France is finally leading

What part of this is a "UN problem " do you people not understand? But I have to ask, where are the Arab nation?

The Arab League (not Arab Nation - they aren't a nation - they are a group of nations), supports the UN action.

The head of the Arab League has been quoted as disapproving of the airstrikes. However, it appears, according to British media, that he has explained this as a mis-translation between Arabic and English. He voiced concern over the potential civilian casualties - and he voiced that concern in response to a direct question about the potential for civilian casualties. I think it's an important context... The Arab League are on board with the UN action, there is no split in the coalition (according to the media).

Yasser Arafat used to have the same problem with translations. He would kiss up to the US in English and say something in Arabic that was more along the lines of us being evil and deserved to be wiped out. Arabic seems to be a very difficult language to translate properly.

OK....you may now go on with your irrational hatred of an entire nation based on fallacies and half truths.

Hmm' does the phrase Hells Henchmen ring your bell Mr Goose? Just testing the waters...ha ha....Anyway I love my country but fairly detest its leaders from the commander in chief on down.

rb

liberals like to use expressions like "you don't understand" and "go forth with your hatred".
what they mean is, how dare you disagree with me. nobody buys it. i can hate france if i feel like it. now i have to live with the fact that france's government has more balls than ours does, that stings.

Last edited:
The French Military isn't tied down in 2 wars and spending billions trying to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan, so they can go ahead and lead this one.

The French Military isn't tied down in 2 wars and spending billions trying to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan, so they can go ahead and lead this one.

didn't obama, from behind his desk (our desk) , declare that the iraq war was over, it could have been a dream.

didn't obama, from behind his desk (our desk) , declare that the iraq war was over, it could have been a dream.

We still have 50,000 US Troops in Iraq, it costs money to house them, feed them etc over there. We are drawing down in Iraq but that war is not finished.

Couldn't agree more.

We have enough on our plate right now. Let the Britts and the French lead the way.

I'm sure we are providing logistic support. We also have Naval vessels offshore if needed.

Hope Quadaffi gets killed in the process. Couldn't happen to a nicer dirtbag.

liberals like to use expressions like ... "go forth with your hatred".

.....i can hate france if i feel like it. ......

Why WOULDN'T one say "go forth with your hatred" when you've made it clear that you're going to do exactly that? Why would that be insulting to you?

We still have 50,000 US Troops in Iraq, it costs money to house them, feed them etc over there. We are drawing down in Iraq but that war is not finished.

but the president said...

i guess it's like the recession is "officially over" and guantanamo being closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

i guess it's like the recession is "officially over" and guantanamo being closed.

You might want to write the 50,000 US Soldiers and tell them the war is over and to pack their shit and get on a flight back to the States, I guess those Soldiers didn't get the memo.

You might want to write the 50,000 US Soldiers and tell them the war is over and to pack their shit and get on a flight back to the States, I guess those Soldiers didn't get the memo.

maybe i will...

Why WOULDN'T one say "go forth with your hatred" when you've made it clear that you're going to do exactly that? Why would that be insulting to you?

i can hate france if i feel like it... because this is a free country, i hate france equally, no more or less than the way liberals hate former president bush. but i hate them less now because of sarkosy. it's the collective attitude i disdain, it's like a whole country of american democrats with a french accent. i resent the democrats because france has a stronger president than america does,... for now, but that will change.
i love the part of this country that doesn't have a hyperdramatic liberal accent. i love changing the part that doesn't.

Last edited:

i can hate france if i feel like it... because this is a free country, i hate france equally, no more or less than the way liberals hate former president bush. but i hate them less now because of sarkosy. it's the collective attitude i disdain, it's like a whole country of american democrats with a french accent. i resent the democrats because france has a stronger president than america does,... for now, but that will change.
i love the part of this country that doesn't have a hyperdramatic liberal accent. i love changing the part that doesn't.

Ok then......Go Forth With Your Hatred

What are you complaining about?

What concerns me is when this "coalition" falls apart like the one for Iraq, will we be the ones left holding the bag. I hope when that happens, we don't stick around and end up being the last ones there... again.

Immie

i would add that my disdain for france goes back to degaulle and ww2. it also reaches across europe to switzerland (small s), for the expression "hey !.. we're switzerland". fuck you switzerland, you are not great, you are merely dependent. when the islamic radicals blow up bern... i shall think... "hey !... you're switzerland"... so goes france and italy, but interestingly enough, not spain.

Forum List

Back