France is finally leading

something i never thought i would see. i hate france less because of this. sarkosy is the first french president i've had respect for since louie the fourteenth.

Some people have a really strange definition of leading.

I wonder what sort of deal Obama promised Sarkozy to get him to jump in front of the bus for him.

France has been a bit slow at doing their share but they were proved 100% correct when it came to the Iraq invasion and occupation.

Why just Libya? Why not Oman? Syria already has some deaths and if the demonstrations spread and Bashra-ul-Asad cracks down why not there? What about Bahrains's use of force. This action opens up a whole new door on the uprising's in the middle east and Africa. Will France lead the way?

something i never thought i would see. i hate france less because of this. sarkosy is the first french president i've had respect for since louie the fourteenth.

You're telegraphing you complete ignorance of recent history, Lad.

Seriously, kid, go read a book.

You don't know what you're talking about.

I remember when Degaulle got pissed over something America did, called President Johnson and demanded that the United States remove every American soldier from French soil.

Johnson's reply to Degaulle: "Even the ones buried there?"

Last edited:
Yeah... France is leading. We tossed some flaming arrows at them and France dropped some Freedom Fries on them. That's leadership of the highest quality.

"To Good Guys Dead"

"They sucked us in;
King and country.
Christ Almighty
And the rest.
Patriotism,
Democracy,
Honor--
Words and phrases,
They either bitched us or killed us."

Hemingway c. 1922

Yeah... France is leading. We tossed some flaming arrows at them and France dropped some Freedom Fries on them. That's leadership of the highest quality.

That's what they asked for, air support no boots on the ground...so I too say yes its good leadership and support to the people.
rb

Mission v Strategy?

"The mission is clearer than the strategy, and that strategy can’t be figured out from the first moves. The strategy might be the imposition of a no-fly zone, the imposition of a no-fly zone and attacks against Libya’s command-and-control centers, or these two plus direct ground attacks on Gadhafi’s forces.

"These could also be combined with an invasion and occupation of Libya.

"The question, therefore, is not the mission but the strategy to be pursued. How far is the coalition, or at least some of its members, prepared to go to effect regime change and manage the consequences following regime change? How many resources are they prepared to provide and how long are they prepared to fight?

"It should be remembered that in Iraq and Afghanistan the occupation became the heart of the war, and regime change was merely the opening act. It is possible that the coalition partners haven’t decided on the strategy yet, or may not be in agreement..."

Read more: The Libyan War of 2011 | STRATFOR

churchill said that degaulle was almost as big of an obstacle as hitler himself.
i like the guy (girl) that told me to "read up on my history".

don't worry sir, i don't really think that sarkosy is a boy king. (maybe berlusconi from italy) i know that france is no longer a monarchy.
and yes i liked marie antionette (after she lost her head.)

the reason i hate france is because, like many european countries, until now, there responsibility and involvement of world affairs ended at their own border. they basked in the comfort of freedom provided at our expense, at the same time, condemning us for it.

but here's the thing.... are the democrats and the press going to admonish their president of obama for starting a new war in a country that has not attacted us, or that has no weapons of mass destruction. are our troops involved "american mercenaries" like they were for president bush.
what business do we have there. ?

if you apply the same criteria, how do you justify involing the u.s. in someone elses civil war. will we see rallies in the streets. how is this different. i'm looking forward to what tools you will use to rationalize u.s. involvement. will cindy sheehan camp out in front of the hawaii hilton to protest obama ?

how is gadaffi so different from saddam? will we see the great demonstartive drama that we saw with iraq? or is it ok because it's obama this time, do the moral values and ethics change because the media is in bed with this president, a democrat ?

even the name "odessey dawn", seems romantic and fun. they should have called it "double standard". i hope people revist the "justifications and decisions for the iraq freedom campaign. president obama may think he invented "the well defined goal", but it's been around for a while.

Last edited:
.....the reason i hate france is because, like many european countries, until now, there responsibility and involvement of world affairs ended at their own border..........

As was already pointed out France led the way into Haiti and Vietnam. And with the Iraq invasion and occupation they were proved to be 100% correct and should be commended, not scorned.

.....the reason i hate france is because, like many european countries, until now, there responsibility and involvement of world affairs ended at their own border..........

As was already pointed out France led the way into Haiti and Vietnam. And with the Iraq invasion and occupation they were proved to be 100% correct and should be commended, not scorned.

you commend, i scorn. france led the way into viet nam ? do you mean in the late 1850"s ??

Last edited:

Forum List

Back