France Rejects US Call to List Hezbollah as a Terrorist Organization

manu1959 said:
so you feel guilty for bashing the US yet you do it anyway? which policies bother you?
Many...but this is recent...I used to strongly support the US, my sister being american herself...

j07950 said:
I haven't got as much time as you...sorry to dissapoint, but I'll work on it gradually
But you know what, these sort of lists can be done on almost every country in the world...the thing is to learn from mistakes...I totally agree that France has done bad things, and so has the US and say britain etc...there is just no point in trowing that into each others face...the importance like I said is to learn from them

then why are you here thowing it in our faces? and why is a leeds man defending the french? come on give me one ?

Sir Evil said:
Glad to hear you have good hygeine but that probably because you are only "in a way french"
Well as far as I know, the people I know in France have good hygiene as well...I don't know where you get this smelling thind...if you're thinking about cheese being smelly than fair enough...thats true...but hey, mint exists

manu1959 said:
come one dude ... name one ...
No way...you'll jump on me and have a 3hr fight with me...it's midnight here...don't have time for it...and I've been through it before...plus I've got positive rep points...don't want to ruin that...lol

j07950 said:
No way...you'll jump on me and have a 3hr fight with me...it's midnight here...don't have time for it...and I've been through it before...plus I've got positive rep points...don't want to ruin that...lol

There you go! Try to watch the cuts and debate, see no one dinged you! Might help if you would discuss the points, at a better hour.

j07950 said:

there i just gave you 5 rep points...name one

manu1959 said:

Yeah, I dug him out of the neg, I think I should get at least one reason too!

manu1959 said:
You silly boy...the obvious choise is the Irak war...but don't ask me why, you know why, even if you believe in it...it's way too broad to even discuss it..and I have many times before, can't be bothered with repeting

j07950 said:
You silly boy...the obvious choise is the Irak war...but don't ask me why, you know why, even if you believe in it...it's way too broad to even discuss it..and I have many times before, can't be bothered with repeting

i agree

the US should have let france germany russia and china prevent israel from blowing the entire middle east off the map

the us should pull all of its troops out of every foriegn soil base

close the boarders

cut off funding to the UN

cut off all forigen aid

take all the military personel and open bases along the borders to stimulate local economies

take all the money and rebuild florida, solve the homeless and any other issue you like

and when a tusnami hits, or kuwait gets invaded or a bomb goes off in madrid or whatever you can deal with it.

manu1959 said:
i agree

the US should have let france germany russia and china prevent israel from blowing the entire middle east off the map

the us should pull all of its troops out of every foriegn soil base

close the boarders

cut off funding to the UN

cut off all forigen aid

take all the military personel and open bases along the borders to stimulate local economies

take all the money and rebuild florida, solve the homeless and any other issue you like

and when a tusnami hits, or kuwait gets invaded or a bomb goes off in madrid or whatever you can deal with it.

Thats a bit drastic...you're a bit overreacting don't you think...?

j07950 said:
Thats a bit drastic...you're a bit overreacting don't you think...?

nope .... the US has born the economic burden and growing hatred of the world since the end of wwII, you all thinck we are up to something... fine we will stop....you think you all can do better, have at...solve the problems...i am sure france china germany and russia can sort it all out

i am dead serious take all the money and invest in the US, close the borders, outsource to ohio not india, wish israel luck tell the UN to find space in paris

all the us have ever asked every time we help is for a place to bury our dead

manu1959 said:
nope .... the US has born the economic burden and growing hatred of the world since the end of wwII, you all thinck we are up to something... fine we will stop....you think you all can do better, have at...solve the problems...i am sure france china germany and russia can sort it all out

i am dead serious take all the money and invest in the US, close the borders, outsource to ohio not india, wish israel luck tell the UN to find space in paris

all the us have ever asked every time we help is for a place to bury our dead
Come on give me a break...like I said my problem with US policies is a recent thing...the whole "the US has born the economic burden and growing hatred of the world since the end of wwII, you all thinck we are up to something" may be true for a lot of people but I don't agree with it...
I'll probably have less of a problem with US policies ounce the government is replaced (well in 5 years time anyway)...

j07950 said:
Just for not naming Hezbollah as a Terrorist Organization? Everyone knows they are a terrorist organization, what do you need France naming it for? But I do agree they should ...

Yes. It's time to stop playing footsie with those who refuse to take an active role in stamping out terror.

I'm not expecting france to follow us into Iraq, but I do expect your government and your nation to do whatever you can to find and eliminate terrorists and their supporters within your own borders. Also, I don't think it's too much to ask for some rudimentary support in our efforts against terrorism - such as the simple request to call a terrorist group what they actually are - a terrorist group.

France has opposed the USA for no reason other than petty political bickering. Apparently Chirac has his priorities and he views humiliating the US to be a higher priority than combatting terror. Seems to me that if your government cannot muster the courage to stand beside us in the war on terror, the very least they could do is get the hell out of the way.

It is time for the US to stand on the principle that if you are not with us in this effort, then you are our enemy. And it's well past time to declare that france is a friend to terrorists and an enemy of the US.

Like I've been studying th Kosovo crisis in one of my lectures...that was a great descision I think...on the part of Nato (US)...Irak? Not so good...
I find the Kosovo crisis really interesting...ever read up on it? Really interesting as of did Nato have legitimacy to interveen...

j07950 said:
I'll probably have less of a problem with US policies ounce the government is replaced (well in 5 years time anyway)...

I wouldn't count on that. Most Americans have had it with the whining of euroweenies and especially with the radicalism of the American liberal left. If anything, we are looking for leadership that is MORE conservative than George Bush - not less.

Merlin1047 said:
Yes. It's time to stop playing footsie with those who refuse to take an active role in stamping out terror.

I'm not expecting france to follow us into Iraq, but I do expect your government and your nation to do whatever you can to find and eliminate terrorists and their supporters within your own borders. Also, I don't think it's too much to ask for some rudimentary support in our efforts against terrorism - such as the simple request to call a terrorist group what they actually are - a terrorist group.

France has opposed the USA for no reason other than petty political bickering. Apparently Chirac has his priorities and he views humiliating the US to be a higher priority than combatting terror. Seems to me that if your government cannot muster the courage to stand beside us in the war on terror, the very least they could do is get the hell out of the way.

It is time for the US to stand on the principle that if you are not with us in this effort, then you are our enemy. And it's well past time to declare that france is a friend to terrorists and an enemy of the US.

It said in the article that it wasn't a good time to call it a terrorist group with lebanon and all at the moment...so nevermind.
France has fought terrorism within it's own borders for ages...I do think Chirac is a prick and only giving a negative image of france and what Franch people really believe...he's got too big of an ego...he's a gaullist...loves himself too much

j07950 said:
Come on give me a break...like I said my problem with US policies is a recent thing...the whole "the US has born the economic burden and growing hatred of the world since the end of wwII, you all thinck we are up to something" may be true for a lot of people but I don't agree with it...

so lbj upping the ante in vietnam was ok then?

trust me ... eventually the US will focus inward and then you all will be well and truely fucked.....

Forum List

Back