Fox's new 'fair and balanced' Obama video

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
:eusa_whistle:

'Fox And Friends' Anti-Obama Video Could Double As GOP Ad (VIDEO)

"Fox and Friends" aired a remarkable four-minute video on its Wednesday show.

The video, which the hosts of the show advertised as taking a "look back" at President Obama's four years in office, could easily be mistaken for a Republican attack ad. It was aired multiple times throughout the show.

"We decided to take a look back at the president's first term to see if it lived up to hope and change," host Gretchen Carlson asked at one point, introducing the video.

In the video —which is labeled as a "Fox and Friends Presents" production — viewers see images of Obama talking about jobs contrasted with footage of homeless people. There is dark, foreboding music, and statistics about the unemployment rate, the rise in the number of food stamps, and the national debt, among other things.

Some media critics were outraged by the video. The Baltimore Sun's David Zurawik denounced it, calling it reminiscent of "1930s propaganda":

As the guy who challenged the Obama administration two years when it tried to deny Fox News access to interviews and other opportunities offered to the media on the grounds that Fox was not a legitimate news operation, I have to tell you even I am shocked by how blatantly Fox is throwing off any pretense of being a journalistic entity with videos like this. Don't be fooled by Bret Baier's Boy Scout smile or all the talk about how some shows are news and some are opinion on the channel. Any news organization that puts up this kind of video is rotten to the core.

The video, which the hosts of the show advertised as taking a "look back" at President Obama's four years in office, could easily be mistaken for a Republican attack ad. It was aired multiple times throughout the show.

"We decided to take a look back at the president's first term to see if it lived up to hope and change," host Gretchen Carlson asked at one point, introducing the video.

In the video —which is labeled as a "Fox and Friends Presents" production — viewers see images of Obama talking about jobs contrasted with footage of homeless people. There is dark, foreboding music, and statistics about the unemployment rate, the rise in the number of food stamps, and the national debt, among other things.

Some media critics were outraged by the video. The Baltimore Sun's David Zurawik denounced it, calling it reminiscent of "1930s propaganda":

As the guy who challenged the Obama administration two years when it tried to deny Fox News access to interviews and other opportunities offered to the media on the grounds that Fox was not a legitimate news operation, I have to tell you even I am shocked by how blatantly Fox is throwing off any pretense of being a journalistic entity with videos like this. Don't be fooled by Bret Baier's Boy Scout smile or all the talk about how some shows are news and some are opinion on the channel. Any news organization that puts up this kind of video is rotten to the core.

So what? Fox is merely a sign of the utter abandonment of journalistic standards by all the networks and cable outlets. You just hate Fox because of the direction their bias is pointed.

So your only problem with free speech is when someone says something you don't like. We get it.

• Banned
awwwwwwwwwwww..... did the big bad FOX News upset wittle Obamabot JosephK with a dose of reality?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obamabot...that's original.

I'm not surprised that you missed the point. Respectable news outlets don't air propaganda.

So your only problem with free speech is when someone says something you don't like. We get it.

I didn't say anything about free speech. Fox can say what they wish. Just don't call it "fair and balanced" journalism; because, it's not.

Thanks for proving my point :thup:

Sure. I couldn't agree more about Fox. Their bias is overt and deep. As are MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CNN, NPR, and every major news outlet I can think of.

Please cite an example or two of their bias, asswipe.

Thanks in advance

If you want me to do your homework for you, tough guy, then you should be a bit more polite. And specific with your request. Which networks bias would you like me to provide an example of?

That is good accurate reporting, the truth sure is bothering Libtards these days.

Has anybody mentioned the way Newsweek essentially became a cum-laden Obama groupie four years ago...?

So what? Fox is merely a sign of the utter abandonment of journalistic standards

Thanks for proving my point :thup:

Sure. I couldn't agree more about Fox. Their bias is overt and deep. As are MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CNN, NPR, and every major news outlet I can think of.

Actually not true at all.

Don't confuse reporting with punditing. All of them have some of both although it is certainly true that fux doesn't bother to pretend to be "fair and balanced". Can't remember his last name but Shep of fux is sometimes a pleasant surprise as well as Juan Williams.

In point of fact, fux was set up to be the propaganda arm of the GObP. Sorry, but its just fact. Watch Murdoch himself in the documentary, Orwell Rolls In His Grave. He says it straight out. He also instructs the on air people to work in the phrase, "fair and balanced" as often as possible as well as the admonishment that watchers should "look it up themselves". Watch Murdoch say "They won't [but it will make us look good]". In the same documentary, you can watch Michael Powell (radical and weird son of Colin Powel) gut the FCC so that Murdoch and MUSLIMS can control what you watch with impunity.

MSNBC has some very liberal pundits, NBC, CNN, NBC, CBS don't and NPR is actually rather conservative.

Try listening to NPR. No. I mean really listening.

Forum List

Back