France's Tourism Ministry tries to improve image of France

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
Come on all, lets book our next vaction in France!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051208...M3gelIB;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

PARIS (Reuters) - France plans to spend a million euros to lure back foreign tourists after its image was damaged by pictures of burning cars and angry youths shown on televisions around the world during recent riots.

The Tourism Ministry said on Thursday it will take out advertisements in newspapers and travel websites, with one showing a couple embracing next to the Eiffel Tower.

The campaign will particularly target potential visitors from United States, Japan, China, Australia and Russia who France estimates are most sensitive to pictures of the violence that flared up in many of France's suburbs in November.

"In terms of image, the impact was inevitably negative for France," the ministry said in a statement.

The ministry said they had seen cancellations from Russia and Japan but said that Americans took more of a wait-and-see attitude toward their holidays.

Tourism accounted for 6.5 percent of gross domestic product in France last year and tourist expenditure totaled 95.8 billion euros, according to government figures.

The ministry said it will take out internet spots with the New York Times, the Boston Globe, the Chicago Tribune and the San Francisco Chronicle to win over the American market.

The rioting was blamed mostly on youths who feel excluded from mainstream society and who are frustrated by racism, harsh police treatment and high unemployment.

Nothing to see here, Eiffel Tower is THAT way ===>

Paris's new slogan

"We'll have a hot time in the ol' town tonight!!"

and ....

it used to be known as "The City of Light", now it's known as "The City that is alight"

The countryside of france is quite beautiful, from what I've heard. If I could assure isolation from as many native french people as possible, I would definitely consider going.

The ClayTaurus said:
The countryside of france is quite beautiful, from what I've heard. If I could assure isolation from as many native french people as possible, I would definitely consider going.

some of the French girls are foxes...I being born and raised in California and defecting to Nevada in latter years...I can honestly say that California Wine Country is just as beautiful as France....damn if they would just be more in line with proper hygein...maybe they have changed since the last time I visited France... was back about 1965! who knows maybe they are okay...the foxes that is! :eek:

The MSM fawns all over itself with this story about France spending big bucks to promote itself and win back tourists, while at the same time blasting the U.S. military for paying for positive stories in Iraq's newspapers. The famous double standard of the leftist media being blatantly employed again.

nosarcasm said:
you compare advertisement to propaganda. :wtf:

Not so. The goal of both is the same. But to the MSM's way of thinking, one is good and one is bad. BS! Stop spinning, Nosarcasm. No advertisement vs. propaganda in this case--well, maybe from the liberal's viewpoint.

dont get me wrong I support propaganda in Iraq. And it is not
the Goebbels type outright lie, more selective editing. Its part
of the struggle to convey our ideas to the Iraqis. It is just
shamefull it was exposed by the press. Maybe thats the price
of freedom at home.

I just would say advertisement, that often contains falsehood is in different league. Advertisement tells you its advertisement and you assume it is biased. Modern Propaganda doesnt tell you that, it comes in a form of a news article.

Now you might say the NYT is propaganda after my definition. :dev1:

The way I see this is that in both instances those involved are trying to sell something or get their story out. France is trying to sell and win support for its tourist industry from those living in the wealthier nations; the military is trying to sell and win support for the WOT from those living in the Muslim world. The impetus for both campaigns is the same--terrorist acts. The military campaign gets bad headlines and write-ups, while what France is doing is portrayed as trying to help itself recover from recent bad news coverage. The military is trying to help its cause by getting the positives out in the same way that France is. Overlooked in all this coverage is the fact that France paid for its tourism campaign, just the same as the military paid for its campaign.

Well, If you have so many wrong ideas about France, admit that I give the ideas about US people in Europe on this board : fat, dumb, stupid, noisy, eating all the days watching TV, creepy....and the girls, when they're not fat, are sluts. (they can be both)
I think you'll disagree with this. And you will be right. Same thing for French.

France :

they will definetly need more than 1mil euros...France has very little to offer...well except a few foxes who shave their armpit hair and use deodorant..

Were you already in FRance ? really very little to offer ? wow ! Are you drunk ? It's probably because we've so little to offer on our 500 000 km2 soil that we are the #1 country in the wolrd for tourism, and USA, with their 16 times greater soil, are behind France...

What I like in France, about the geography, is that there are many different panoramas : mountains (Alpes, Jura, Vosges, Pyrrénées.........), large plains, wide rivers.....and so many other things; In fact, in a quite small territory, there are awesome things.
And about the cultural aspects : so many monuments, castles, museum, nice place to visit......
when you drive in the France's campaign, there is always a castle, a trace from the past.

And about the riots :

international study about the most attractive cities : London is #1, Paris #2, just behind London. NY is #7.
So, the riots didn't scratch so much the feeling about Paris.

For you maybe, but for the largest part, you have bad feelings against France and French.
And like kids, when you don't like something, even for a wrong reason, you'll reject all from it, even if these things would be very good for you.

Visit France, you'ld not regret it.

Visit Paris, take at least the week, and after, travel trough the rest of the country :
Britanny, excellent, perfect food, nice places, good alcohols
Burgundy, awesome for wine and snails (taste it, you'll see, it's good in fact)
Alsace : a french-german culture, really nice, great food, white wine and beers.
Provence : the mediterranean side, with sun and pastis (local alcohol, great !), the food is also fantastic (I live in Aix, here).

In all the regions of France, there are specialities, very different things, and all are excellents. And you can't copare the food from Britanny with the one from Alsace, or Provence.

if you travel France, try to taste in each region the local food. It's a wonder, your mouth will be enlightened by these wonderful flavours ;)

(Here I only spoke about the food side, bu of course there is also the cultural and sightseeing side, greater than anywhere)

padisha emperor said:
Well, If you have so many wrong ideas about France, admit that I give the ideas about US people in Europe on this board : fat, dumb, stupid, noisy, eating all the days watching TV, creepy....and the girls, when they're not fat, are sluts. (they can be both)
I think you'll disagree with this. And you will be right. Same thing for French.

France :

Were you already in FRance ? really very little to offer ? wow ! Are you drunk ? It's probably because we've so little to offer on our 500 000 km2 soil that we are the #1 country in the wolrd for tourism, and USA, with their 16 times greater soil, are behind France...

What I like in France, about the geography, is that there are many different panoramas : mountains (Alpes, Jura, Vosges, Pyrrénées.........), large plains, wide rivers.....and so many other things; In fact, in a quite small territory, there are awesome things.
And about the cultural aspects : so many monuments, castles, museum, nice place to visit......
when you drive in the France's campaign, there is always a castle, a trace from the past.

And about the riots :

international study about the most attractive cities : London is #1, Paris #2, just behind London. NY is #7.

For you maybe, but for the largest part, you have bad feelings against France and French.
And like kids, when you don't like something, even for a wrong reason, you'll reject all from it, even if these things would be very good for you.

Visit Paris, take at least the week, and after, travel trough the rest of the country :
Alsace : a french-german culture, really nice, great food, white wine and beers.
Provence : the mediterranean side, with sun and pastis (local alcohol, great !), the food is also fantastic (I live in Aix, here).

In all the regions of France, there are specialities, very different things, and all are excellents. And you can't copare the food from Britanny with the one from Alsace, or Provence.

if you travel France, try to taste in each region the local food. It's a wonder, your mouth will be enlightened by these wonderful flavours ;)

(Here I only spoke about the food side, bu of course there is also the cultural and sightseeing side, greater than anywhere)

Being french must be like being an Amway representative (node in the socially based promotion and distribution network that is the genius of multlevel marketing). Look at this sissified stooge, going on and on about picturesque views and stinky cheese while the muslims are burning it all down.

rtwngAvngr said:
Being french must be like being an Amway representative (node in the socially based promotion and distribution network that is the genius of multlevel marketing). Look at this sissified stooge, going on and on about picturesque views and s :ali:

Uhhh, bonjour. They weren't muslims. They were frenchmen, who also happened to be mulsims. No connection. No connection at all, mon dieu es te, du tabarnac!

Said1 said:
Uhhh, bonjour. They weren't muslims. They were frenchmen, who also happened to be mulsims. No connection. No connection at all, mon dieu es te, du tabarnac!

They weren't muslim; they were poor. Everyone knows the two are mutually exclusive.
:smoke:

rtwngAvngr said:
They weren't muslim; they were poor. Everyone knows the two are mutually exclusive.
:smoke:

No. Everyone knows they were Frenchmen. Everything else is secondary and coincidental, es te. Get your head out of your patun! :D

I also like their term for ghetto - suburb, as if.

Said1 said:
No. Everyone knows they were Frenchmen. Everything else is secondary and coincidental, es te. Get your head out of your patun! :D

I also like their term for ghetto - suburb, as if.

Exactly. The problem should just not be analyzed in any depth at all. That might lead to doubleplusungood conclusions.

padisha emperor said:

France :

And about the riots :

Being french must be like being an Amway representative (node in the socially based promotion and distribution network that is the genius of multlevel marketing). Look at this sissified stooge, going on and on about picturesque views and stinky cheese while the muslims are burning it all down.
Amway has ripped off millions of people for several decades, to the tune of 10s of billions of dollars.

Amway is a scam, and here's why: Amway pays out as little money as they can get away with, so they support the higher level IBOs ripping off their downline via the tool scam.

As a result, about 99% of IBOs operate at a net loss, while the top 1% make several TIMES more from their Amway tool scam than from the Amway products. This was made illegal in the UK in 2008, but our FTC is unable to pull their heads out of their butts to stop it here.

Read about it on this website: thenetprofitgroup.yolasite.com and forward the information to everyone you know, so they don't get scammed.

Forum List

Back