Fox's death book lie

The "Death Book" was removed during the Bush admin. Despite Dem allegations to the opposite, they revived it, despite the fact that it's still being "revised" and forced it down the throats of those who are older, specifically vets, who made the huge mistake of choosing VA hospitals rather than using their own private insurance to treat them.

Those vets, when diagnosed with terminal cancer, were told there was no treatment and given the death book.

Meanwhile, those with private insurance were treated according to their wishes. The vets weren't even given a choice.

Welcome to gov't healthcare.

I have only said this once...(to divecon of course) but you are an idiot.

3. The Bush administration, not the Obama administration, included the guidebook in the VHA handbook.

From the transcript of the interview of Towey by Chris Wallace:
(Jim Towey was the Director of Faith-Based Initiatives in the Bush Administration)

"TOWEY: Well, I think that President Bush was — and his administration were very surprised to hear that this document has moved so far through the V.A. chain of command and was about to be approved. The secretary there didn't even know about it.

That's the fear Americans have, of course, is these bureaucracies have a way of getting something out there like this that people don't even know about, Congress never heard of.

So when I raised it with the Bush White House, they said, "This isn't a vision of life. People have their dignity. They're endowed with that. It's not lost when they get dementia or stroke," and so they pulled it.

WALLACE: So after President Bush suspended the use of this document, why did the Obama administration last month reinstate it?

TOWEY: Good question. I don't fault President Obama on this yet, because I suspect he was like President Bush and knew nothing about it. The question is why hasn't it been pulled from their Web site now."

AND HERE'S THE ENTIRE TRANSCRIPT OF THE INTERVIEW

My own comment: When you consider the questions in the "Your Life, Your Choices" questionaire, would those questions be the ones you would ask a suicide caller if you were on a suicide hotline? Then you should consider how our brave veterans, after suffering the humility of returning home without a limb or terribly wounded, out of sorts with the rest of the civilian population, feelling terribly depressed . . . .isn't there a parallel here? And similarly, to an older or senior citizen, once Obamacare is in effect and there is a need to reduce costs . . . would these questions promote a bouyed up spirit?.... or make one feel like removing themselves as a problem to their family?

(Included in the above link, following the Towey interview is the interview of Tammy Duckworth, assistant secretary of veterans affairs of the Obama administration by Chris Wallace)

You really shouldn't need anyone else's "interpretation" of these two interviews.

Last edited:
The "Death Book" was removed during the Bush admin. Despite Dem allegations to the opposite, they revived it, despite the fact that it's still being "revised" and forced it down the throats of those who are older, specifically vets, who made the huge mistake of choosing VA hospitals rather than using their own private insurance to treat them.

Those vets, when diagnosed with terminal cancer, were told there was no treatment and given the death book.

Meanwhile, those with private insurance were treated according to their wishes. The vets weren't even given a choice.

Welcome to gov't healthcare.

I have only said this once...(to divecon of course) but you are an idiot.

What a stunning comeback.

To Republicans the Omnibus Spying Bill becomes The Patriot Act.

They are the masters of the big lie.

Fox is not news.

Towey is the latest Betsy McCaughey. May he be unemployed soon.

Fox is not news.

And there you go...as per the course.

Par the course. I think.

Uh, par for the course..

"Par for the course" is what is normal and acceptable for a particular situation. Example: "I get sick every time I travel." Answer: "That's just par for the course." "Par" on a golf "course" is the average number of strokes a golfer needs to get the ball in all the holes; "par for the course" is what is usual and expected. Example: "Things don't always work out as we want in life, and that's just par for the course; we do our best and go on." We should not get too bothered when things happen that are par for the course, because they are regular parts of life.

Last edited:
Fox is not news.

Par the course. I think.

Uh, par for the course..

"Par for the course" is what is normal and acceptable for a particular situation. Example: "I get sick every time I travel." Answer: "That's just par for the course." "Par" on a golf "course" is the average number of strokes a golfer needs to get the ball in all the holes; "par for the course" is what is usual and expected. Example: "Things don't always work out as we want in life, and that's just par for the course; we do our best and go on." We should not get too bothered when things happen that are par for the course, because they are regular parts of life.

Another death by boredom Zona post casualty on USMB...

sleep-computer-460_1205647c.jpg

Par for the course...average number of strokes....

Par the course. I think.

Uh, par for the course..

Another death by boredom Zona post casualty on USMB...

sleep-computer-460_1205647c.jpg

Par for the course...average number of strokes....
It's all ok, but what I meant was that as we go through (Latin per=through) this course (Latin cursus=journey/path), or path, that this is the usual outcome; Killing the messenger per character assassination

Last edited:
3. The Bush administration, not the Obama administration, included the guidebook in the VHA handbook.

From the transcript of the interview of Towey by Chris Wallace:
(Jim Towey was the Director of Faith-Based Initiatives in the Bush Administration)

"TOWEY: Well, I think that President Bush was — and his administration were very surprised to hear that this document has moved so far through the V.A. chain of command and was about to be approved. The secretary there didn't even know about it.

That's the fear Americans have, of course, is these bureaucracies have a way of getting something out there like this that people don't even know about, Congress never heard of.

So when I raised it with the Bush White House, they said, "This isn't a vision of life. People have their dignity. They're endowed with that. It's not lost when they get dementia or stroke," and so they pulled it.

WALLACE: So after President Bush suspended the use of this document, why did the Obama administration last month reinstate it?

TOWEY: Good question. I don't fault President Obama on this yet, because I suspect he was like President Bush and knew nothing about it. The question is why hasn't it been pulled from their Web site now."

AND HERE'S THE ENTIRE TRANSCRIPT OF THE INTERVIEW

My own comment: When you consider the questions in the "Your Life, Your Choices" questionaire, would those questions be the ones you would ask a suicide caller if you were on a suicide hotline? Then you should consider how our brave veterans, after suffering the humility of returning home without a limb or terribly wounded, out of sorts with the rest of the civilian population, feelling terribly depressed . . . .isn't there a parallel here? And similarly, to an older or senior citizen, once Obamacare is in effect and there is a need to reduce costs . . . would these questions promote a bouyed up spirit?.... or make one feel like removing themselves as a problem to their family?

(Included in the above link, following the Towey interview is the interview of Tammy Duckworth, assistant secretary of veterans affairs of the Obama administration by Chris Wallace)

You really shouldn't need anyone else's "interpretation" of these two interviews.

Excellent post, AH.

PJ was right -- there are crickets in here.

Forum List

Back