France bans the burqa

France bans the burqa
I do not understand why FRANCE banned burqa WEARING full veil BY Muslim’s women’s in France. No questioned asked from own country female when move in public place or shopping centre with 2 major garments plus SHORT. Showing entire body and figure than feel no shame for this act and no questioned asked too.

Than what problem for France to banned Muslim’s women’s wearing veil. This is a comprehensive negative tactics against Muslim’s and creating problem those who are living in France and discourage Muslim’s women’s to wear veil than France will be happy.

I strongly opposed and condemn this banned which cut the rights for Muslim’s women’s and all Western countries always claimed in their countries all type of freedom to all but when a Muslim’s women’s want to observe Hijab or evil than they impose banned.

This is double standard of WEST ( France ). Appeal to their minister to withdrawn this banned and ALLOW Muslims women’s to wear veil or hijab according to Islam rule’s.

For God shake don’t claim France give a complete freedom to all people. Unique treatment with Muslim’s community females and stopping them to wear veil.

Thanking You.

Yours faithfully

( Ashfaq Sharif )

if I owned A STORE AGAIN AND ANYONE CAME IN WITH THEIR FACE COVERED THEY BE THROWN OUT . NOT ON RELIGOUS BASES BUT ON STICK EM UP BASES .

Dude can post whatever he wants but Kalam get real, a person criticizing the burqa ban in France when they live in a country where just being a non Muslim can get you chased down and shot in the streets is just silly.

Why? Even if that were the case in Pakistan, does his living there imply that he supports the status quo in his country?

It implies he has bigger things to worry about than the silly burqa ban.

So do I and I'm guessing that you and most of the other posters in this thread do as well, but that doesn't stop us from talking about it. I don't think anybody should be barred from a discussion simply because they happen to live in a certain country.

Why? Even if that were the case in Pakistan, does his living there imply that he supports the status quo in his country?

So do I and I'm guessing that you and most of the other posters in this thread do as well, but that doesn't stop us from talking about it. I don't think anybody should be barred from a discussion simply because they happen to live in a certain country.

I'm not saying he should be barred, I just stated my opinion.

Sure, but your opinion seems to be that his opinion has no value since he lives in a country with a questionable human rights record. I think that's sort of exclusionary.

Sure, but your opinion seems to be that his opinion has no value since he lives in a country with a questionable human rights record. I think that's sort of exclusionary.

I didn't say his opinion had no value, I just think its kind of silly for him to condemn a law in France when Pakistan has much bigger issues than burqas.

France bans the burqa
I do not understand why FRANCE banned burqa WEARING full veil BY Muslim’s women’s in France. No questioned asked from own country female when move in public place or shopping centre with 2 major garments plus SHORT. Showing entire body and figure than feel no shame for this act and no questioned asked too.

Than what problem for France to banned Muslim’s women’s wearing veil. This is a comprehensive negative tactics against Muslim’s and creating problem those who are living in France and discourage Muslim’s women’s to wear veil than France will be happy.

I strongly opposed and condemn this banned which cut the rights for Muslim’s women’s and all Western countries always claimed in their countries all type of freedom to all but when a Muslim’s women’s want to observe Hijab or evil than they impose banned.

This is double standard of WEST ( France ). Appeal to their minister to withdrawn this banned and ALLOW Muslims women’s to wear veil or hijab according to Islam rule’s.

For God shake don’t claim France give a complete freedom to all people. Unique treatment with Muslim’s community females and stopping them to wear veil.

Thanking You.

Yours faithfully

( Ashfaq Sharif )

aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww.

Seems to me that the people of France ought to be the final arbitors of dress in France.

After all, it is their country, is it not?

After all, since the French aren't humans, and do not have the same individual rights as, say, other humans that live in other countries, it's ok for the French government to pass such laws.

Seems to me that the people of France ought to be the final arbitors of dress in France.

After all, since the French aren't humans, and do not have the same individual rights as, say, other humans that live in other countries, it's ok for the French government to pass such laws.
it's their country , America doesn't have the right to say squat

it's their country , America doesn't have the right to say squat

So I guess you don't believe that all men are created equal, only Americans. And you must not believe that all men are endowed with certain inalienable rights, among those life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, only Americans.

See, call me crazy, but I don't believe that. I actually believe that all humans, by virtue of their ability to reason, have individual rights. Consequently, I see an individual's wanting to wear an article of clothing to be no business of the state.

Abide by our laws and shut the fuck up! Otherwise go forth and multiply!

Vast majority of French Muslims come from Maghreb.
Like UK's Muslims come from colonial territories of Indian sub-continent.
Immigration and granting of citizenship is in direct connection to colonial past. Otherwise mix of immigrants would be different then it is now.

France didn't abide to laws and rural customs, when it colonized places like Algeria in N-Africa. It imposed its own laws.

I have some sympathy for the French on this.
Although I agree with the need for tolerance to other cultures, I also think that tolerance goes both ways.

Too often, it seems to me, immigrants are arriving in a new country and are demanding recognition of their rights to retention of their culture without taking into account the culture and the sensitivities of the existing people.
And further, it seems to me, that gummints are bending over too far backwards to accommodate them.

I wouldn't turn up in France expecting to be allowed to walk around with no pants on like we all do here in the South Island of New Zealand, I'd respect the local culture and wear those damn pants.
In fact, note that I put pants on for my profile picture so that I don't upset you Americans.

It concerns me that examples of successful integration of cultures seem pretty thin around the world these days, and I wonder if this is because immigrant communities are tending to live in their own ghettos, coccooned in their own traditions rather than in previous times when they had no choice but to assimilate with their new country.

On the other hand, I could be talking out of my trousers...in fact, some of the burqa wearers could be native French.

Last edited:
Granny wears a scarf when she sells apples onna street corner `cause people buy more apples from her when it makes her look like a poor lil' ol' widow woman...
:redface:
Headscarves slam brakes on women's careers
4/20/2011 - In secular Turkey, judges, teachers and other officials are forbidden from wearing traditional Muslim head coverings in public buildings
Funda Altintas picks at her lamb kofte and salad and tentatively describes her dream. "I really want to be a professor," the 23-year-old psychology graduate says. "My father says that maybe in 10 years I'll be able to be a professor." On a night out on the town, Altintas' friends also share their ambitions: Melike Akkus, 25, and Fatma Betul Yumuk, 22, are getting their MBAs. Esma Bendez, 23, would like to focus on intercultural studies.

Despite earning degrees from one of Turkey's best universities, none can be sure of reaching their career goals. What stands between them and their ambitions has little to do with dedication, loans or standardized tests. Instead, it is the traditional Muslim head covering they all wear.

Parliamentarians, judges, teachers and professors are forbidden from wearing the headscarf in public buildings, even though Turkey is predominately Muslim and governed by the Islam-oriented Justice and Development Party (AKP). Held in place by an old guard of secular bureaucrats, judges and the army, the ban has been eased at universities but remains unofficially applied in large parts of the private sector.

For many Muslims, the right of women to dress in accordance with their beliefs is on the front line in a battle with the traditional ruling class. For many secular Turks, the head covering is a symbol of everything they fear Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan government is working toward — political Islam and the oppression of women.

More Headscarves slam brakes on women's careers - World news - Europe - msnbc.com

Last edited:

Forum List

Back