Discussion in 'Europe' started by TheGreatGatsby, Sep 2, 2012.
French pessimism nears all-time high -poll | Reuters
Well, they can always get rid of him.
Um....France does not have an "extreme socialist" government.
At least - not to anyone who has a clue as to what the "extreme socialist" might mean.
I would guess you are describing someone on the political spectrum very close to Lenin, for instance.
Francois Hollande is hardly that, is he?
I'm constantly baffled on this site how many posters feel they can just make up meanings for words and still be credible.
Some "extreme socialist" policies currently being put in place in France:
- Aid to SMEs, with the creation of a public bank investment-oriented SME's and reducing the corporate tax rate to 30% for medium corporations and 15% for small.
- Recruitment of 5,000 judges, police officers and gendarmes.
- Financial system: backs the creation of a European rating agency and the separation of lending and investment in banks.
- Return to a deficit of 0% of GDP in 2017
Sorry brah__ but you're staggeringly stupid if you think that taxing someone 70 percent of their income isn't extreme.
Perhaps if you read comments before responding to them?
I already posted that policies of this govt include:
- Aid to SMEs, with the creation of a public bank investment-oriented SME's and reducing the corporate tax rate to 30% for medium corporations and 15% for small. Is this policy "extreme socialism"?
Hollande is left wing, and France does have strong left wing traditions, but these days Hollande's party is very much within the context of capitalist Social Democrats. He is no Lenin.
btw, The average personal tax rate in France is 30%. Incomes above €70,000 per year are taxed at 41%.
Oh well that's generous to only tax businesses 30 percent when individuals making a certain amount will pay more than 70 percent. It's staggeringly stupid to not call that extreme. It's beyond socialism. It's collectivism.
It is not "staggeringly stupid" to use political terms correctly.
In all seriousness, if you don't know what a word means, either check, or avoid using it.
Citizens already have buyers remorse about electing an extreme socialist
Can anyone explain to me: WHAT in his policies can be described as "SOCIALIST"??????
I know what the words mean; and socialism doesn't mean you have to punish success. Well adjusted socialism seeks to efficiently reward effort and use humble means to help those who cannot help themselves. Stop being staggeringly stupid by condescending to me dickhead. You don't have to agree with my outlook, but I know what fucking everyday words mean. So eat my ass troll.
Separate names with a comma.