Frank Schaeffer on the Religious Right and Anti-Choice Violence

it's hard for me to take someone who accuses dick cheney of calling for the assassination of barack obama seriously.

i'm sure his book will do well, though.

he didn't say that...

what he said was that the rhetoric cheney is using is the type that triggers the wackos responses.

And it is...

All he was saying is that people are responsible for the logical AND INTENDED results of their rhetoric.

he didn't say that...

what he said was that the rhetoric cheney is using is the type that triggers the wackos responses.

i disagree. i'm paraphrasing but what he said was that cheney is knowingly using rhetoric that will egg on whackos to attempt to assassinate obama.

i'm sorry that his need to expiate the guilt he feels for his past actions leads him to make those kind of statements. his guilt is justified; his statement regarding cheney was not.

basically, once a nutbar, always a nutbar.

he didn't say that...

i disagree. i'm paraphrasing but what he said was that cheney is knowingly using rhetoric that will egg on whackos to attempt to assassinate obama.

i'm sorry that his need to expiate the guilt he feels for his past actions leads him to make those kind of statements. his guilt is justified; his statement regarding cheney was not.

if it isn't knowingly using the rhretoric, it sure as heck is using it without caring about how the nutters respond.

I don't think he's trying to "expiate his guilt", I think it's telling it like it is, same as other people who extricate themselves from cults.

he didn't say that...

if it isn't knowingly using the rhretoric, it sure as heck is using it without caring about how the nutters respond.

I don't think he's trying to "expiate his guilt", I think it's telling it like it is, same as other people who extricate themselves from cults.

well, i'd also dispute that cheney has said anything remotely close to calling for obama's assassination, "coded" or not.

when a person goes on national tv and spends the better part of ten minutes apologizing for his past actions, a reasonable person can infer that the expiation of guilt is a motivating factor.

of course, he does have a book to push as well, so i may be wrong.

you keep going to the book in an effort to de-legitimize what he's saying....

and instead of talking about ALL of the examples he gave, you picked the one which might be most open to disagreement.... I don't think that's helpful in terms of the responsibility of people for their own inflammatory rhetoric... which is really what he's talking about.

And I actually think Cheney has multiple motivations... but mostly to make sure that if we're attacked, he can say "I told you so"..... you know, get a little schadenfreude....

you keep going to the book in an effort to de-legitimize what he's saying....

and instead of talking about ALL of the examples he gave, you picked the one which might be most open to disagreement.... I don't think that's helpful in terms of the responsibility of people for their own inflammatory rhetoric... which is really what he's talking about.

And I actually think Cheney has multiple motivations... but mostly to make sure that if we're attacked, he can say "I told you so"..... you know, get a little schadenfreude....

are we going to hold everyone responsible for their inflammatory rhetoric or just those with whose positions we disagree?

This is a dangerous route to take. Talk about preliminary to a first amendment showdown. and a loser at that.

it's hard for me to take someone who accuses dick cheney of calling for the assassination of barack obama seriously.

i'm sure his book will do well, though.

I'll take it a step further. Anyone who would go on her show who claims to have had a "conversion" from the right is too stupid to know they are being used and has no credibility.

post one sentnce or paragraph where cheney calls for obama's assination, prove it up, don't make baseless claims, especially such libelous meadowmuffins...

don't forget biden even said the world will test obama, so biden predicted an attack if obama was elected, are you now going to claim biden is calling for obama's assination? and del has a point, are you going to hold all rhetoric equal or just rhetoric you disagree with...

he didn't say that...

And it is...

All he was saying is that people are responsible for the logical AND INTENDED results of their rhetoric.

Much like YOUR crackpot rhetoric is geared toward lefty wacko's much like yourself...you crack me up with your BS. :lol::cuckoo:

he didn't say that...

And it is...

Gee, could that have partisan? D'oh!

he didn't say that...

And it is...

But of course it is ....

Help! Help! The sky is falling! Again. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back