France intervenes against 'terrorists'

I saw this classified ad in Guns & Ammo magazine:

For Sale
Like new French Army WWII rifle.
Never fired and only dropped once.

This never fails to make me laugh.

Ask a Frenchman the following question: Why is the Champs Elysee lined on either side with trees?

Often they will say something like it was a landscape design of Andre Le Notre or other landscaper.

The answer: So the German army can march in the shade.

I have made so, so many French laugh with that one.

Rip off from "Full Metal Jacket".

Are there still really people who think France just gave up in WWII? Did they miss the facts?

Anyway, everyone seems to have lost the thread about Mali. Does anyone think these rag tag terrorists can win against the French army?

If the 'rebels' could have won on their own, how is it that it took at least five years assisted by France's massive help?

Your arguments are identical with those who say America has never helped but by its own interests. Well, if interests are republican democracy, that is true.

No one anywhere is altruistic by the poster's definition.

Are you French? (same as asking - are you stupid? - just a little more polite). Again, I answered if the rebels could have won without the French 'just for fun'. The success of the guerrilla tactics used by American forces is still being taught in military colleges like West Point.

Shortly after the American Revolution, those ungrateful slaves who did not appreciate France's altruistic intent in forcing them to live in poverty while France profited from their sweat and misey took up arms and fought the French. Stupid slaves, didn't they know how much France cared? For those of you interested in learning about the love the French have always displayed towards their fellow man please look up the Haitian Revolution 1791–1804.

A French Lesson in Altruism

"White masters extensively used the threat of physical violence to maintain control and limit this possibility for slave rebellion. When slaves left the plantations or disobeyed their masters, they were subject to whipping, or to more extreme torture such as castration or burning, the punishment being both a personal lesson and a warning for other slaves."

Haitian Revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As was mentioned, we share many things with them, including having made grievous errors such as with the Indians, with slaves, the Mexican War, in the Philippines, Central America...

Forum List

Back