Foxtainment Is A Wing Of The Republican Party

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Gabriel Legend: "I think the emphasis on Benghazi has been extremely political, partly because Fox is operating as the wing of the Republican Party."

After that, Fox News cut him off, as is their policy whenever someone does something that makes them look bad.

Thomas Ricks Flat Out Calls Fox News Republican Shills on Air

November 26, 2012

Author and journalist Thomas Ricks should be everyone's new hero. Pulitzer Prize winner Ricks went on air on Fox News and basically called them exactly what they are - a bunch of shills for the Republican Party. He made two comments that said as much, the second quite brutal, before anchor Jon Scott cut him off curtly.

Fox was interviewing Ricks, who is an expert on the military and has a new book called The Generals. When the author was asked his opinion about the Benghazi attacks and the criticism that John McCain had for Susan Rice he said the following, "I think Benghazi generally was hyped by this network especially. And that now that the campaign is over, I think (John McCain) is backing off a little bit."

When Scott tried to feed him the standard BS that Fox News is famous for spouting. "When you have four people dead for the first time in more than 30 years, how do you call that hype?"

Ricks replied, asking if Scott knew how many security contractors were killed in Iraq, a fact that Scott did not know apparently, and Ricks went on to call the Benghazi attacks a "small firefight" by comparison. Then, Thomas Ricks fed the Fox News anchor his lunch. "I think the emphasis on Benghazi has been extremely political, partly because Fox is operating as the wing of the Republican Party."

After that, Fox News cut him off, as is their policy whenever someone does something that makes them look bad. The entire interview, which likely was scheduled for three to five minutes, lasted only around 90 seconds. This man deserves a medal for calling out Fox News for what it really is, a shill for the Republican Party. Like most Republicans, the truth doesn't penetrate the thick skull-like structure to the potential brain underneath, and anything that isn't the party line is denied, glossed-over, "taken out of context," or simply ignored.

<snip>

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhp9A43aeKM"]Thomas Ricks' Accuses Fox News Of Operating As 'Wing Of The Republican Party' - YouTube[/ame]

If democrats just controlled the airwaves and could shut down criticism of the regime. It would be so much better.

And MSNBC is a "wing" of the democrat party.....as is a few other news channels.
Just because Fox tells us about the things the other stations won't doesn't mean they're lying or taking sides. They talk about everything that's going on....the others pick and chose what they want to talk about and what they want you followers to know about. You're not going to hear about ANYTHING that they don't want you to know about.

AND....Benghazi IS political. It was the President of the US that decided to go to bed, and head out to Vegas the next day because it was more important to keep campaigning than to find out what went wrong. Do you know why? Because he already KNEW what went wrong and had other in the process of covering it up. And all your liberal news channels are doing the same thing.....

I hope they ALL hang for this!

I think Ricks was silent when CBS entered into a conspiracy to use forged documents to influence a presidential election. For a guy who claims to be an expert on military matters he should know better than to compare the deaths of civilians in a military conflict to the lack of protection for a US Embassy and lying about it for a month. Hussein and his cohorts watched the 7 hour battle in real time and never lifted a finger when US Military support was an hour away at best. The coverup used to be worse than the crime when a republican was in office but in this case fools like Ricks and the rest of the liberal establishment attack the information source while they circle the wagons around the administration. Benghazi ain't over. UN ambassador Rice appears to be willing to commit perjury to protect Obama.

Oh please.. they cut him off because he was invited on the show to discuss his book and he went off on a rant of left-wing talking points. Funny, I have yet to hear him complain about ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, MSNBC, CNN, NYT, LAT, etc. being 100% in the tank for the Democrats.. he appears to be fine with that.

Where was he cut off?

When you make an asinine statement such as one that accuses Fox News of being shills for the Republicans, there's really nothing left to discuss at that point, and the conversation ends. That's not cutting off, that's one person allowing the conversation to get to the point where it has no value. Seems like he got in everything he wanted to say, no?

The fact that Ricks was allowed to rant about Fox on a Fox show indicates that Fox is really fair and balanced. The fact that the left makes an issue about it indicates that they still aren't confident even after they won the election. Fox ain't your enemy lefties. You won the freaking election so quit whining about Fox and tell us how great the next four years are going to be.

Who cares if Fox is pro-Republican. Every other channel is pro-Dem.

Every channel has a target audience, just accept it and move on.

They think Fox lies because all the other news channels (and their president) say they do...
That's good enough for them!

wow, this really blew some people's skirts up

doesn't take much it seems

Fox is a republican channel.
MSNBC is a democratic channel.

The only people who watch either are those seeking affirmation of their own beliefs, not seeking real news.

What IS a REAL news channel today?

I don't watch 24 hour news networks. However if I had to recommend one, I'd suggest one whose bias isn't quite so glaring.

Yes, FOX is right wing.

NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC are left wing.

This is a non-issue, and the left gets it's panties wet every time they think they have something bad to say about FOX.

Last edited:
NBC, CBS (forged documents treason plot), ABC, CNN, MSNBC are tools of the democrat party and are so biased that it makes Fox look as if it is right wing when it is fair and balanced.

Like I stated elsewhere...it's not like this is a huge surprise or new news about Faux.
But, it was still kick ass nonetheless.. :lol:

So some guy babbling like a idiot and throwing a temper tantrum is kick ass..

Forum List

Back