France Backs China's Preemptive War!

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
how nice of them to back China's war to oppress a people while they opposed America's war to liberate a people.

Go France! You'll be in the Axis of Evil before Christmas!

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,1564,1559253,00.html

During a state visit to China, French Premier Raffarin threw support behind a law allowing China to attack Taiwan and continued to push for a lift of the EU arms embargo.

At the outset of a three-day visit to China, French Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin said he supported Beijing's "anti-secession" law on Taiwan, and vowed to keep pushing for an end to an EU arms embargo that could open the door for Paris to sell weapons to the Asian giant.

Raffarin also signed or finalized major business deals with Beijing valued at around $3.2 billion (2.4 billion euros).

Appearing to put his government at odds with the European Union, Raffarin said at the outset of the three day visit that Paris had no objections to the anti-secession law.

"The anti-secession law is completely compatible with the position of France," he said in a joint press conference with his Chinese counterpart Wen Jiabao.
CONTINUE ARTICLE @ LINK

NATO AIR said:
how nice of them to back China's war to oppress a people while they opposed America's war to liberate a people.

Go France! You'll be in the Axis of Evil before Christmas!

And Spain right with them:

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/B706304.htm

EU committed to lifting China arms ban--Solana
21 Apr 2005 18:30:33 GMT

Source: Reuters

By Patrick McLoughlin

RIGA, April 21 (Reuters) - European Union foreign policy chief Javier Solana said on Thursday Brussels remained committed to lifting a 16-year-old arms embargo on China.

Solana, visiting Latvia for a day, said the EU position had not changed. EU comments last week linking the lifting the embargo to China's human rights record and dispute with Taiwan were taken as a sign the ban would stay after all.

"We have taken the decision to take the issue of the arms embargo, to analyse it and to see when is the best opportunity to lift the embargo," he told a press conference.

His remarks follow those earlier on Thursday of French Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin who called the EU ban on arms sales to China outdated and discriminatory.

Raffarin, who arrived in Beijing for a three-day visit, said in an interview with China's official Xinhua news agency France and the EU would push for the lifting of the embargo, imposed following Beijing's military suppression of Tiananmen Square pro-democracy demonstrators in 1989.

France and Germany have led Europe's charge to lift the embargo, but EU ministers said last week China should first move forward on human rights and resolving its conflict with Taiwan.

The comments, along with pressure from the United States, were seen as all but ruling out chances of removing the ban before the end of June, the date by which Luxembourg -- which holds the rotating EU presidency -- wants the issue resolved.

The EU foreign policy chief did not discuss the timing of an embargo removal and he refused to comment on whether he expected Washington to relent in its opposition to the ban's removal.

"We will continue talking to our friends:wtf: in the United States, in Japan:banana2: and in China," he said.

"I would like to say that the decision on whether to embark on ... the export of weapons to China should not be considered as a military decision. It is a political decision."

Washington says lifting the EU ban would risk skewing the balance of power with Taiwan and put U.S. servicemen in danger.

Solana said the European Union was keen to improve its relationship with the new generation of leaders in China.

"I think that we don't want to deal with China with sanctions," he said. "We want to deal with China as a country in the international community."

EU members agreed in December to aim to lift the ban by June, but such a move requires unanimous agreement and some have grown reluctant after Beijing's adoption last month of a new hard-line law against independence for Taiwan. (Additional reporting by Jorgen Johannson in Riga)

Follow the money....

They were against the US' pre-emptive war with Iraq because they were selling to Iraq. Now they support China using a pre-emptive war with Taiwan, because they are selling to China. Iraq, they admitted, posed a threat but yet they were against it. Taiwan poses NO threat to ANYBODY and yet, they support China.

Follow the money....

NATO AIR said:
I hope some chickens start coming home to roost. I fervently pray the Jihadists start a civil war in France and tear it apart.

Then you would have Jihadists with nukes! And that might be a good thing too because I don't think they will use it on sensitive reefs like France have done, destroying a sensitive peece of the nature.

But seriously.

I don't get it. I make no distiction between nations ambition to prosper. Every country has its share of bad or stupid desicions. My country is no exception. But this was truely depressing. I'm really disappointed. Can't find the right words really. Damn.

IceEyes said:
Then you would have Jihadists with nukes! And that might be a good thing too because I don't think they will use it on sensitive reefs like France have done, destroying a sensitive peece of the nature.

But seriously.

I don't get it. I make no distiction between nations ambition to prosper. Every country has its share of bad or stupid desicions. My country is no exception. But this was truely depressing. I'm really disappointed. Can't find the right words really. Damn.
Ice Eyes, wish you would come around more and bring some open minded friends with you.

The US has its problems and mistakes, read any of our papers, the problems are listed. What we don't do is put our friends in danger or try to destroy them. That is what many of us think France is attempting to do.

Kathianne said:
Ice Eyes, wish you would come around more and bring some open minded friends with you.

The US has its problems and mistakes, read any of our papers, the problems are listed. What we don't do is put our friends in danger or try to destroy them. That is what many of us think France is attempting to do.

That was a nice thing to say. I don't know about France. It cannot possibly lie within their interest to arm China! It just can't. What reason can they have to object to NATO engagement in Darfur? It is almost childish in a way, I can't figure it out.

Many of my friends thought that the invasion of Iraq was premature. Alright, it's an opinion. However, it is easy to see that the action, as it finally happened, became mainly an American action against Iraq, - not against Europe or against France! If someone feels so bad about the war that they now consider America to be an enemy, then the question is who they see as their ally? The enemy of my enemy is my ally?

Has this war in anyway harmed France? Or any other nation at all really?

While this imature behaviour goes on, nations wich intentions are more than dubios can act in the shadow. An alreay weak UN gets even more strained by actions like such France have made now. The road back to trust just got longer, didn't it?

IceEyes said:
That was a nice thing to say. I don't know about France. It cannot possibly lie within their interest to arm China! It just can't. What reason can they have to object to NATO engagement in Darfur? It is almost childish in a way, I can't figure it out.

Many of my friends thought that the invasion of Iraq was premature. Alright, it's an opinion. However, it is easy to see that the action, as it finally happened, became mainly an American action against Iraq, - not against Europe or against France! If someone feels so bad about the war that they now consider America to be an enemy, then the question is who they see as their ally? The enemy of my enemy is my ally?

Has this war in anyway harmed France? Or any other nation at all really?

While this imature behaviour goes on, nations wich intentions are more than dubios can act in the shadow. An alreay weak UN gets even more strained by actions like such France have made now. The road back to trust just got longer, didn't it?

I think France is continuing with the US what it has historically done with its neighbors and allies, use them when convienent, but jealousy causes them to lash out during times of less violence. In this case though, they seem to be attempting to help their economy at the risk of not only others, but even themselves.

NATO AIR said:
Yep. Oh, and they're preventing NATO from playing any role in halting genocide in Darfur.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=691113

I hope some chickens start coming home to roost. I fervently pray the Jihadists start a civil war in France and tear it apart.

France has huge concession rights in Sudan, why aren't they protecting their freekin interests? Maybe they are :wtf:

Kathianne said:
I think France is continuing with the US what it has historically done with its neighbors and allies, use them when convienent, but jealousy causes them to lash out during times of less violence. In this case though, they seem to be attempting to help their economy at the risk of not only others, but even themselves.

Courtesian logic at it's finetest! (did I spell that right)

That was a nice thing to say. I don't know about France. It cannot possibly lie within their interest to arm China!

For France, arming China means billions of dollars. It also means forming a close relationship with the world's largest consumer and defense market. It means selling Airbus Airplanes, Alcatel telephone switches, microwave communications equipment, military jets and helicopters, weapons, etc., etc. I could go on and on.

So the France see arming China as a major interest as it solidifies their position (they think) with China. As I said in the post earlier....

FOLLOW THE MONEY!

It just can't. What reason can they have to object to NATO engagement in Darfur? It is almost childish in a way, I can't figure it out.

As I said, FOLLOW THE MONEY!

China has huge interests in China has also invested heavily in Sudan’s nascent oil industry because of its need to acquire oil. They also built an oil refinery there.

France also needs oil. And again, they also want to sell into the world's largest market - China. So it is obvious that France is hedging on China becoming a major trading partner for them and therefore, they will not do anything that China might use against them or that China might use an excuse to not trade with France.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!

Forum List

Back