Fracking, some very good news

someone should beat you with a stick....water is more important than oil...the fights over water will begin sooner than later

fracking kills water tables

But the money made by the 'frackin' goes back to the billionaires on wall street. It is just the local yokels that drink the water. Hell, they will probably like the flavor added by the chemicals.

No, the movie has not been debunked. The NAS article stated quite clearly that the aquifers were being contaminated in many places.

Actually it has.

It never proved anything, it simply implied, and people assumed it to be proof.

Debunked due to lack of proof.

you're wrong, I've asked again and again for proof and you have all failed, each and every time.

Hell I even did some searching and came up with nothing.

So quit lying and admit you hate it b/c the money goes to BIG EVUL OIL. And has nothing to do with anything else.

No, the movie has not been debunked. The NAS article stated quite clearly that the aquifers were being contaminated in many places.

Actually it has.

you're wrong, I've asked again and again for proof and you have all failed, each and every time.

So quit lying and admit you hate it b/c the money goes to BIG EVUL OIL. And has nothing to do with anything else.
Concerns about fracing have little or nothing to do with concerns about the growing wealth of oil companies. The concerns are about the health and safety of the people adversely effected by improper drilling techniques. Health and safety trumps profits. So, the concerns voiced are genuine and really need to be addressed responsibly. Further dividing people with innuendo and lies is not a responsible means of addressing their valid concerns.

Aquifers are more important than natural gas reserves. You don't need natural gas to live on the planet, but you need water!

Actually it has.

Concerns about fracing have little or nothing to do with concerns about the growing wealth of oil companies. The concerns are about the health and safety of the people adversely effected by improper drilling techniques. Health and safety trumps profits. So, the concerns voiced are genuine and really need to be addressed responsibly. Further dividing people with innuendo and lies is not a responsible means of addressing their valid concerns.

Aquifers are more important than natural gas reserves. You don't need natural gas to live on the planet, but you need water!

these "valid concerns" are based on nothing more than assumption.

Seriously, I have looked and looked for anyone saying fracking DOES this of that.

All I've ever found is "suggest", "Implies".

Going after an industry based on that is wrong, and doesn't do anything except make people feel good that they stuck it to the man.

fyi; water pumps are need fuel to run. So unless you want to learn to haul water...:lol:

Actually it has.

Seriously, I have looked and looked for anyone saying fracking DOES this of that.

Going after an industry based on that is wrong, and doesn't do anything except make people feel good that they stuck it to the man.

fyi; water pumps are need fuel to run. So unless you want to learn to haul water...:lol:
I guess it depends where you look for your information. If the oil and gas industry websites say their drilling techniques are safe, the it must be true! Why would they lie about something like that?

But if your neighbor's well goes dry, if the aquifer is polluted, if the fracing fluids are far from benign, then we've got some real problems. And those problems go beyond the credibility issues the gas company might have.

And I gotta wonder how that water came up out of the ground before a power pump?

10659626-dramatic-backlit-rural-

I guess it depends where you look for your information. If the oil and gas industry websites say their drilling techniques are safe, the it must be true! Why would they lie about something like that?

But if your neighbor's well goes dry, if the aquifer is polluted, if the fracing fluids are far from benign, then we've got some real problems. And those problems go beyond the credibility issues the gas company might have.

And I gotta wonder how that water came up out of the ground before a power pump?

10659626-dramatic-backlit-rural-

You want a windmill attached to every home? I would work, when the wind was blowing. When not? well, it may solve our fat people issue as everyone will go to hand pumps :lol:

but no, I didn't check a single oil company site. I checked dozens of sites that made claims fracking was evuhl, and found none of them had anything more than assumption.

But they used it very very well.

People that live near fracking sites have more methane in thier water!!!!!

OHH NOOESSS It must be the evul driller and frackers!!!

or

It's always been like that and the frackers and drillers are going where the best sources are.

But lets not assume that.

fyi; methane is not harmfull to consume and no frackeing fluid has been found in peoples water. Thus confirming, to me, that the high methane content was there before the fracking began or there would also be some chemical residue.

p.s. I live in NE PA were much of this is being done.

The reason no company will expoase what they use, in any detail, is b/c it's thier own special mix and don't want the competition to know what they are using.

I already exposed the secret formula. Of my own design even, very company specific hush-hush. People getting their panties in a twist over this strikes me as nothing short of hysterical.

someone should beat you with a stick....water is more important than oil...the fights over water will begin sooner than later

fracking kills water tables

Since when? Short of a run of the mill design failure, I'm betting you don't even know how many layers of steel and concrete a frac has to get through to even get to a water table, particularly without someone noticing and fixing it first.

But the money made by the 'frackin' goes back to the billionaires on wall street. It is just the local yokels that drink the water. Hell, they will probably like the flavor added by the chemicals.

Never heard of the 1/8th the landowner gets? Are they all wall street people who own that land in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia and New York?

Oh. That is all the scientific evidence required nowadays? Cool...how's this for an example why thats a load of crap.

Let me state, quite clearly, that the moon is made of green cheese.

There. I did state it quite clearly, so it must be true.

Concerns about fracing have little or nothing to do with concerns about the growing wealth of oil companies. The concerns are about the health and safety of the people adversely effected by improper drilling techniques.

Name a single improper drilling technique. Just one.

Nosmo said:

Good thing that proper drilling techniques are used in acquiring the natural gas then.

Don't like websites? Fine...ask me. I spent time in the 80's and 90's drilling, completing, recompleting, fracing and producing oil and gas wells. Every technique I used for all of those activities was industry standard except one, and I ran off the service rig which did it. I don't need a website to know safe drilling practices, and certainly someone ignorant enough to think that reading a website will impart knowledge on any particular of this topic is delusional.

Don't like websites? Fine...ask me. I spent time in the 80's and 90's drilling, completing, recompleting, fracing and producing oil and gas wells. Every technique I used for all of those activities was industry standard except one, and I ran off the service rig which did it. I don't need a website to know safe drilling practices, and certainly someone ignorant enough to think that reading a website will impart knowledge on any particular of this topic is delusional.
My career has been Environmental engineering. I have monitored air, water, soil, stack emissions and toxic and hazardous waste since 1984. I know something about contractors, industry lobbyists, state and federal regulators and the regulations they promulgate. I also live in the heart of the Marcellus Shale deposits right where Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia meet. The issue is both wholly comprehensible by me and local to me.

The utter lack of regulatory oversight scares the bejeebus out of me. Infrastructure demands, particularly on small, often one lane rural bridges should have been met BEFORE the invasion of drill rigs and the convoy of heavy equipment and trucks.

And, in Pennsylvania for now, those infrastructure demands must be borne by the county township or state. There's no extraction tax imposed to pay for the infrastructure improvements!

Rural wells and small municipal water supplies are at jeopardy because there's not enough in the state's treasuries to pay inspectors and technicians.

While exploiting the natural gas would be a great thing for our energy outlook, there's been very little care taken to protect the environment and the people who staked their claim to the ground before the energy companies staked claim to the stuff beneath it.

No one's looking to cripple the gas industry, drive away many very needed jobs or bankrupt our national energy security. But people trump profit. Homes beats Executive Suites. It's high time to be careful and thoughtful when an industry invades farmlands.

My career has been Environmental engineering. I have monitored air, water, soil, stack emissions and toxic and hazardous waste since 1984. I know something about contractors, industry lobbyists, state and federal regulators and the regulations they promulgate. I also live in the heart of the Marcellus Shale deposits right where Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia meet. The issue is both wholly comprehensible by me and local to me.

The utter lack of regulatory oversight scares the bejeebus out of me. Infrastructure demands, particularly on small, often one lane rural bridges should have been met BEFORE the invasion of drill rigs and the convoy of heavy equipment and trucks.

And, in Pennsylvania for now, those infrastructure demands must be borne by the county township or state. There's no extraction tax imposed to pay for the infrastructure improvements!

Rural wells and small municipal water supplies are at jeopardy because there's not enough in the state's treasuries to pay inspectors and technicians.

While exploiting the natural gas would be a great thing for our energy outlook, there's been very little care taken to protect the environment and the people who staked their claim to the ground before the energy companies staked claim to the stuff beneath it.

No one's looking to cripple the gas industry, drive away many very needed jobs or bankrupt our national energy security. But people trump profit. Homes beats Executive Suites. It's high time to be careful and thoughtful when an industry invades farmlands.

The roads are being repaired by the gas and trucking company's at leat in NE pa they are,

and stating there has been very little care is just so not true.

Forum List

Back