is not absolved from that to me.

Forum List

Back