France to Ban Gas Powered Cars in 2040

Several thousand people have died inside Airbus aircraft, stop acting like the plane was responsible for the crash on the Hudson coming out so well.

BTW - I was on the Incident Investigation Team for a major aerospace company. We investigated every incident in the world that had our parts on the aircraft. A lot of stuff you never hear about yet I'm sure freaked out the people on board. Again, I will take a Boeing aircraft if given the choice.

Yet the A-340 remains the only the ONLY commercial airliner used by airlines with NO FATALITIES.
Wow, you found one model with limited service. BFD.

How can you write 'limited service,' the A-340 has been in service for 25 years. Besides, crash data is per mile, not amount of aircraft.
Just 377 were ever built. It's a long haul aircraft. Airbus still sucks.

Airbus makes a better aircraft than Boeing, always has. Boeing sucks.
I've worked on both. Boeing beats Airbus in aircraft and personnel. The French just don't understand a lot of basics.

I have worked on avionics packages for both, and there is no comparison between the QA of Airbus and Boeing, Boeing is haphazard. The Europeans are far better qualified personnel wise. Boeing uses poorly paid technicians for jobs that should only be handled by qualified engineers.

I have worked on avionics packages for both, and there is no comparison between the QA of Airbus and Boeing, Boeing is haphazard. The Europeans are far better qualified personnel wise. Boeing uses poorly paid technicians for jobs that should only be handled by qualified engineers.
Poorly paid? Their union has them earning 6 figures in many cases. I had to teach the French basic principles in manufacturing, as I'm sure many of their customers had to do too.

Poorly paid? Their union has them earning 6 figures in many cases. I had to teach the French basic principles in manufacturing, as I'm sure many of their customers had to do too.

Compared to the European engineers who earned 6 figures plus had 6 week vacations and 32 hour weeks. I am sure you didn't teach the French basic principles in manufacturing, they were quite capable and their processes were better documented and more automated than Boeing's. I am an engineer, I reviewed TDPs from both companies.

Last edited:

Compared to the European engineers who earned 6 figures plus had 6 week vacations and 32 hour weeks. I am sure you didn't teach the French basic principles in manufacturing, they were quite capable and had their processes were better documented and more automated than Boeing's. I am an engineer, I reviewed TDPs from both companies.
And I was on the Incident Investigation Team for a major aerospace company. We were involved in every incident in the world, from crashes to smoke in the cabin.

I'll take Airbus.

So, you don't have more than a superficial understanding of manufacturing. But, I'll take Airbus too. We agree.

And yet....NO FATALITIES
Several thousand people have died inside Airbus aircraft, stop acting like the plane was responsible for the crash on the Hudson coming out so well.

BTW - I was on the Incident Investigation Team for a major aerospace company. We investigated every incident in the world that had our parts on the aircraft. A lot of stuff you never hear about yet I'm sure freaked out the people on board. Again, I will take a Boeing aircraft if given the choice.

Yet the A-340 remains the only the ONLY commercial airliner used by airlines with NO FATALITIES.

How can you write 'limited service,' the A-340 has been in service for 25 years. Besides, crash data is per mile, not amount of aircraft.

That's your non-factual based opinion.

OK, name two other things that France manufactures that shows they know what their doing.

My point is validated.

OK, name two other things that France manufactures that shows they know what their doing.

My point is validated.

Your lies have been factually dismissed.

Just poor thinking on the part of Airbus. They've moved up that step since the crash.

And yet....NO FATALITIES

Because it is limited service: only a few carriers (largest being Lufthansa) use the A340...less than 400 were built. In only six years, there are more Boeing 787s in service than A340s! The only reason it even has that many flying was the archaic ETOPS restrictions on twin-engine airliners.

You would not know a fact if it crawled up your ass and did the can-can.

My point is validated.

Dassualt (Military Aircraft)
Schneider Electric (Electrical Components)
Schlumberger (Oil field equipment and services)
Alstom (Trains including TGV)
Michelin (Tires and cable)
Renault (Automobiles)
Thales (Defense products)
Peugeot (automobiles)
Safran (SNECMA jet engines, defense products)
Sanofi (Pharmaceuticals)
Saint-Gobain (Advanced Materials, glass, carbon fiber)

My point is validated.

Renault (Automobiles)
Peugeot (automobiles)
Sanofi (Pharmaceuticals)
I will give you Michelin.
The rest are crap and avoided in the US.

I left a Safran is a Swiss company. At least it was 25 years ago when I worked in their medical division. Which they then sold because they screwed up big time after I left and had to do a huge recall on implanted devices.

My point is validated.

Renault (Automobiles)
Peugeot (automobiles)
Sanofi (Pharmaceuticals)
I will give you Michelin.
The rest are crap and avoided in the US.

I left a Safran is a Swiss company. At least it was 25 years ago when I worked in their medical division. Which they then sold because they screwed up big time after I left and had to do a huge recall on implanted devices.

Safran S.A. is a French multinational aircraft engine, rocket engine, aerospace-component, defense, and security company. Wikipedia

Stock price: SAF (EPA) €83.19 +1.68 (+2.06%)
Jul 12, 5:36 PM GMT+2 - Disclaimer
Headquarters: Paris, France

Thales Defense and Security sells 100s of millions of dollars worth of defense equipment and systems to the U.S. armed services. We just finished commissioning a Thales TACAN bought by the USAF for a base in Romania.

The Thales AN/PRC-148 JTRS Enhanced MBITR (JEM) is standard issue for U.S. ground troops for LMR comms.

upload_2017-7-12_18-34-14.png

There are hundreds of other examples.

Alstom to provide Amtrak with its new generation of high-speed train

Alstom and Amtrak announced today that they have signed a contract for Alstom to design and build 28 new high-speed trains, which will run on the Northeast Corridor (NEC) between Boston and Washington D.C. Amtrak and Alstom also signed a long-term contract under which Alstom will provide Amtrak with long-term technical support and supply spare components and parts for the maintenance of the new trainsets. Together, these contracts are worth €1.8 billion ($2 billion).

Alstom to provide Amtrak with its new generation of high-speed train

YOUR DOG WON'T HUNT.

Forum List

Back