Franken may be considering a senate run

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051108/pl_nm/arts_franken_dc

Too early to tell whether he is serious or just joking around yet. I think its rather hilarious that he seems to think he has a serious shot. I have a feeling by 2008 Minnesota will be heavily trending Republican. I don't foresee Democrats getting back the seat they lost with the Wellstone memorial any time soon.

Laughed so hard I spit beer.

Then realised it wasn't a joke......... bummer

He considered this in 2004, realised that couldn't happen then. What's changed?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051108/pl_nm/arts_franken_dc

Too early to tell whether he is serious or just joking around yet. I think its rather hilarious that he seems to think he has a serious shot. I have a feeling by 2008 Minnesota will be heavily trending Republican. I don't foresee Democrats getting back the seat they lost with the Wellstone memorial any time soon.

I look forward to his run for president in 2020. He can get Ben Stein as his running mate. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm a little disappointed. I figured most of the people here were witty enough to appreciate this...guess I'll have to add a hint. Think bumper sticker! :)

MissileMan said:
I'm a little disappointed. I figured most of the people here were witty enough to appreciate this...guess I'll have to add a hint. Think bumper sticker! :)

I get it but Im not following the whole Ben Stein connection?? Peas from two different pods there...lol

Bonnie said:
I get it but Im not following the whole Ben Stein connection?? Peas from two different pods there...lol

He was the only well known Stein I could come up with at that moment. I can also picture him presiding over the Senate and uttering one of those flat "wow"s when someone proposed a resolution... :D

MissileMan said:
He was the only well known Stein I could come up with at that moment. I can also picture him presiding over the Senate and uttering one of those flat "wow"s when someone proposed a resolution... :D

Or better yet...

"Kennedy....anyone...anyone...Kennedy...anyone.."

MissileMan said:

The only reason Ben Stein would ever accept the position of Franken's running mate would be to sabotage the campaign from within. I saw the two debate each other in front of my very eyes at the University of Arkansas. Franken used so much rhetoric and so little facts and repeated himself over and over and over again that Stein finally lost it and said "F*ck you." Yep, no exclamation mark. It is Ben Stein, after all. Anyway, the only thing they agreed on is that parents are important people, and they didn't even fully agree how.

MissileMan said:

WEll okay then :teeth:

Franken may be considering a senate run

Too early to tell whether he is serious or just joking around yet. I think its rather hilarious that he seems to think he has a serious shot.

"After winning election by the narrowest of margins in 2008, Sen. Al Franken looked like one of the GOP’s most inviting Senate targets in 2014. But instead, the party is facing the reality that Franken is proving to be a much more resilient opponent than expected, and his uncontroversial first term is raising doubts about whether Republicans can even recruit a first-tier candidate against the former Saturday Night Live funnyman."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrPMsg-NLQ]Al Franken dissects Fox News Report - YouTube[/ame]

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

529.gif

SmileyFinger53.gif
SmileyFinger53.gif
SmileyFinger53.gif

Expect Franken to run for President