FoxNews does it again- Do they ever check their footage?

If the heat that the adminstration is applying by drawing attention to the bias results in better journalism - we'll all win.

Hard to say how much the admin. played a part in this and how much of it Jon Stewart and others have just by pointing out the specifics, but in the end your point is still correct.

:D

Fox News again accused of airing misleading video - Yahoo! News

For the second time in just over a week, Fox News is coming under fire for misusing old news footage. The latest flap is leading some people to charge that the cable news network is intentionally misleading its audience, while Fox claims a "production error."

Wednesday's incident occurred when Fox News host Gregg Jarrett mentioned that a Sarah Palin appearance and book signing in Grand Rapids, Michigan had a massive turnout. As footage rolled of a smiling and waving Palin amidst a throng of fans, Jarrett noted that the former Republican vice-presidential candidate is "continuing to draw huge crowds while she's promoting her brand-new book,'' adding that the images being shown were "some of the pictures just coming in to us.... The lines earlier had formed this morning."

However, the video used in the segment was from a 2008 McCain/Palin campaign rally. In response to the minor uproar that arose after clips of Jarrett's report hit the Internet, Fox senior vice-president of news Michael Clemente issued an initial statement saying, "This was a production error in which the copy editor changed a script and didn't alert the control room to update the video."

On Thursday afternoon, Fox News issued an on-air apology delivered by host Jane Skinner:

Yes, there were probably MORE people at the book signing. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't you libs worry you little heads about this, I am going to a Palin book signing and I will bring my own video camera to show all of you the crowds. :lol::lol:

I think I heard 3 million copies sold to date, they no more than get them in the book stores and they are gone. They are printing millions more.

Last edited:
Don't you libs worry you little heads about this...

Oh, you don't have to worry your little head about us worrying our little heads over this, because we know the point isn't how big the crowds were for Gov. Mooseburger's book-signing, but the fact that the network that's been carrying water for her has enough eggs on its face to make a giant omelet.

:lol::lol::lol:

Here's another one that didn't seem to get a lot of notice, btw:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/92565-fox-news-makes-obama-cry-22.html#post1677776

Oh, you don't have to worry your little head about us worrying our little heads over this, because we know the point isn't how big the crowds were for Gov. Mooseburger's book-signing, but the fact that the network that's been carrying water for her has enough eggs on its face to make a giant omelet.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/92565-fox-news-makes-obama-cry-22.html#post1677776

I wonder if the EX Gov has them mooseburgers shipped to her on the campaign trail..

I mean the book tour.

Last edited:

I wonder if the EX Gov has them mooseburgers shipped to her on the campaign trail..

I mean the book tour.

Have you ever had a mooseburger? They are pretty darn good, you ought to try one sometime, low in fat, high in protein. .:lol::lol: BTW- Fox news is still making Obama cry.:lol:

I love the threads by the k00ks about FOX News. It represents but one thing.......and that is clearly, they hate FOX because it becomes more and more enormous in America with each passing year. Oh...........and not to mention that these are the same k00ks who are among the 937 nightly "Countdown" viewers. Of course they're pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!:funnyface::funnyface::oops:

Last edited:
Caught inflating teaparty numbers
Caught inflating Palin numbers
Caught switching footage to create an illusion of participation that just wasn't there - TWICE

Trying to defend this type of "journalism" is pathetic. I guess lying is OK as long your ideology is in the "right" place, huh?

Almost sounds like Rassmussen

speaking of Rasmussen s0n.............Obama at 45% Approval today!!!!!!!

yuk...........yuk.............:lol:

Fox%27s%2BPie%2BChart_f8430.jpg

Fox News again accused of airing misleading video - Yahoo! News

For the second time in just over a week, Fox News is coming under fire for misusing old news footage. The latest flap is leading some people to charge that the cable news network is intentionally misleading its audience, while Fox claims a "production error."

Wednesday's incident occurred when Fox News host Gregg Jarrett mentioned that a Sarah Palin appearance and book signing in Grand Rapids, Michigan had a massive turnout. As footage rolled of a smiling and waving Palin amidst a throng of fans, Jarrett noted that the former Republican vice-presidential candidate is "continuing to draw huge crowds while she's promoting her brand-new book,'' adding that the images being shown were "some of the pictures just coming in to us.... The lines earlier had formed this morning."

However, the video used in the segment was from a 2008 McCain/Palin campaign rally. In response to the minor uproar that arose after clips of Jarrett's report hit the Internet, Fox senior vice-president of news Michael Clemente issued an initial statement saying, "This was a production error in which the copy editor changed a script and didn't alert the control room to update the video."

On Thursday afternoon, Fox News issued an on-air apology delivered by host Jane Skinner:

She's sold more books in 4 days than most Authors do in a year and many in a lifetime, is it really misleading people to show a huge crowd? Also those people STILL showed up to see Sarah Palin even if it wasn't for her book, so a story reporting on how Sarah Palin draws large crowds showing a large crowd, oh yeah that's really misleading people. Look I'm a fan of Palin so I'll understand if you don't ask me lead your revolt but if want some sound advice I'll offer it free of charge. If you want people to pay less attention to her, you might want to stop drawing attention to her with all these ridiculous claims, it's only firing more people up against you.

She's sold more books in 4 days than most Authors do in a year and many in a lifetime, is it really misleading people to show a huge crowd? Also those people STILL showed up to see Sarah Palin even if it wasn't for her book, so a story reporting on how Sarah Palin draws large crowds showing a large crowd, oh yeah that's really misleading people. Look I'm a fan of Palin so I'll understand if you don't ask me lead your revolt but if want some sound advice I'll offer it free of charge. If you want people to pay less attention to her, you might want to stop drawing attention to her with all these ridiculous claims, it's only firing more people up against you.

If you don't show footage of people who are actually attending the Palin rally it is misleading people. Unless you post a message saying "Here is an example of what a large crowd looks like"

Forum List

Back