Fracking - something our kids will pay for

Now we must consider thee most extensive use of energy, pumping water. Where will you get the power to pump water?

Please clarify the need for pumping water, related to powering most of the homes in the US with electricity from windturbines?
Getting Water to your house, to your shower, to your bathroom uses the most energy in a home. People state that this Wind Turbine can power a certain number of homes, but that does not include the Department of Water and Power of the city where the home resides.

The Electricity used to pump water is our largest use of Energy in California, that use of Energy is not included in these headlines. Likewise, all these Cities that make wild claims of powering all their homes from Wind Power are not including the public utilities nor heating of homes.

Getting water from the local distribution point to a house isn't usually pumped, hydrostatic head does all the work. Water only has to be pumped when getting it to a point of a hydrostatic head advantage, which is why you see water towers dotting the horizon while driving across the country. So it requires some power to pump it to the water tower...big deal. Good thing that those pumps can run on electricity and be powered by wind turbines just like any other electric motor.

Renewable is the way forward. Fracking will destroy the planet.

I agree, fracking causes earthquakes by forcing polluted water back into the ground, and this polluted water pollute all underground water its near. We have one home, and I can't believe us humans on earth right now are being so selfish and greedy.

Polluted water isn't what is used during hydraulic fracturing, so no, that doesn't work, waste water injection (which can be non-fresh in nature with TDS), isn't hydraulic fracturing, and I can't believe humans on earth right now can be so ignorant of the basic topics they pretend to understand.

Done and did...I retired four years ago.

Good for you! So you have arrived at exactly the place where you needed to be, and second guessing at this point is useless. Enjoy retirement, hopefully it allows plenty of enjoyment of life and you have the health to appreciate it.

Forum List

Back