France Declares War on al-Qaida

Amazing...

Even more amazing, Al Qaeda hasn't won yet.

Kudos to France. Hope they keep doing a good job.

While your ass was sitting behind a computer from 2004 until today, French soldiers were engaging AQ and Taliban targets in Afghanistan.

They've been there for a long time and they have done a damn good job.

your screen name looks french. therefore you must be a coward who does not bathe and has sweet heart deals with saddam. can i buy your rifle?

Dammit! You caught me.

I always find it amusing when people castigate soldiers of a nation based on some entire perception of the nation.

A warrior is a warrior.

Anyway who doubts that the French can fight should read "Hell In a Very Small Place".

Amazing...

Even more amazing, Al Qaeda hasn't won yet.

Kudos to France. Hope they keep doing a good job.

While your ass was sitting behind a computer from 2004 until today, French soldiers were engaging AQ and Taliban targets in Afghanistan.

How many French COMBAT troops are in Afghan?

French military effort in Afghanistan earning respect of U.S. troops - News - Stripes

How many French COMBAT troops are in Afghan?

French military effort in Afghanistan earning respect of U.S. troops - News - Stripes

2,800 from the linky;

sounds like US troops are trying to say something positive:

“They will stick to their plan regardless of the situation out there,” said Army Special Forces Staff Sgt. Andrew Piekalkiewicz.

He suspects a U.S. force in the same situation would have been more aggressive. The French are competent, Piekalkiewicz said, but they can be too conventional at times, willing to sacrifice mobility for excessive might.

“I do respect them for being here,” Piekalkiewicz says. “They are taking casualties.”

your screen name looks french. therefore you must be a coward who does not bathe and has sweet heart deals with saddam. can i buy your rifle?

Dammit! You caught me.

I always find it amusing when people castigate soldiers of a nation based on some entire perception of the nation.

A warrior is a warrior.

Anyway who doubts that the French can fight should read "Hell In a Very Small Place".

i find it generally amusing when americans look down their elitist noses at continental europeans who have not yet forgotten what a total brutal war on their lands looks like.

Dammit! You caught me.

A warrior is a warrior.

i find it generally amusing when americans look down their elitist noses at continental europeans who have not yet forgotten what a total brutal war on their lands looks like.

You'd think that after beginning 2 WW's, continental europeans might have learned something.

Dammit! You caught me.

A warrior is a warrior.

You'd think that after beginning 2 WW's, continental europeans might have learned something.

they did. they did not join a war of choice started by fools.

They had a choice they didn't have in 1939, after allowing the Axis to grow into a Monstrousity.

Don't even get me started about continental europeans that ignored the slaughter of thousands of Bosnians, refusing to keep a Greater Serbai from festering in their back yard.

They had a choice they didn't have in 1939, after allowing the Axis to grow into a Monstrousity.

Don't even get me started about continental europeans that ignored the slaughter of thousands of Bosnians, refusing to keep a Greater Serbai from festering in their back yard.

you already started, why don't go ahead?

the us looked pretty good in this case. and the us opposition behaved interestingly.

Dammit! You caught me.

A warrior is a warrior.

Lighten up brother. Nobody's puuting down French troops serving under the NATO banner. They are doing a respectable job, even though their tanks are the only ones with back up lights over there!

:razz:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back