France to raise taxes to 75% for those making over a million

Oh yeah? You think France's economy will be smaller in 2015 than in 2013?

Depends what happens in 2013. France is going to take a dive. Predicting exactly when is impossible when the politicians keep kicking the can down the road.

But they are going down. I would not take that bet if I were you. And we should specify real GDP.

That hum you hear in the background is the sound of Mario Draghi warming up the currency printing presses.

I already specified real GDP. And I would happily place a substantial wager against anyone claiming that chained GDP will be smaller in 2015 than in 2013 in France.

You are busted. You moved the goalposts.

Oh really? That's the measure you want to use?

I'll take that bet in a heartbeat. So it will be: GDP growth rate, 2009-2011 vs. GDP growth rate, 2013-2015. And we're obviously talking real GDP here.

Are you sure that's the comparison you want to use?

Depends what happens in 2013. France is going to take a dive. Predicting exactly when is impossible when the politicians keep kicking the can down the road.

But they are going down. I would not take that bet if I were you. And we should specify real GDP.

That hum you hear in the background is the sound of Mario Draghi warming up the currency printing presses.

I already specified real GDP. And I would happily place a substantial wager against anyone claiming that chained GDP will be smaller in 2015 than in 2013 in France.

You are busted. You moved the goalposts.

I'll take that bet in a heartbeat. So it will be: GDP growth rate, 2009-2011 vs. GDP growth rate, 2013-2015. And we're obviously talking real GDP here.

Ah, no - I didn't move the goal posts. You don't understand where the posts were planted, apparently.

Take a look at GDP in France from Jan 2009 to 2011. Then come crawling back.

I thought top rate in Britain was 50% and 43% on dividends.
You'd be wrong about that. Everyone pays additional percentages for health care taxes and their equivalent of OASI.

I thought we were talking income tax rates vs income tax rate.

People in Britain pay an income tax to fund their health care system and their equivalent of OASI. They also pay an income tax to fund everything else.

The top marginal income tax rate one pays in Britain is 68%.

Sure! What's the parameter of the bet?

GDP growth rate relative to other OECD members?

GDP growth over the next three years is better than the past 3 years.

percent of growth

You will lose that bet.

Yes. When they start making cuts next year it will fall out.

Cool.

:clap:

The rest of Europe should follow suit.

I like the law in Finland that charges fines proportional to the salary.

And by the way I said last three years. You do realize it is 2012 right?

And by the way I said last three years. You do realize it is 2012 right?

Yes, so the last three years are 2009, 2010 and 2011. the next three years are 2013, 2014 and 2015.

I suspect France will be in a serious economic depression within the next two years if this passes.

Their rich are pretty bloated too, they DO have accountants and loopholes, and the French don't like to leave France, and this should be temporary. Restez tranquille!

I thought top rate in Britain was 50% and 43% on dividends.
You'd be wrong about that. Everyone pays additional percentages for health care taxes and their equivalent of OASI.

Is there a similar tax in France?

HM Revenue & Customs: Income Tax allowances

Basic rate: 20%
£0-£34,370
Higher rate: 40%
£34,371-£150,000
Additional rate: 50%
Over £150,000

On top of that, every working person pays National Insurance - funding healthcare.

On top of that, everyone pays local taxes, depending on the value of their property.

On top of that, every purchase carries VAT of 17.5%

Their rich are pretty bloated too, they DO have accountants and loopholes, and the French don't like to leave France, and this should be temporary. Restez tranquille!

They don't have to leave the country, they just buy a property in the UK and change their official residence. Moron.

Forum List

Back