France

Originally posted by Bushisdumb
You can't blame france for not wanting to kill people while Bush steals their resources. All of you who hate france because Bush tells you to can't think for yourselves and probably have mullets

Try real hard, I'm sure you are capable of saying something semi-intellegent.

Originally posted by AtlantaWalter
I have been trying to read a bit in every section of this fine forum but try as I might I cannot think of a single think to say about France except that we saved their asses from the Germans twice and I wish we hadn't.

I believe I'm finally willing to forgive France.

I must be fair, they are with us in Afganistan and Hati.

I also must admit to being a Francophone for Old France.

Originally posted by insein
When we say "Hate the french" it usually refers to their government. OBviously the government is not always representative of the people but there are alot of people over there that hate America for no good reason.

As for them not liking American tourists, perhaps they will like it if we were to place sanctions on their country to not allow Americans into their country similar to Cuba. I wonder how much money they would lose due to lack of tourism. Millions? Billions? They need to just keep their mouth shut about american tourists because that is one of their biggest industries.

There are always those who take the "hate the French" think literally. Besides in every place with tourism there are those who hate the fact that the tourists disrupt their peace and quiet, regardless of the fact that the same tourists give so many people work.

Hell, here in NZ where tourism is our biggest earner we still have the occasional redneck. It is true of everywhere.

But I think the main reason that some people really dislike American (and British) tourists is that most make no effort to fit in with the culture they are there to experience. When travelling overseas in a non-English speaking country it is always good to at least learn a phrase or two, people really appreciate it.

Anyway, USA would never place travel sanctions on France (which is impossible without saying the whole EU) as it is simply too popular.

Originally posted by Gop guy
I believe I'm finally willing to forgive France.

I must be fair, they are with us in Afganistan and Hati.

I also must admit to being a Francophone for Old France.

Everyone was supporting of the US in Afghanistan. It was a war on a place where most Islamic terrorists based themselves (plus the Taliban had been blowing up the big Buddhas).

Sadly Afghanistan has fallen by the way and much of it is now back in the hands of Taliban or local warlords. UN and American forces lack manpower and resources and the opium trade is bombing like it never did under the Taliban.

Originally posted by scubamike
There are always those who take the "hate the French" think literally. Besides in every place with tourism there are those who hate the fact that the tourists disrupt their peace and quiet, regardless of the fact that the same tourists give so many people work.

Hell, here in NZ where tourism is our biggest earner we still have the occasional redneck. It is true of everywhere.

But I think the main reason that some people really dislike American (and British) tourists is that most make no effort to fit in with the culture they are there to experience. When travelling overseas in a non-English speaking country it is always good to at least learn a phrase or two, people really appreciate it.

Anyway, USA would never place travel sanctions on France (which is impossible without saying the whole EU) as it is simply too popular.

Ha that is hillarious! They don't like us not assimilating their language when we go for a few weeks, but people can't even learn English when they come to LIVE here. People always expect to just come and bring their whole culture with them. I know its not you personally cause you would never come to live here, but it is so typical of do as i say not as i do mentality people have towards america.

Everyone was supporting of the US in Afghanistan. It was a war on a place where most Islamic terrorists based themselves (plus the Taliban had been blowing up the big Buddhas).

Sadly Afghanistan has fallen by the way and much of it is now back in the hands of Taliban or local warlords. UN and American forces lack manpower and resources and the opium trade is bombing like it never did under the Taliban.

Not quite my friend from down under. Afghanistan is still on its way to soveriegnty. The UN has registered over 3 million people to vote for the elections in September. While there are still some isolated areas of resistance just like in IRaq, it is far from a return of the Taliban regime.

As for most of the terrorists being there, you are correct. However Iraq had its fair share of terrorist groups within its borders as well as Al Queda training camps. Also the evidence of Weapons programs and traces of chemical agents used in creating Bio-Weapons have been found. Its only a matter of time. As more and more of Saddam's personal files come to light, we see just how right we were about our reasons for going to war.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Reasonable replies are no good for this guy Insein, he is out to discredit America with about all his posts!

I understand this. But by giving him reasonable replies without antagonistic namecalling, im proving his points wrong with simply a demeanor. The facts speak for themselves, but if im shoving it down his throat, he might not have time to read them. But if he continues to be ignorant and high and mighty, i might have to resort to the same tactics i usualy employ with trolls.

Originally posted by insein
Not quite my friend from down under. Afghanistan is still on its way to soveriegnty. The UN has registered over 3 million people to vote for the elections in September. While there are still some isolated areas of resistance just like in IRaq, it is far from a return of the Taliban regime.

I merely said some areas were under Taliban control. Unless the international forces there pull out the regime will never be able to return.
It is a shame that there has been a lack of effort on the Afghanistan front. Whatever happened to "whatever it takes"? Those in charge over there are complaining about lack of resources but aren't getting the help they need.
Meanwhile opium production is way up and the warlords are using the profits to carve out their own little niches.

Both the US and the UN have a responsibility for Afghanistan. The Afghans have had a real rough time over the last century, poor bastards deserve some peace.

Right, so the whole bit about "whatever it takes to build a free and independent Afghanistan, we will do it" was a crock of horseshit, or?

Sure they are better off but the complete lack of effort is appalling. Why do something well, when you can do it half-arsed. Actually, I saw a Simpsons episode on the idea. Apparently "it's the American way..." - Matt Groening.

As for learning the language where you are going. Hell, just "hello" and "thanks" gets a positive result, you don't need to be fluent, just show you have at least skimmed a phrasebook at some point in your life.

Both the US and the UN have a responsibility for Afghanistan. The Afghans have had a real rough time over the last century, poor bastards deserve some peace.

Despite what we will do now or in the future, we cant give the Aghans peace. they have to do that themselves.

hummm.....lot of you are hating France, without a real reason.....

Felix said something true : read some european press, and you'll see that the big majority of the people of France, Germany, Spain, but also your faithful allies, UK and Italy, are against the war in Iraq, and against GW Bush and his administration.
We don't like Bush....

And an other thing : you hate France because - it is the most important reason - we didn't follow the US armies in Iraq...But remember one thing : during the WWI, from 1914 to 1917, when France and England, and Belgium fought in Europe, while Wilson refused to do the war...did France hate USA ? no. and during the WWII, from 1939 to 1941, did the French - after 1940, the population and the Resistants - hate the USA ? No...but the USA were not at war at this time....so don't be so impulsive, and don't hate you because we didn't go to Iraq with you.
It is not a treason, you coulnd not hate a country just because this country thought that it was not a good war - is there a good war ? -

;)

hmmmm.......it depend of the cases.
In Iraq : not really to eliminated Saddam, but to get the Oil, and all the trade advantages.
USA say that France did an hypocrit politic with Iraq and generally....but USA should look back : To counter the communist, they put dictatorships, like in Chile, and now they give lesson of integrity.....
US do war only for thier interests, not to save some country...Because if the US war had really a good aim, why they won't go to North Korea; the dictatorship is worts than in Iraq, and in North Korea you can be sure that there is WMD.....really really moer dangerous than Iraq..........and with Nuclear weapon....but Bush said : Iraq is a danger for US security....of course, North Korea, with all these might, and who is openly hostile to USA, is not a danger, or less important.

Give me a good war.
a war is always for land, might, power, ressources, like oil, gold..........these are not good reason.

Forum List

Back