Frailty, Thy Name Is Tehran

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NATO AIR, Oct 24, 2006.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Not endorsing his ideas, but Spengler is always enjoyable for the alternative POV he offers from traditional standpoints. He is correct about the fraility of the Iranian regime though, something we all tend to miss in hyping Iran's nuclear danger or in acknowledging Persian culture and "empire".

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I agree and not. I've yet to see the US try 'regime change' in Iran, for the simple reason that abbadabbadoo doesn't run Iran, the Mullahs do. There has been lots of 'talk' about an internal overthrow, but none that can be taken seriously.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770

What those hoping for intenal overthrow of Iran can't seem to get through their heads, is it DOES have to be without US interference. Arabs/Persians have been brainwashed from birth to consider us the greater evil, and Iranians are as Nationalistic and patriotic as at least half the US population is (you guess WHICH half).

If we attack Iran in any way, it has to be with the realistic foreknowledge that ALL Iranians are going to see it as a US attack against Iran, not a US attack against the Mullahs, or President Alphabet.

Personally, I say screw Russia, and screw Iran. I'd strike any and all suspected nuclear sites and turn them to dust.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Seriously Gunny, I'm to the point where I think we should, I don't know how, tell the fing world, we are out of here. If anyone attacks us or our closest allies, not Cold War or WWII allies, but our closest allies, all means are viable.

If you wish to overtake France, Italy, be our guest. Nuke them, you've got a problem.

Leave UK and Spain alone. Same with Australia, UK, Japan. First strike all the way.

Want to attack one another, go for it, we will let you.

Actually, let it be known, we don't give a flying f what you all wish to do to one another. We'll back Israel, but all they want is to be left to their own borders. Hamas, btw they abandoned Gaza nearly a year ago, so why the f are you sending daily missiles their way? We are taking you out.

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    ITA. Mess with us, we blow you up and you can put yourself back together. Or get France, Venezuela or Russia to do it. I'm sick to my eyeballs of playing by a set of rules contrived by our enemies, both from within and without.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yep, and I think many of the right and moderates agree with us.

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    LOL .... they didn't last year. I got beat up for saying the same thing. I've had just one thing for an ungrateful world for several years now:

:moon4:

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well i meant 'real moderates', not the self proclaimed moderates, ie libs on this here board.

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Good trivia question .... have we EVER had a lib on the board who was NOT a self-proclaimed "moderate"?

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well 'that girl' that went to another board, after being banned. The far left one, with the older conservative lover...